PDA

View Full Version : Dockweiler 11/28

JIM E
11-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Got on the sand about 1030. I wanted to try an area that was holding corbina about two weeks ago. Started with CLR grub and was catching small to mid size BSP in a pretty consistant manner. Water was still clear but very cold, and I didn't see any beans the whole time I was there. I was planning on casting a swimmy to try for halibut but the condidtions just didn't warrant that today. All in all I was happy with what I got.....

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg310/JIMKIM55/ZumaAugust16004.jpg

lovefofish
11-29-2010, 03:17 PM
good report what was the water clarity like?

murrieta angler
11-29-2010, 04:09 PM
That's a good sized perch there Jim.
I'm hoping to get up to S.B. and get some of them 1 1/2 pounders real soon.
Thanks for the short and the pic,
Robert
<><

p.s. where is dockweiler?

PONTOON
11-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Very nice Jim!

I got word that you posted and had to check it out! Thanks for posting and I'm sure the S.W.A.T. Team will appreciate your skills and knowledge of the surf.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

flyngby
11-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Jim,

Again welcome to the boards!

Very nice Piggy you coaxed out of the water!

Look forward to the next report!

Curious as to what conditions kept you from going for the flattie?

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif.

klocked
11-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Suweet little piggy there Jim!

Wingnut
11-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Jim, thanks for the report. Anytime we get a report from a seasoned surf fishing veteran like yourself is a treat. :Cool:
Those big Perch will be showing up in numbers starting December and January... spawning time! :Wink: The Halibut bite will be challenging during these Winter months, thank goodness for the PERCH! :Big Grin: Keep up the good work.

blackwater
11-30-2010, 12:06 AM
Gotta love those Perch on light gear. Nicely done Jim. :Big Grin:
I remember you from the Hunting Giants II event. :Cool:

JIM E
11-30-2010, 07:55 AM
Thanx for the responces ----

Lovefofish--- the water clarity was very good and has been for about a month now. Dock can have weed issues but most often it's the water that's kinda tubid and makes it hard to spot fish. I usally sight the beans by seeing them swirl or boil after I've spooked them, I've actually stepped on them a couple of times, so they have a hard time seeing as well.... This beach is excellent during the low tide for bean catching, and 10 bean days are not uncommon, given the proper conditions.

Murrieta- Dockweiler is at the foot of Imperial Hwy. between Playa Del Rey and El Porto. Free parking on the street above the beach, other wise a $6.00 to $8.00 fee in the lots.

Flyngby- The wave action was just a little too much, (like 9 sec periods ) to make fishing an artificial productive, also it was a low tide session so there wasn't much water to work with. But I will tell you this break puts out the flattys, but I usually concentrate my efforts toward the south end of the beach where the shore is just a little steaper. I enjoy working the swimmy's ( 3" w/ 3/8 oz head ) or a 3/4 oz KM in in Chrome and Blue have been most productive for me.

Nhatster
11-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Nice going on the Perch Jim. What pound test line were you using?
I used to fish El Porto a long time ago. Good place but too many surfers.

JIM E
12-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Nice going on the Perch Jim. What pound test line were you using?
I used to fish El Porto a long time ago. Good place but too many surfers.

Nhaster, C-rig w/ 6# main and a 4# flouro leader.... The sufers like El Porto because of the break there. The only surfers at Dock will usually be by the pipe....

smokehound
12-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Winter-time perch! Cant wait.