PDA

View Full Version : Bite On does it again at Turkey Shoot Out

the killa fish taco
11-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Well, it was a great weekend.... I got a call on friday from the owner of Bite On Garlic saying that he had finished a sample of the New Bite on Garlic Corn flavor and he wanted me and TaperSteve to try it out. I am GLAD I did! Got to Irvine lake around 10pm Friday night to find out I was about the 15th car in line...All I have to say is that IT WAS COLD!!!! Woke up a few times during the night to kick on the heater. finally the irvine staff open the gates at 5:30 so i went inside to grab some night crawlers and a burrito.

(IT WAS NICE TO HEAR PEOPLE IN THE TACKLE SHOP ASKING THE STAFF IF THEY HAD ANY BITE-ON GARLIC FOR SALE...)

Well when the gates finally open I launched my float tube right by the new overight dock that they have now. Had the usual set-ups. dragging a night crawler with a split shot with Bite On Garlic in the rod holder and jigging a Lip Ripper trout worn on a Owner 1/16th oz leadhead. Landed my 1st fish just about 5 mins being into the water on the jig set-up. Ended up working my way to Woody's Cove. Right when i got to the road area i got slammed on the night crawler with the new Bite On Corn. Ended up being a solid 3 lber. I just had a feeling that it was going to be a good day! Got deep back into Woody's Cove and I saw my night crawler set-up rod start bending. i thought for sure i was stuck. so i grabbed it to get it unstuck and it just started peeling off line and ran straight into the brush. it made 1 quick splash :Shocked: and it was gone! BROKE OFF :Twisted: From what I saw i would say it looked easily over 8 lbs. O well. continued fishing the cove. Ended up with 4 fish by 9:30am, all my fish were around 3-4 pounds. the wind picked up and i was just letting it dift me. Then when I got to the about the middle of Woody's Cove my night crawler set-up gets slammed again. This time it ran towards the road. I had to spin my tube around to get a better shot at it. Fought it for about a good 5-7mins. Then it was net time. Finally netted it!!! I knew it was a $$$ fish plus it was my 5th fish. So i just bit the line off and left it in the net and started kicking to shore to weigh it in. Got to the scales and it went 5.02.

Had to wait a couple hours and at 2pm the last fish was weighed in. Thought I was gonna get in the bottom 10. Ended up getting 4th place. that was good for over $300. NICE!!!! Now I dont have to worry about qualifying for the Masters. I just wanted to qualify early this year.

Thanks for the GREAT tournament Irvine. And Thanks to Bite On Garlic for the GREAT product!!!!! That NEW Corn flavored is gonna kill it!!!!

TaperSteve
11-28-2010, 09:18 AM
I was busy having my Daughter with me yesterday so I never got to see your fish in person. That bow's got a beautiful full tail. Nice catch, congrats on the $$$ finish and qualifying for the Masters. Bite-ON does it again!!!

TS

Daryl
11-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Nice job Aaron. Congrats on the 4th place win.

Rooster
11-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Very well done, Congrats bro.. you deserve it

Frequent Flyer
11-28-2010, 03:26 PM
great job! theres always the 1 that got away. guess i gotta get me that flavor when it comes out CAN'T WAIT!!!

El Capo
11-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Way to go Aaron!

Marley
11-28-2010, 09:03 PM
That was a nice fish, Aaron. Congrats on 4th place AND on your Masters entry!

Thisfool
11-28-2010, 09:10 PM
congrats on the 4th place and what sounds like and easy limit.

do you think that fish could of been a hold over with its nice big tail

Poxy Boggards
11-28-2010, 09:13 PM
Great job Aaron! Wish I had made it into the top 10... Just shy with my 4-8. Can't wait to try that Bite On Corn.

candyman
11-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Great job Killa! securing a spot in the finals! cant ask for much more than that! Congrats

Seņor.Chilax
11-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Congrats big dogg! You make it look soo easy out there.

I'll trade you your rod holders for some of that corn flavor Bite-On. :ROFL:

TaperSteve
11-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Congrats big dogg! You make it look soo easy out there.

I'll trade you your rod holders for some of that corn flavor Bite-On. :ROFL:

Maybe i'll trade you his rod holders for some corn flavored Bite-On. :Secret:

TS :ROFL:

MAVERICK27
11-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Way to represent! Congrats on the fish and finish!!

Wkendwarior
11-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Great Job Killa, I was just headed into Woody's when you just landed the 5#er. I should have offered you a tug over to the docks with all the wind out there. Glad you made it and a nice 4th place finish.

Hope to see you out there again.

Hitts0n
11-29-2010, 07:21 PM
OWNING!! Congrats brotha! Bring the carne out there to bar b que at night real soon.We need to have a super saturday camp out soon!!

troutdog
11-29-2010, 07:34 PM
WTG on the qualifying fish Killa, sorry I wasn't there to see it myself.....congrats once again!

TD