PDA

View Full Version : Bang, Bang, 2010 Turkey Shoot!!!

TaperSteve
11-28-2010, 09:41 AM
I camped the line the night before with my Daughter April. We arrived at the lake around 10pm and were the 10th car in line. Man was it cold out! Talked to some of the Vine staff the next morning and they said it was below freezing. The deck on my boat was covered in a layer of ice. I couldnt wait for the sun to come out and warm everthing (and everybody) up almost as much as I wanted to get a top 10 fish, almost....

We trolled various Rapala's for most the day all dipped in Bite-On Garlic. I limited out just before the scales closed at 2pm. All fish were between 2.5lb - 3lbs on my Rapala scale. We headed over to watch the end of the weigh-ins and the raffle. My Daughter ended up winning a BOOYAA beanie and I won a Berkley hat with a hat light.

I'd like to say congrats to Aaron (Killa Fish Taco) for his 4th place finish and Master qualify. I didnt make the cut this time round. Hopefully I can qualify next month on the 18th or 19th (Christmas Trout Derby). Hope to see you all there!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/Turkey%20Shoot%202010/fghc.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/Turkey%20Shoot%202010/dsfgsd.jpg

TaperSteve

Hometown
11-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Nice stringer of fish to bad you didnt get that kicker to qualify hopefully next time.And good going on representing TEAM57 I wanted to fish satarday but Im still having car trouble see on Dec 5

Thisfool
11-28-2010, 01:12 PM
to bad on missing the top ten i was wondering how you did and then when they posted up the results and i dint see your name i felt a lil bad for you.:Bawling:

but at least you limited out on some nice fish and once again you lived up to the allies of TROLLERsteve.:UDaMan:

you will place the next time i know you will.

Rooster
11-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Ya did well bro,, Trolling with that much pressure with all those boats out there made it very difficult.

Seņor.Chilax
11-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Next time TrollerSteve. At least you went home with a limit. See you next week.

MAVERICK27
11-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Nice limit as usual. Don't worry, a qualifier is in the cards for you!

Hitts0n
11-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Limits bro !! There's lot more chances to qualify! This year/trout season im planning on qualifying !!

troutdog
11-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Solid looking limit, that DD is coming your way I just know it Steve!

See you at the lake,

TD