PDA

View Full Version : 11/23 & 11/26 Irvine Lake

roby
11-28-2010, 09:35 PM
I fished the kid's lagoon twice this past week. On Tuesday (23rd), the fishing was slow. I invited a family, which consisted of grandpa, dad, and son to go to fishing at Irvine for the first time. Fortunately, they were able to catch one trout (on the kiddie pole as well). We caught three. Around the lake however, hardly any families were catching. The group next to us ended up with 5-7. We were told that day they were stocking at noon at got real excited for the stock truck to come. In the end, the stock truck did come, but they only stocked the main lake. The following day they would stock the kid's lagoon. We were a bit bummed, but it was terrific day nonetheless.

On the 26th (Friday), I went with my family (2yr & 5yr old boys, wife) and my two nieces and grandpa. It was packed, but we managed a spot near the ramp. The fishing was a lot better. Everyone around the lake was catching and it was good to see the kid's excited. We caught on worms and powerbait. All the kid's reeled in the fish. Some were lost and some brought in. Our group caught 12 trout total. Staff members were actively walking around and checking stringers, which I think was cool, since it was "only the kid's lagoon." We saw about 4-5 families limit and pretty much everyone caught fish.

hooks
11-29-2010, 07:46 AM
:Dancing Banana: