PDA

View Full Version : LNL 10/26/10 Cold AM!

NY4Reels!
11-26-2010, 03:02 PM
It was s good day at LNL

Got there about 5:30 AM, looked at the out side temp gage, and it said 32 degrees!!! I thought I had to be nuts to be out fishing this early when it’s this cold!

Not too long after, Tom and his son in law Eddie show up and then Gus and Fernie.

I was about 20th in line when the cars started entering the lake.

Tom, Eddie, and I rented a boat and bought some crawlers, as well as Gus and Fernie.

We set up and fished the area to the left of the consession stand for about 30 minutes before moving down to the other end of the lake.

Tom caught two. One was on the jig and one on an inflated crawler dipped in Berkley Trout Dip.

Eddie caught one on an inflated crawler dipped in Berkley Trout Dip

I caught two and had one bite through my 4# Maxima Ultra Green. One was caught on an inflated crawler dipped in Bite On Garlic, and the other was caught on the jig

“O” was fishing next to us and he limited out by 9:30AM. He caught one fish that looked close to 4#’s from our distance. He laid it on his float tube after a long fight. He thought that the fish was all tired out, but the fish still had a little kick left in it, and flopped off his tube back into the lake.

Gus and Fernie joined us for a while before moving on. Farmer Gus left his bad mojo at home today and caught a fish after I lent him a worm blower.

We moved back toward the middle where Tom finished off his limit. Again he caught his fish on the same combos stated earlier.

Eddie almost had himself a double hookup. One was caught on Salmon Peach Power Bait and the other on an inflated crawler dipped in Trout dip.

I caught two more, both on an inflated crawler dipped in Anise syrup.

We bumped into Doug the Pickle after dropping off our boat. He was chatting with the Lip Ripper Pro staff guys. They seem to be a real nice group of fellows. They tossed us some yellow/white Lip Rippers and fed us some hotdogs! Very cool! Thank you!

The lake is still a bit murky, but you could see some of the Improvements that Rick has made. All the fish that we caught except one were all between 1.5 to 2.25#’s and fought nicely. All in all it was a very good day at LNL!

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w28/Glenncasale/LNL112510.jpg

BigBass777
11-26-2010, 04:26 PM
This place was expected to be good fishing. It will probably remain that way all season. You caught fish but freezing your *** off was worth it huh?

candyman
11-26-2010, 04:53 PM
32 degrees is pretty cold, but you gotta do what you gotta do to support the lifestyle. I cant wait until I get the chance to fish LNL! I hope things just keep getting better at that lake. Great report

Troutman65
11-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Nice going on the trout . Thanks for posting up

Lip Ripperz
11-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Your welcome for the Lip Ripperz and hot dogs!! It was a pleasure meeting you guys...

st3wie
11-27-2010, 11:05 PM
I think I saw you guys out there. Were you guys chillin in the flats for a while by the launch ramp in a boat? I was fishing in the gap between the trees to the right of the ramp

NY4Reels!
11-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the nice comments guys! Gus wanted to dip his crawlers in Tapitio!...

Your welcome for the Lip Ripperz and hot dogs!! It was a pleasure meeting you guys...

Sorry we didn't stay to long after fishng...(Eddie had some honey do's). I wanted to ask you what is the best way to fish Lip Ripperz?? Do they float? Should we sent them? Should we be using our longer rods? Tom and I want to use them next time out

BTW the spicy saugage? was very good!

I think I saw you guys out there. Were you guys chillin in the flats for a while by the launch ramp in a boat? I was fishing in the gap between the trees to the right of the ramp
That must have been us. I think is was you and your friend who put a few chunky trout on the shore! Did you pull off a double limit?