PDA

View Full Version : LC Dredge Report

DockRat
11-27-2010, 06:23 AM
Question;

While tossing my new 110 MS at Cherry st LB I noticed within 8 cranks it is in the sand digging. Tried very slow cranking, med, and fast.

Are you SWAT guys catching Butts while doing this sand digging/dredging ?

Switched to a blue Kroc for a 24" - 26" halibut during lunch break.
Went back after work tossing the Kroc for 45 mins for nada.
Came unbuttoned on the wet sand and layed there, 3rd little wave it took off while I was getting the camera phone turned on :Rolls Eyes:
DR

murrieta angler
11-27-2010, 08:16 AM
Hey DR,
Good Morning, My answer is....YUP!!!!
I noticed that if I reel in too slowly that the LC doesn't do what it's supposed to do. So you kinda have to reel at about a medium pace. It also depends on your reel ratio.
When I fish down in Del Mar lagoon, I see the LC rubbing the bottom and it kinda helps to attract the fish...IMO

Nice job with the legal, what day did you head out?
Take It Easy,
Robert
<><

smokehound
11-27-2010, 03:59 PM
I usually just crank it a few times, let it suspend, then continue after a few seconds. That is When i can afford the damn things. :LOL:

I'm more into big hammers..

DockRat
11-28-2010, 05:41 AM
Been hitting the Junipero end of the beach lot.

Went friday twice noonish and 4 pm, also saturday 4 pm for a hour. Yesterday tried the LC after 45 min on the Kroc when the tide was going low.

Tried the super slow retrieve to keep it out of the mud.

Deeper water ? Longer Rod, tip up ?
Hey Arthur, Bones, do you guys usually get hit when the shovel is digging or before when suspending/diving ?

They have been dredging under the Queensway Bridge with a backhoe on a barge.
Water has been stirred up in the area.
Thanks, DR

bsp
11-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Hey DR,

I'm not Wingnut or Bones, but can at least offer my insight. I am not a fan of letting the LC wiggle on the sand most of the time. If you rip the bait and it digs down that's fine, but most of the time I'll raise my rod tip to get it to slow wobble right above the sand. Reel just slow enough to for the bait to have action, and wait for the strike. You can speed it up if you want to search an area quicker too, but just hit all the structure spots thoroughly.

Marc

Wingnut
11-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Switched to a blue Kroc for a 24" - 26" halibut during lunch break.

High sticking the rod works for me.
But why bother with the LC when you have that kind of success with the Kroc...? lol
Buy three 5/8 Krocs for the price of one LC. :Wink:

lovefofish
11-29-2010, 03:25 PM
High sticking the rod works for me.
But why bother with the LC when you have that kind of success with the Kroc...? lol
Buy three 5/8 Krocs for the price of one LC. :Wink:

I think he wants to be kool

murrieta angler
11-29-2010, 05:35 PM
I think he wants to be kool

You crack me up Drew!

exfactor
11-29-2010, 05:47 PM
you asked........he told you. sorry you didn't like the answer.

DockRat
11-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Actually I prefer tossing Krocs and Kastmasters but after seeing a nice Bonito caught on a LC by FB at KH and Arthurs WSB I thought I'd try them. I've seen WSB in LB several times and want to be ready. Went through a swimbait phase and suffered sand bass burnout.

Tried KH at JCS on T day 2 hours for no bites. LC works good on the jetty.
DR

.:LOLLY:.
12-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Lately all I've been catching is bonito, halibut, and those dreaded lizard fish. Im actually starting to miss the bass lol.
Allthough, the bonito tend to make me forget about the bass.