PDA

View Full Version : Palmdale, Ave. S kunk!

radray
11-27-2010, 11:39 PM
After reading all the reports on here and Castaic being slow, me, my brother and Ulua1 decided to try fishing the DUCT. We are DUCT virgins. We read Gary's instructionals and Yolo's and Trailbazer's posts where they give a lot of helpful tips. Armed with those information, we dressed up for the cold and each of us brought two rods to fish the KPN and the fluke with jig heads. We were excited to fish the duct and we all discussed our game plan. We briefed each other on safety and how we are going to proceed.

We got there at about 3PM due to traffic before Ave. S. There were a lot of CHP on the side of the road due to what seems to me a dead body on the side of the freeway. When we finally got there, strong winds welcomed us. The flow was fairly fast. It was carrying the KPNs down current and the 1/2 oz and 3/4 oz jig head with Flukes with ease. We fished it hard for over 4 hours for nothing. We planned to hit Pearblossom next, but it started to rain. We did not want to risk it because it will be slippery and did not want to take a risk. We paid homage to the DUCT with the loss of 2 KPNs and a Strike King Red Eye Shad. It was my brother's first time at the DUCT and the second time for me and Ulua1. This is a new environment for us and we plan to fish it more since I will be commuting to Lancaster more.

Fishing the DUCT is not easy and I even have more respect now for the guys who are successful fishing it. We have a lot of learning to do, but will put our time in to be successful here as well.

It's my first DUCT report and hopefully the next ones will include catching fish in them. From Granada Hills to Lancaster, what gates can we hit in order? I know the successful ones jump to different spots.

Khan, I will be giving you a call soon my friend. I need to replace my lost KPN lures.

xjdesertfox
11-27-2010, 11:57 PM
Exit pearblossom highway, make a right on barrel springs rod, hit up every entrance to the duct along the way to the siphon on cheseboro road. youll find em, i guarantee it.

yolo
11-28-2010, 05:45 AM
xjdesertfox, The only guarantee at the duct is that there are no guarantees.

radray, keep at it and fishing it. The red eye is a great lure in slower water. With present flows though it gets overpowered imo. Stick to the larger 3/4oz and up lipless cranks. The KPN is the better choice to slice through the ripping water that is occurring if you are into throwing the lipless cranks?

xjdesertfox
11-28-2010, 07:30 AM
xjdesertfox, The only guarantee at the duct is that there are no guarantees.

radray, keep at it and fishing it. The red eye is a great lure in slower water. With present flows though it gets overpowered imo. Stick to the larger 3/4oz and up lipless cranks. The KPN is the better choice to slice through the ripping water that is occurring if you are into throwing the lipless cranks?

i havnt been skunked in my last three outings. also take note that i didnt say when he would catch fish just that he would catch fish in the area.

The duct isnt some mystery like everyone makes it out to be, but then again it could be because i fish the duct in a completely different manner from everyone else.

yolo
11-28-2010, 07:40 AM
Oh OK. Kinda like when you posted you limited out in 20 minutes at the duct in another guys thread.

xjdesertfox
11-28-2010, 07:53 AM
is catching 2 fish in 20 minutes really that hard?

yolo
11-28-2010, 08:08 AM
No but the limit is 10 and that's really hard if not impossible at the AV duct.

xjdesertfox
11-28-2010, 08:10 AM
No but the limit is 10 and that's really hard if not impossible at the AV duct.

i am mistaken, i was always under the impression that it was 2. Ive never taken home more than 1 fish at a time anyway, my house is only a 1/4 mile from my favorite spot so theres no point in taking more than i can eat.

yolo
11-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Chatsworth is 1/4 mile from the duct? Your "location" says Chatsworth.

sawoobley
11-28-2010, 09:14 AM
i am mistaken, i was always under the impression that it was 2. Ive never taken home more than 1 fish at a time anyway, my house is only a 1/4 mile from my favorite spot so theres no point in taking more than i can eat.

You can't just come on here and claim that aqueduct fishing is easy and you pull fish out out of their with ease when you haven't posted one single fishing report on your success at the duct. 460 posts and none on the duct?

If there are no posts and no pictures then it did not happen! No offense bro but it just seems like a slap in the face to the duct experts who have established themselves as producing duct fisherman to have you walk up and say how easy it is without posting any fishing reports. Your so lucky to live so close to the duct, why not throw up some reports here and there if its so easy?

:Cool:

wackyrigged
11-28-2010, 09:15 AM
I was near the same area and only caught a filthy rag and some freshwater clams.:Neutral:The KPN was the only thing I used all day luckily even after getting it snagged about a dozen times I managed to leave with the same lure I started with had to spool out my baitcaster a couple times and walk around bends and go on bridges and such to keep it though.Im not gonna give up on the duct though maybe just try down the road next time as desert fox suggest

yolo
11-28-2010, 09:22 AM
Ave S on the downflow side of the bridge to just past the buoys is snag city. I don't know what is down there but if you let anything down to the bottom and work the bottom you are going to eventually snag. Just work mid to upper water there and you will be fine. Moving around is a must. No action in 20 minutes hit the road and go to another spot or start the duct march and walk the shore and cast, cast, cast and walk, walk, walk.

yolo
11-28-2010, 09:27 AM
You can't just come on here and claim that aqueduct fishing is easy and you pull fish out out of their with ease when you haven't posted one single fishing report on your success at the duct. 460 posts and none on the duct?

If there are no posts and no pictures then it did not happen! No offense bro but it just seems like a slap in the face to the duct experts who have established themselves as producing duct fisherman to have you walk up and say how easy it is without posting any fishing reports. Your so lucky to live so close to the duct, why not throw up some reports here and there if its so easy?

Maybe he's the one leaving the traut lines that I come across that I cut up while keeping the tackle. :LOL:

cutbait
11-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Duct fishing is easy? HAHA :Rolls Eyes:

Come on Desertfox. Own up buddy

Wanting to buy a ocean front property in Chatsworth

cutbait
11-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Don't give up Radray!

Keep moving around, find the fish. Trailblaza and I think of it like bass fisherman in boats. They move around the lake from point to cove to point. We are just going from gate, to siphon, to bridge, to overcrossing, to grates.. FIND THEM! Don't get stuck waiting for them to come to you..

Until you get your duct senses going, it may be worth your while and drive up to the Bakersfield area. More fish per angler and a much greater shot at beating the skunk. {like the one I found last night}

All those lures work great, I would add the Kinami lipless also. I caught many stripers on em and is my favorite lipless excluding the heavier KPN which runs deeper in the current and only $3.50

xjdesertfox
11-28-2010, 10:32 AM

the reason i dont post reports, for ANYWHERE i fish is because of the "duct experts" like yourself who think youre better than everyone else and that your secrets are so special.

the last time i asked for some advice on fishing the KPN, i was told to go **** myself. so why in the world would i help the others here. I was taught to fish the duct by some guy in a giant red F-350 who fished it daily next to my house, and without the help of those "duct experts" on FNN, ive learned to fish it myself, using completely different techniques than those who fish using lipless cranks and flukes on jigheads. so i dont plan on helping "duct experts" on this board...ever.

And i dont live close to the duct anymore, i grew up next to the duct, i still own the house and keep all my hunting/snowboarding/off road gear up there.

My apartment is in chatsworth as i go to school out here. My property is in the area of 40th east and barrel springs rd.

wackyrigged
11-28-2010, 10:38 AM
Ave S on the downflow side of the bridge to just past the buoys is snag city. I don't know what is down there but if you let anything down to the bottom and work the bottom you are going to eventually snag. Just work mid to upper water there and you will be fine. Moving around is a must. No action in 20 minutes hit the road and go to another spot or start the duct march and walk the shore and cast, cast, cast and walk, walk, walk.
The last year or so Ave S seems to be everyones favorite fishing spot.It has paid off in the past for me not since the fishing pressure went up though.I did hike all the way under the freeway and such but I think I will just try a diffrent area all together next time hell maybe even this evening.I did think I got a hit once the sun was down and I decided to let it sink to bottom and Yo yo it up and down a few times before retreiving.Thanks for the advice and goodluck on your next time out YOLO from your recent reports you seem to have it down pretty well.

radray
11-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Thank you all for your responses. I will take note of everything said and just keep putting more time in until I run into a productive area and finally land my first duct fish.

Yolo, snag city is where we lost our lures. We got it unsnagged over a dozen times until we finally lost it. We looked at it as a tribute to the DUCT.

We will do a drive by of all the different gates to get ourselves familiarized with them before doing the gate jumping thing. I need to familiarize myself with the gates closest to Palmdale and Lancaster for when I move there.

Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate all the help and tips. Any suggestions on wht gates I should try next?

Raymond

yolo
11-28-2010, 11:28 AM
the reason i dont post reports, for ANYWHERE i fish is because of the "duct experts" like yourself who think youre better than everyone else and that your secrets are so special.

the last time i asked for some advice on fishing the KPN, i was told to go **** myself. so why in the world would i help the others here. I was taught to fish the duct by some guy in a giant red F-350 who fished it daily next to my house, and without the help of those "duct experts" on FNN, ive learned to fish it myself, using completely different techniques than those who fish using lipless cranks and flukes on jigheads. so i dont plan on helping "duct experts" on this board...ever.

And i dont live close to the duct anymore, i grew up next to the duct, i still own the house and keep all my hunting/snowboarding/off road gear up there.

My apartment is in chatsworth as i go to school out here. My property is in the area of 40th east and barrel springs rd.

You learned from a guy that fished it every day but never learned what the limit was???

You grew up next to the duct but in another thread you posted your facebook page and it says you went to Burbank High. Did you learn the duct from him when you were a kid? Your parents let you hang out there alone at that age?

It sucks that whoever you asked as to how to work the kpn told you to f yourself. It's not hard to figure out a lipless crank but this is later on because I thought you learned your ways from the "guy in the red truck"? You sure it wasn't the guy in the red suit? Hohoho.

Your stories just make one wonder. No big deal though.

yolo
11-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Thank you all for your responses. I will take note of everything said and just keep putting more time in until I run into a productive area and finally land my first duct fish.

Yolo, snag city is where we lost our lures. We got it unsnagged over a dozen times until we finally lost it. We looked at it as a tribute to the DUCT.

We will do a drive by of all the different gates to get ourselves familiarized with them before doing the gate jumping thing. I need to familiarize myself with the gates closest to Palmdale and Lancaster for when I move there.

Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate all the help and tips. Any suggestions on wht gates I should try next?

Raymond

That's the way to do it. Go look around and fish. I can give you some advice but it is only for present conditions and it can change. The fish are not at the gates with this present flow. At least during the day when I fish I have not gotten any at gates in a month or more.

xjdesertfox
11-28-2010, 11:51 AM
You learned from a guy that fished it every day but never learned what the limit was???

You grew up next to the duct but in another thread you posted your facebook page and it says you went to Burbank High. Did you learn the duct from him when you were a kid? Your parents let you hang out there alone at that age?

It sucks that whoever you asked as to how to work the kpn told you to f yourself. It's not hard to figure out a lipless crank but this is later on because I thought you learned your ways from the "guy in the red truck"? You sure it wasn't the guy in the red suit? Hohoho.

Your stories just make one wonder. No big deal though.

Since youre so intent on learning about me i'll give you a little lesson.

Was raised in palmdale from 6-16, i enjoyed living out there riding dirtbikes, going mudding in littlerock dam in my truck, fishing the dam in the winter months.

Then i went to burbank high since i wanted to leave the shithole which palmdale became, so we rented out an apartment in burbank so i could go to school with some rich folk.

I was raised as a survivalist, you think some outdoorsman fishing the aquaduct is something to worry me in palmdale? LOL. please, i'd be in more danger walking down any of the residential streets where the gang members of that shithole town hang out.

Have you not comprehended ANYTHING that i've said? RARELY do i use lipless cranks, and i was NEVER taught to use them in the duct, since i never used them as a kid and i never got any help on FNN.

koifish
11-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Radray

You will get them next time. It is very hard to fish at Duct. I fished at Duct 7 times last year and only got 1 bite then lost a fish. Most of the trips was skunk.... This year I only fished 1 time last month and skunk too. I've lost 4-5 lures. I told my self every time when I go fishing there, if I don't lose a lures it consider a little success trip for me. It seemed like when kpn lure hit the bottom (by the ladder) and my lure got stuck there. I try to stay away from it. The last trip I did not lose any lures and maybe next trip I will catch a fish.hahaha....

xjdesertfox
11-28-2010, 12:02 PM
you guys losing so much tackle should try throwing straight braid, its not as if the fish are too line shy. i throw straight 50lbs braid in the duct and have yet to lose a lure. if you get snagged, just pull hard and bend out the hook.

radray
11-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Koifish, with Castaic being slow and the surf too cold to fish without a wader, I thought to myself. I might as well learn to fish the DUCT. I love fishing for stripers as much as I love fishing for LMB. Also, it is something new for me so it is a challenge. I am looking forward to my first DUCT fish and am thankful for everyone here who shares their knowledge with us rookies. Stay safe out there my friends.

yolo
11-28-2010, 12:16 PM

Was raised in palmdale from 6-16, i enjoyed living out there riding dirtbikes, going mudding in littlerock dam in my truck, fishing the dam in the winter months.

Then i went to burbank high since i wanted to leave the shithole which palmdale became, so we rented out an apartment in burbank so i could go to school with some rich folk.

I was raised as a survivalist, you think some outdoorsman fishing the aquaduct is something to worry me in palmdale? LOL. please, i'd be in more danger walking down any of the residential streets where the gang members of that shithole town hang out.

Have you not comprehended ANYTHING that i've said? RARELY do i use lipless cranks, and i was NEVER taught to use them in the duct, since i never used them as a kid and i never got any help on FNN.

Sounds like I figured you out already way before you wanted to help me figure you out with the post above.

xjdesertfox
11-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Sounds like I figured you out already way before you wanted to help me figure you out with the post above.

then you shouldnt need to ask questions.

Kilo818
11-28-2010, 12:30 PM

LMAO wow I need to move there

Kilo818
11-28-2010, 12:40 PM
you guys losing so much tackle should try throwing straight braid, its not as if the fish are too line shy. i throw straight 50lbs braid in the duct and have yet to lose a lure. if you get snagged, just pull hard and bend out the hook.
just to let you know most of the guys do use braid and your starting to get annoying with ur bs stories

Kilo818
11-28-2010, 12:46 PM

you are so full of s*** no matter who you ask on here they will help you maybe so no need for anymore of your lies. working the lipless crank oh im sorry the duct experts told you to go f yourself thats why Gary has a whole thread with full of info how to fish it and where to cast with pics right. Its pointless your full of **** anyone you ask here helps Gary, Yolo, Trailblazer, cb,Kpn, etc so u better go some where else with ur bs

Marine_Michael
11-28-2010, 05:00 PM

Here is your help with lipless crankbaits. http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?29432-Aqueduct-lure-teqnique-how-to

From reading all the rest of your posts why do you even need the help with how to use them? Why try something different if what you do works so well?
is catching 2 fish in 20 minutes really that hard?

I mean you're so skilled that you limit out in 20 min easily. You haven't skunked the last 3 times you’re out.

i havnt been skunked in my last three outings. also take note that i didnt say when he would catch fish just that he would catch fish in the area.

The duct isnt some mystery like everyone makes it out to be, but then again it could be because i fish the duct in a completely different manner from everyone else.

Are you saying that you’re one of the guys that snag perch illegally and use them for bait, since you don’t fish in the same manner as everyone else on here? Because those of us on here use various kinds of bait, chicken liver, anchovies, bloodworms, nightcrawlers, sardines, cut mac and shrimp. We also use just about every kind of lure out there as conditions merit, everything from lipless cranks like the KPN to LC pointers, bucktail jigs, swimbaits, topwater, and crank baits.

If you exhibited the same attitude as you’re showing now when you asked for help it’s no wonder you received the kind of response you did. I’ve seen countless others ask for help, tips or advice on fishing techniques for the duct and almost all of them were given help. If nothing else they were directed to the search feature on the site and told what to search for. The members of this site are generally helpful. If you were one of the guys that signed up, made one or two posts and then demanded information, don’t be so shocked that no-one jumped at the chance to help you. You clearly state that you have no interest in helping others so why should we help you.

Kilo818
11-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Here is your help with lipless crankbaits. http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?29432-Aqueduct-lure-teqnique-how-to

From reading all the rest of your posts why do you even need the help with how to use them? Why try something different if what you do works so well?

I mean you're so skilled that you limit out in 20 min easily. You haven't skunked the last 3 times you’re out.

Are you saying that you’re one of the guys that snag perch illegally and use them for bait, since you don’t fish in the same manner as everyone else on here? Because those of us on here use various kinds of bait, chicken liver, anchovies, bloodworms, nightcrawlers, sardines, cut mac and shrimp. We also use just about every kind of lure out there as conditions merit, everything from lipless cranks like the KPN to LC pointers, bucktail jigs, swimbaits, topwater, and crank baits.

If you exhibited the same attitude as you’re showing now when you asked for help it’s no wonder you received the kind of response you did. I’ve seen countless others ask for help, tips or advice on fishing techniques for the duct and almost all of them were given help. If nothing else they were directed to the search feature on the site and told what to search for. The members of this site are generally helpful. If you were one of the guys that signed up, made one or two posts and then demanded information, don’t be so shocked that no-one jumped at the chance to help you. You clearly state that you have no interest in helping others so why should we help you.
Very Nicely Said!!!

xjdesertfox
11-28-2010, 09:13 PM
just to let you know most of the guys do use braid and your starting to get annoying with ur bs stories

lol. thats funny you say that, because there was a shitstorm of a thread not too long ago when i posted that i use braid in the duct and all of you duct fisherman attacked me for not using 15lbs mono. The Hypocrisy runs rampant on this board.

1) that thread was not in exsistance when i asked for help. Why try something different, did you REALLY just ask that question? I hope that was a joke, and youre really not that stupid.

2) I've never thrown them until recently, why WOULDNT i ask for help with them.

3) I've only ever used artificials in freshwater fishing. And everything you just listed, i dont use unless i get bored. So nice try on that one, sounds like you guys havnt tried everything like you stated. You must be under the impression that only reaction baits work in the duct.

4) I actually came asking for help in a very humble manner, in which you holier than thou duct fisherman acted like jackasses to me because you didnt want to let out your "secrets". Be an ******* to me, and i'll be an ******* to you too! Read this thread, i didnt start this fight, you duct fisherman did.

5) Have you even compared our join dates? Or looked through my posts? I NEVER made a first post asking for help, when i asked for help i had half the post i do now and over a year of being a member. You on the other hand have been a member for 6 months and youve done nothing but talk **** to me in this thread. A thread in which you had no part in in the first place. But because you duct fisherman like to suck each others balls so much you had to come and add to the bashing didnt you? You sure sound like a great, contributing member of this forum to me.

Kilo818
11-28-2010, 09:27 PM
ok look if you read the post it says MOST duct fisherman use a braid so dont come here like ur mr know it all and fyi the duct is fresh water so you should know how to use the lures the guy in the red truck showed you how remember. and im still calling bs that no one here wanted to help you and told u to f urself im sure that happen maybe because ur a D***

xjdesertfox
11-28-2010, 10:13 PM
ok look if you read the post it says MOST duct fisherman use a braid so dont come here like ur mr know it all and fyi the duct is fresh water so you should know how to use the lures the guy in the red truck showed you how remember. and im still calling bs that no one here wanted to help you and told u to f urself im sure that happen maybe because ur a D***

Dear god, i cannot believe this post is serious.

CL SmooV
11-28-2010, 10:23 PM
why did you want to go to burbank high with so called " rich folks " @ desertfox?

