PDA

View Full Version : AV Duct Daytime Slay

yolo
11-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Hit the duct this morning close to home for a little striper mafia outing before the Holiday. thebigsteeler has not been out in awhile and late last night we decided to go and slay in the morning since he was available to finally fish. It was ferno, thebigsteeler and I looking for those elusive duct stripers. i was called upon to put my striper senses to work and decide the spot. I felt good going to the first spot and sure enough thebigsteeler hooks up but as he works it it comes off. It was a freezing morning but we carried on. Working it and then I get a double thump but miss it. I'm looking for it again and get a thump and miss it. Keep working it and bam thump and hook up. It is a good one as we see it come up and flash in the crystal clear duct water. Water is still ripping and it is putting on a good fight. Battle, battle, battle. Drag peeling run and more drag peeling run. Getting it close but it doesn't want to come in. It is swimming in plain view but not turning. Keep working it and get it to the edge. Gets gripped and landed. It is a healthy 33" and one of with the head that looks like it ran into a wall. Had the head been normal it would have been 2 inches longer, lol? Take a quick pic and send it back to the duct and it swims right off.

Thebigsteeler is now casting and hooks up. Yeah buddy it's been awhile since you were able to fish and it was good to see you hooked up and working it. They are battling and he lands his fish. We take a quick pic of the thick, healthy fish and let it go. While I was taking the pic, ferno hooks up but it gets off. We keep working it and then I get hooked up again. More battling ensues and it's a fiesty sucker. Land this one too and take a quick pic and back it goes into the water. Ferno gets bit again but short biter. I get one more bite and hook up and land another one. Quick pic and released too. We work it for a while longer but no more biters.

We head to the next spot and ferno is hooked up again but the line is twisted around his tip. The fish is tugging and tugging but the tip is still wrapped with line. It comes off. :Sad: I get bit and hooked up and it's another good one. More battling and it too gets landed. Pic taken and released. We are working the spot some more and after a few minutes I get bit again and hook it and see it rise and flash off in the distance. It is the smallest of the day at 24" but it is the fattest. The thing had some major belly protrusion like he was stuffed with some good sized fish. Quick pic taken and this too was released.

Thebigsteeler had to leave and ferno and I hit a couple of other spots but nothing at any of them.

All fish caught on soft jerkbaits. They did not want the tickler, swimbaits, KPN's or spoons today. Great to be able to get out with my striper mafia brothers. It was a blast guys. Glad we were all able to get together. You'll get em next time ferno. Would have been better if all of us had a fish on deck.

My 1st
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%2011-24-10/Duct11-24-10_1.jpg

My 2nd
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%2011-24-10/Duct11-24-10_2.jpg

My 3rd
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%2011-24-10/Duct11-24-10_3.jpg

My 4th
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%2011-24-10/Duct11-24-10_4.jpg

My 5th
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%2011-24-10/Duct11-24-10_5.jpg

thebigsteeler's
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%2011-24-10/Duct11-24-10_Wes.jpg

Double A
11-24-2010, 04:24 PM
way to get on em yolo... once again.

i wanted to fish this morning too but had to work up in frazier park. it was freaking freeeeeeeeeeeezing.

awesome job on those frozen stripey's.

trail blazer
11-24-2010, 05:26 PM
The AV CREW is a SLAYNNNNNNNN

WTG to our southern STRIPER KILLERS!

TRAIL BLAZER

yolo
11-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Double A, yeah it was freezing in the AV too. Supposed to be even colder tonight and tomorrow.

Thanks TB. It's not often that 6 fish are caught in the Palmdale section in an hour and a half with most being high 20's to low 30's in length. At least we can get them again. All fish swam off quickly on their own without having to revive. We gotta leave some for Khanh and Hai too :Wink: All I have to say is that it's way funner to catch in the daytime when you can see them come up and flash and twirl and swirl in that crystal clear duct water this time of year. That and I get my beauty rest and some of the best vitamin D that can be had from the sun, which is important during cold and flu season. I'll let the pale vampires get sick :LOL:

trail blazer
11-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Double A, yeah it was freezing in the AV too. Supposed to be even colder tonight and tomorrow.

