PDA

View Full Version : Hitting up the 'duct for first time

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
11-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Guys,
There is a wealth of information here, I'm grateful. Will weed through posts and threads when I have a chance.
However, have worked out a time with my adult son to hit up the 'duct and have secured some spots to try but, needed some tips on lure selection for those strypers. I have alot of LMB lures, in particular, jerkbaits. Should this be one I should try? What do you guys suggest?
Any help will appreciated.
A-I-T

yolo
11-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Yes the jerkbait in both hard and soft varieties should be tried. 4" to 6" are good sizes. You can also throw lipless cranks in the mix from 1/2oz to 1oz sizes, 3/4oz to 2oz bucktails, 4" to 6" plastic swimbaits. They all get hit. Work them in all different ways. There is no magic retrieve. Water has been ripping lately so I would recommend 3/4oz and up on lure weights. More important than the lures and retrieve is, don't hang in one spot too long. I give it 20 minutes usually and then I move on to the next access point and next, and next etc. Good luck!

sumojo
11-29-2010, 12:39 PM
like Yolo says try all those different swim baits and keep on the move to find them i fish the aqua duct all the time . i do good on bait and wait and just started using lures this year so thats new for me so i have a lot of skunks under my belt but i still get out there and try different spots.i say just get out there and fish and have some fun

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
11-30-2010, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I will post, either way fish or no fish, when I go.