PDA

View Full Version : santa fe dam 11/23

CRESTLINER16
11-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Went to the lake hoping the DFG stocked it. got there around 2:30pm and the water was cloudy.
i tried to see if there were any signs of fish before i started fishing and walked around the water's edge from the swim beach back toward the concrete and rocks area. didn't really see anything till close to 3:30 then the insect started hatching and a fish revealed its position with a rise maybe 2ft from the shoreline. All i brought was an ultralight rod with one black 1/32oz mini jig tied on. I threw the jig towards the area and slowly twitched it back. after a few casts, i felt a bite and it was game on. nice little stocker about 10" with barely any fins. landed then released it and walked the shore line doing the same thing. found a second spot and hooked and landed two nicer models giving my ultralight a nice bend. the second and third fish was about 12". all on the minijig. just slowly twitched back with a pause once in a while. all in all a pretty lucky couple of hours.

anyone know if they stocked this week? the fish I caught didn't seem like it just entered the lake in the last couple of days. good luck out there and happy turkey day.

lovefofish
11-25-2010, 11:50 PM
way to get on the UL

JimmisLine
11-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Nice report. Thanks. Hope you had good Thanksgiving.