Marine_Michael
11-28-2010, 11:24 PM
1) that thread was not in exsistance when i asked for help. Why try something different, did you REALLY just ask that question? I hope that was a joke, and youre really not that stupid.

2) I've never thrown them until recently, why WOULDNT i ask for help with them.

3) I've only ever used artificials in freshwater fishing. And everything you just listed, i dont use unless i get bored. So nice try on that one, sounds like you guys havnt tried everything like you stated. You must be under the impression that only reaction baits work in the duct.

4) I actually came asking for help in a very humble manner, in which you holier than thou duct fisherman acted like jackasses to me because you didnt want to let out your "secrets". Be an ******* to me, and i'll be an ******* to you too! Read this thread, i didnt start this fight, you duct fisherman did.

5) Have you even compared our join dates? Or looked through my posts? I NEVER made a first post asking for help, when i asked for help i had half the post i do now and over a year of being a member. You on the other hand have been a member for 6 months and youve done nothing but talk **** to me in this thread. A thread in which you had no part in in the first place. But because you duct fisherman like to suck each others balls so much you had to come and add to the bashing didnt you? You sure sound like a great, contributing member of this forum to me.

Funny you say that thread wasn't in existence when you asked and yet had you looked before you opened your mouth you'd find that the thread was made on 2-13-2009 a full 4 months before you even joined. So BS it didn't exist. Also read what I wrote again. I asked why do you need to try something new if what you do works so well. You come on here telling everyone how good you are and that you don't skunk and how easy it is for you to catch 2 fish in 20 min. So I ask again, if what you're doing is so productive why would you even want to try something else? Also that's called sarcasm, not a joke.

I didn't list all of the different kinds of lures I and others I fish with use. No we don't just use reaction baits and no I won't list everything we use. Most of us are always trying to expand on the lures and techniques we fish with. Yes I understand that was what you were trying to do when you asked for help with how to fish the KPN's. I've now given you the link on how to fish them, enjoy!

I haven't seen your original post where you asked for advise on how to fish the KPN so I have no idea who told you that or why. Actually I just searched for it and couldn't find the thread. You claim us duct fisherman have a holier than though attitude, re-read those posts of yours I quoted. You comment on how easy it is to catch a striper from the duct and yet post no pictures as proof. That will get you called out every time. Many of us duct fisherman are not so successful and make many trips to the duct without success. It's not lack of skill or lack of trying, sometimes the fish don't feel like biting or they just aren't in the area you're fishing. If you don't find them you can't catch them.

Are you saying my opinion isn't valid because my join date is later than yours? I had an account much earlier than you, but due to a misunderstanding I was banned. I now do most of my posting on another forum and only check this one from time to time. Why did I decide to join in on this thread? Maybe because you were acting like an *** and I felt the need to call you on your BS.

As for my being a contributing member ... do a search of my previous posts and you'll find that I've done what I could in the past to help others about questions on how to fish the duct and what to use. I'm betting it's more than you have.

novel44
11-29-2010, 12:20 AM
Wow, what a cluster F... xjdesertfox are you serious man? you should really think before you post ****. Making stupid *** general comments is only going to make everyone jump at your throat. I moved to AV about a year ago and despite at least once a week at the duct i have yet to show a fish for it. The duct fisherman that do post catches sure DO have my respect and I have yet to talk to one that has come off all high and mighty like you say they do. If anything More than a few have put in the time to discuss what they have success with.
Sucks that you didn't get help but i doubt anyone said "f Off" to you. Maybe the info they gave you was just too general? Maybe you wanted someone to hold your hand? I dont know i'm just saying. I'm not attacking you btw and just jumping in as a bystander. Like I said above it's hard no to when you make generalizations and come off sounding like a dick.
On a side note I'd love to see your mad skillz at the duct maybe you can help me get the skunk off my back, ohh yeah i forgot, someone screwed you a year ago (assuming) so screw everyone else right? Grow up a little is all i will leave you with.....

yolo
11-29-2010, 05:25 AM
Grow up a little is all i will leave you with.....

The kid just graduated high school. He thinks he knows everything. Give him a break he still needs to grow and mature. Didn't we all think we knew it all in our late teen years? :ROFL:

TroutOnly
11-29-2010, 06:40 AM
What's a duct ?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Geraldlim
11-29-2010, 06:52 AM
:ROFL::ROFL:
Good way to lighten the mood.

xjdesertfox
11-29-2010, 07:11 AM
The kid just graduated high school. He thinks he knows everything. Give him a break he still needs to grow and mature. Didn't we all think we knew it all in our late teen years? :ROFL:

yep, i know it all, thats why i was asking for help right?

xjdesertfox
11-29-2010, 07:15 AM
Wow, what a cluster F... xjdesertfox are you serious man? you should really think before you post ****. Making stupid *** general comments is only going to make everyone jump at your throat. I moved to AV about a year ago and despite at least once a week at the duct i have yet to show a fish for it. The duct fisherman that do post catches sure DO have my respect and I have yet to talk to one that has come off all high and mighty like you say they do. If anything More than a few have put in the time to discuss what they have success with.
Sucks that you didn't get help but i doubt anyone said "f Off" to you. Maybe the info they gave you was just too general? Maybe you wanted someone to hold your hand? I dont know i'm just saying. I'm not attacking you btw and just jumping in as a bystander. Like I said above it's hard no to when you make generalizations and come off sounding like a dick.
On a side note I'd love to see your mad skillz at the duct maybe you can help me get the skunk off my back, ohh yeah i forgot, someone screwed you a year ago (assuming) so screw everyone else right? Grow up a little is all i will leave you with.....

never did i say i would screw everyone else, i said i would screw those birds that flock together. Infact this thread has sparked NUMEROUS PMs from people asking me details on my techniques for shing the duct, and i've provided all of the information down to the line, lure and retrieve i use. I just refuse to help those who associate with the one who refused to help me. And yes, i was not given any help at all, it wasnt general help, it wasnt some kind of help, i was given a cold shoulder.

xjdesertfox
11-29-2010, 07:28 AM
why did you want to go to burbank high with so called " rich folks " @ desertfox?

Because my first year at palmdale high school my friend was shot at on campus, one of the security guards was crooked and dealt with gang members, my ex girlfriend was almost raped walking to basketball practice and the police out there are so used to having to deal with crooks and gang members that they only look for the bad in people.

Burbank was exactly the environment i wanted to be in, an extremely SAFE environment in which kids were actually looking to do something with their lives.

Justin-Case
11-29-2010, 08:35 AM
this thread has been both informative and funny :D good work on the guides and thanks to everyone that posts reports on the duct whether they are good bad or funny

Kilo818
11-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Because my first year at palmdale high school my friend was shot at on campus, one of the security guards was crooked and dealt with gang members, my ex girlfriend was almost raped walking to basketball practice and the police out there are so used to having to deal with crooks and gang members that they only look for the bad in people.

Burbank was exactly the environment i wanted to be in, an extremely SAFE environment in which kids were actually looking to do something with their lives.

LMFAO ur friend got shot at so you ran off anyways Burbank is a crooked city dont you watch the news
and like I said no one gave you the cold shoulder you dont even have a post asking for help guys his hard headed leave him alone stop picking on him your gonna make hime move to Bel Air lol

HoLLoW
11-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Interesting thread... I can see what desert is talking about when he said he was being told to F-off when asking a question. I also have been told to F-off multiple times by people on this forum BUT!! non of those people are in this thread nor have i seen them post in a while. Will not discuss who these people are either.

Hate to say it but you are coming off as a complete ******* too fox. If you are as good as you say just start posting up some short threads and pics. No big deal! Then you wont have people getting on your case about **** and youll get a different response. If you were in their shoes you would probably have an argument to your post as well. Think about it.

yolo
11-29-2010, 11:59 AM

It's that 14" diameter tube up in your attic. :LOL:

sumojo
11-29-2010, 12:26 PM
I say lets get out and fish and stop crying

Kilo818
11-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Interesting thread... I can see what desert is talking about when he said he was being told to F-off when asking a question. I also have been told to F-off multiple times by people on this forum BUT!! non of those people are in this thread nor have i seen them post in a while. Will not discuss who these people are either.

Hate to say it but you are coming off as a complete ******* too fox. If you are as good as you say just start posting up some short threads and pics. No big deal! Then you wont have people getting on your case about **** and youll get a different response. If you were in their shoes you would probably have an argument to your post as well. Think about it.

you might wanna go back to page 1 and read everything over before u start trash talking he is a LIER im calling his bullshit. and your probably one of his friends he needed you to hold his hand how cute.

xjdesertfox
11-29-2010, 02:35 PM
LMFAO ur friend got shot at so you ran off anyways Burbank is a crooked city dont you watch the news
and like I said no one gave you the cold shoulder you dont even have a post asking for help guys his hard headed leave him alone stop picking on him your gonna make hime move to Bel Air lol

you might wanna go back to page 1 and read everything over before u start trash talking he is a LIER im calling his bullshit. and your probably one of his friends he needed you to hold his hand how cute.

I dont even need to reply to these posts. First you trash talk me out of nowhere, and now youre trash talking an impartial, new member to the forum. Ive never talked to hollow before, nor do i know who he is.

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Sorry to hear about the skunk but you DID do one of the most important things to do when duct fishing…

GET OUT THERE !....

YOU did just that : )

Time on the water equals fish….simple as that…get out there and try….and then try MORE : )

Bring rain gear next time in stormy weather…be prepared so U won’t have ta leave : )

Get out again……I smell a hookup on the next outing..

Just be mentally prepared for what Stripey is gonna do in that current so when it happens you will be ready…

Get back n’ get ‘em : )

On the other note:

As for the duct being easy…

I can tell you (in my opinion) there’s NOTHING easy about the duct but you already know that….

one must go into it with an open mind and accept the inevitable that skunks are gonna happen but for the same token HOOKUPS are gonna happen as well…

Hopefully the odds will even out soon.. : )

In comment to people telling people to p-off or such, I’ve not seen a whole lot of that overall, in fact I’ve seen more help than hate regarding most of the duct threads…

Of course there is something to note:

A whole lot of work goes into contacting and landing fish in the duct….many hours, many trips and a WHOLE LOT OF GAS MONEY SPENT..

So if someone didn’t give up their personal golden cup of info…it’s a little understandable as most seasoned duct anglers have paid a trial and error period with a bit of pain while it happened..

Some help of course is given when possible……. but there’s allot to be said by time on the water…

Time on the water simply equals fish…

As for getting a limit in minutes…..

an hour….a day…nothing is impossible but I really think consistency is the real question here…and whether or not one can contact fish in any regularity…

It’s NOT a competition in any form whatsoever….it’s just fishing….should be an enjoyable experience with or w/o catching…

OF COURSE we all DO enjoy it more when there’s catching involved…

With that being said let’s get back to fishing…

I might add that the smart angler can read through posts and fill in some gaps where the info is needed…

One who seeks info should take what is there and run with it…be thankful for the info THAT IS given…

Don’t look for the golden cup of info to be handed out left and right so freely…

It’s an earned experience to catch in the duct….a learning experience each time out…

I’ve personally had people expecting me to PM them a list of spots and methods when they were “THINKING” of getting some duct time in….not even anything solid planned…

Sorta just laughing at where this post has ended up….

And just for the record, no one taught me either how to fish the duct, it was trial and error….

BUT in my own defense (not that I am in need of defense) I HAVE personally tried to help here and there where I can w/o undermining my own ability to consistently catch fish there….

I suppose the onlooker who never fishes the duct might think one being too tight lipped but those same individuals might feel different after 20-30 trips and countless hours on the water….

Bottom line….

Take what info is there and do something with it….get out there and FISH !

Let’s not turn this site into the NEW SS where the hatred is the desired affect…

I personally LOVE fishing and will continue to do so…..

Gotta fish….

Gary

HoLLoW
11-30-2010, 05:17 AM
Ya Kilo im holding his hand. Cant you tell im siding with him? You musta sat in same place he did