PDA

View Full Version : 11/23 Tha Viiiiiiine

MRB1185
11-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Man I love this place. I have been doing ok lately, not bad but not extremely awesome. I got 2 4lb'ers today, just got done frying and eating em up. It was cooooooooooooooold as hellllllllllllll man, and I have no gloves!

Well I was there for the 6am line up, got on my boat, caught 2 fish real fast then it slowed down (this ALWAYS happens to me...2 fish then slow till a couple hours before closing). I got the two decent sized ones and a lil guy. 2 short of limit, im not complaining...

About 30 min before we had to be at the dock I got a hit and set the hook and lost it mid retrieve. So I circled around to try and get something again and the boat went crazy! Throttle stuck, choke broken! Had to pinch the line to kill it. We got towed back haha...didnt want to go full bore into the dock :D

When I was at the dock unloading there was a group there with a stringer that had to top 50lbs. They had a moooooooooonster on there , probably around 12lbs. I dont think they brought it to the shop and I dont think they are on here or they would have posted that up for sure... Said they got everything on chart PB.

Keep em tight guys, this season has had a great start.

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l631/mrbfish/thevine/316f37e7.jpg

Hitts0n
11-23-2010, 09:02 PM
Congrats d00d ! Hopefully we will all fish as a team and go out and slay um !!

FishBalls
11-24-2010, 12:11 AM
Nice catch

troutdog
11-24-2010, 12:32 AM
Nice looking rainbow MRB, great start to the trout season indeed!

TD

Spaulding
11-24-2010, 08:06 AM
nice fish man.

MRB1185
11-24-2010, 08:14 AM
thanks guys

hooks
11-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Nice fish. I've found that a majority of fish seem to be holding uptight to shore. I've metered thousands of fish within 50 ft. of shore (not so much in deeper water).
Got to mention your stringer. I used to use one just like it. One day at the Vine, I had it in the water, with 3 nice trout on it. I pulled the stringer up to move and found it empty. The clips were all stilled locked but all the fish were gone (used a basket since then).
Strange but true. :Confused:
tight lines...

TaperSteve
11-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Thanx for posting!

TS

MRB1185
11-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Nice fish. I've found that a majority of fish seem to be holding uptight to shore. I've metered thousands of fish within 50 ft. of shore (not so much in deeper water).
Got to mention your stringer. I used to use one just like it. One day at the Vine, I had it in the water, with 3 nice trout on it. I pulled the stringer up to move and found it empty. The clips were all stilled locked but all the fish were gone (used a basket since then).
Strange but true. :Confused:
tight lines...

Funny you say that! They proved to be great for the shore. But got reaaaaaally weak when I started to boat. Halfway through the day I started to use my buddies metal stringers in fear of losing the fish! And I had finally gotten around to buying a basket last weekend and wouldnt you know....I forgot it!

I also troll near the shoreline, on the east side. I havent hooked up on the west shore yet.