PDA

View Full Version : Dam Guasti Lake

420fisherman
11-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Went out to Guasti today for some trout and got skunked lol.. tried jigs, lip ripperz, Gulp ,PB , and Night crawlers wit gravy sauce ol well at least i wasnt the only 1 lol . Most of people i talked to didnt get anything either and it was a little windy 2day.. They been having plants every week so it should start to get goin pretty soon.. The Derby at guasti is coming up in 2 weeks hopefully the bite will be better by then or else it wont even be worth going out there.. :mad:

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
11-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Went out to Guasti today for some trout and got skunked lol.. tried jigs, lip ripperz, Gulp ,PB , and Night crawlers wit gravy sauce ol well at least i wasnt the only 1 lol . Most of people i talked to didnt get anything either and it was a little windy 2day.. They been having plants every week so it should start to get goin pretty soon.. The Derby at guasti is coming up in 2 weeks hopefully the bite will be better by then or else it wont even be worth going out there.. :mad:
i got pix of about 50 dead mt lassens belly up and a trashcan full of lassies..go to glen hellen till guasti derby aftermath at least thats what imma do..good luck on finding quality trout during december bro there out there..

troutguy26
11-29-2010, 07:19 PM
The Derby at guasti is coming up in 2 weeks hopefully the bite will be better by then or else it wont even be worth going out there.. :mad:

idk man..i went to the derby last year and got skunked..to me, that place is a mudhole and should be fixed up..has a lot of potential tho

Crismateski
11-29-2010, 08:41 PM
I went out there yesterday, and went through everything in the tackle box with no luck, the only fish that came out of the lake while I was there was approx a 14" taken by a bird

BrandonFish
11-29-2010, 08:44 PM
fish are still dieng over there? without being caught? really? i was out there for the opener sucked horibly

troutguy26
11-29-2010, 08:44 PM
I went out there yesterday, and went through everything in the tackle box with no luck, the only fish that came out of the lake while I was there was approx a 14" taken by a bird

yea, that lakes toast the way i look at it

Swank909
11-29-2010, 08:47 PM
With the cooler temps we're looking at here the fish should start adjusting just fine. They stocked on Wed this last week cause of the holiday. So you fished it 5 days after the stock, lots of fighermen and birds to compete with in that time. Not a lake in LA or OC you could say held trout after 5 days haha (take this one with a bit of salt)

420fisherman
11-30-2010, 12:30 AM
I didnt see no fish dead in the water so i thot it was gonna be fine . i didnt kno it was thats bad out there . Figured id wait a few days b4 i went didnt wanna fish it rite away. maybe I shouldve went rite after the stock lts cool tho any day to fish is a good day... Prob hit up glen helen this weekend havent been there in a while....

troutguy26
11-30-2010, 07:06 AM
I didnt see no fish dead in the water so i thot it was gonna be fine . i didnt kno it was thats bad out there . Figured id wait a few days b4 i went didnt wanna fish it rite away. maybe I shouldve went rite after the stock lts cool tho any day to fish is a good day... Prob hit up glen helen this weekend havent been there in a while....

if u go to glen helen, fish the coves...thye are in shallow right now...the birds are usually chasin them in anyways..goodluck

TG26