PDA

View Full Version : corona next saturday

troutguy26
11-27-2010, 10:38 AM
ok so i talked a lot of crap on corona last trout season and i am now going to give it another shot next saturday.. i have only been there one time and got the skunk..i fished the cove were they stock and didnt get any..then rented a row boat and nothing from the other side of the lake.i was using drop shot power worms and threw some jigs, and even threw out some power bait..if anyone has any info on how to get into some fish there i would be happy to take some advice..i will be fishing from shore, wish i had the money for a boat..so any info will help..pm me if u want..thanks a bunch!

TG26

TurtleSlayer
11-27-2010, 11:24 AM
jiggaman is hero at corona lake...maybe you should ask him

Line Crosser
11-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Try split shoting power worms. Also try throwing kastmasters or a Thomas buoyant. If you use power bait use anything garlic or the salmon red.

striperstud
11-27-2010, 02:59 PM
"jiggaman is hero at corona lake...maybe you should ask him"

:UDaMan:

LOL!!!!!

troutguy26
11-27-2010, 05:12 PM
thanks guys

RiversideTrout77
11-27-2010, 08:06 PM
i will be fishing from shore, wish i had the money for a boat..so any info will help..pm me if u want..thanks a bunch!

TG26

Fishing from shore will be fine. I was there 2 weeks ago fishing from shore over by the dam. I was using a chartruse power worm with a split shot and caught 4 fish and the last one was on a red/gold thomas bouyant. Good luck. Oh yeah "jiggaman" has this lake dialed in, eveytime I see his pic he has a limit of nice size fish.
RT77
Miguel

Poxy Boggards
11-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Try split shoting power worms. Also try throwing kastmasters or a Thomas buoyant. If you use power bait use anything garlic or the salmon red.

Good advice here. To the left and right of the stocking tube has been good from shore. There are a ton of quality fish in that lake. Good luck out there!

socal_native
11-27-2010, 10:18 PM
If your going on Saturday or Sunday I'd be there well before 5:30.
Especially important if your fishing from shore.

They've been opening the gates by 5:30 and most of the lined up folks are on the water by 6.

I'd use chartreuse power bait or worms of any type from shore.
From the water you have more choices.

Good luck.

jiggaman
11-29-2010, 06:10 PM
lol turtle slayer, i need some advice on some local ponds i heard the dfg stocked snapping turtles

troutguy26
11-29-2010, 07:07 PM
thanks for the advice guys... hopefully i can still make it, doubt ill have the money :(