Thanks TB. It's not often that 6 fish are caught in the Palmdale section in an hour and a half with most being high 20's to low 30's in length. At least we can get them again. All fish swam off quickly on their own without having to revive. We gotta leave some for Khanh and Hai too :Wink: All I have to say is that it's way funner to catch in the daytime when you can see them come up and flash and twirl and swirl in that crystal clear duct water this time of year. That and I get my beauty rest and some of the best vitamin D that can be had from the sun, which is important during cold and flu season. I'll let the pale vampires get sick :LOL:

PALE VAMPIRES,,LOL no doubt abought that,,,,,,,,,, ACTUALLY,Going to do a little vampireing tonight most likely,,,STRIPA SLAYINNN!!

OOOOOO And the daytime soft jerk baits,,,,,,,,,,,THEY RULE THE DAYLIGHT IF YOU ASK ME,,,,,,,,,

AGAIN,,,FANTASTIC JOB

TRAIL BLAZER

yolo
11-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Good luck tonight.

Here's a better view of the funky headed ones noggin. Sure had a big mouth. This is type is a first. I have caught one similar to this, the one with the round head but elongated mouth and huge underbite but this one was very unique.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%2011-24-10/Funkyheadstriper.jpg

trail blazer
11-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Still cant load pic

yolo
11-24-2010, 07:03 PM
I give up. Maybe a mod can fix it? How come when you edit it just hangs and doesn't actually edit your post? This is a question for a mod. I have noticed before too trying to edit my post. I get the edit screen and can edit but when I click save it just hangs there forever. Only happens on this site for me. If there is a solution let me know?

yolo
11-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Here it is uploaded from my pc instead of photobucket link.

trail blazer
11-24-2010, 07:21 PM
When i edit now ,,,after editing hit GO ADVANCED then finish

yolo
11-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks TB. That way of doing it worked. It's weird that it works that way but it is what it is.

trail blazer
11-24-2010, 08:04 PM
LOL,,,,,,,,Nice job keeping the ,,,,,,,,STUFF,,,, out of the background,,:Secret:

TRAIL BLAZER

yolo
11-24-2010, 08:37 PM
That "STUFF" is snow it was so cold, lol.

It's no secret spot. Actually I have been dry in that stretch for some time. It comes and goes like any spot. As you and any other serious duct junkies know, there one hour and gone the next hour, day, week and even month from the same spot.

fishinone
11-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Wow! Unbelievable.

No wonder you're not going to bait n wait for dinks.

yolo
11-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Wow! Unbelievable.

No wonder you're not going to bait n wait for dinks.

That's classic Ron!

tpfishnfool
11-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Nice Ana Verde Jailbirds !!

HaiTheMeister
11-25-2010, 01:32 PM
good god...! that's awesome!
wtg Yolo!

FarmerJohn
11-25-2010, 02:17 PM
You Da Man Yolo,
It doesn't matter day, night, gates, syphons, rough water, flat water, cold or hot you produce more striper at the AV Duct than anyone else on the site, there for you are the man. And what's with the one? It looks to be part dolphin or something! Anyway sorry to here you won't beable to join Ron and me at Castaic tomorrow but I'll be seeing you out at the AV Duct.
Well I have to go join family and friends and have some bird. See Ya!
Remember it's all for fun! FarmerJohn??

yolo
11-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks Hai.

John, you left out open water, lol. That's the secret of my success. Wasn't that a movie? You would know, haha.

yolo
11-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Nice Ana Verde Jailbirds !!

Aren't they? Now go catch 'em cause they were set free.

Geraldlim
11-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Nice job Yolo! Soft plastics?
I have the same problem editing my posts - hangs there forever when I hit save.
The secret of your success - I like that. Keep moving and throwing.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Gerald

lovefofish
11-26-2010, 12:05 AM
wow nice fish!

yolo
11-26-2010, 04:56 AM
Gerald, yes soft plastics. The procedure TB posted works for editing your post. It's a roundabout way to do it but it works. Maybe the mods can look into it and fix it though?

M@M
11-26-2010, 11:26 AM
WHAT!!! Just saw your report. 6 in 1 1/2 hrs!! An amazing day,WTG

yolo
11-26-2010, 12:10 PM
M@M, then the other 3 hours after that not a darn thing.

horgaszapacban
11-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Come on, yolo, isn't it boring to catch so many fishes:-) ???
congrats...

yolo
11-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Come on, yolo, isn't it boring to catch so many fishes:-) ???
congrats...

Yeah but it's too cold to jetski now so I have to do something with my time. :Beer Toast: