PDA

View Full Version : Irvine.......11/24

King Halibut
11-25-2010, 10:06 AM
Had the day off so I figured I would head down to Irvine for the first time this season and well lets just say it was all I expected.
Didn't see a fish caught from shore all day.
Due to the rain the night before, the road over to the other side of the lake was closed so unless you felt like making the LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG walk over you were stuck fishing by the boat docks.
Tried every bait I had and some I didn't!
Not a fish all day, most fishermen I spoke with were pretty disappointed.
I did see a few, very few come off a couple boats but it looked pretty slow all the way around.
Oh well, I didn't set my expectations real high so I wasn't real upset at not catching anything.
Hope I'm able to write something more positive next time.

KH

Thisfool
11-25-2010, 11:42 AM
sorry to hear about the slow day. the murky water will really turn the fish off the bite sometimes. if we can get a few days with no rain the lake will be on fire once the water clears up. you will get them next time

hooks
11-25-2010, 12:44 PM
The fish have been up close to shore (within 50 feet). Many areas along the shore have quick drop offs (to 40 feet !).
Don't stay in one spot to long if you're not catching. Even if it means moving to a less promising looking spot. If you don't know the lake that well, many areas you don't think would hold fish , do!
:Beer Toast:

BRING IT
11-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Rain one day, wind the next, then rain, then wind. = not good fishing everywhere.

lovefofish
11-25-2010, 11:36 PM
hey atleast you got out:Big Grin: