PDA

View Full Version : Lake Fulmore SenkoTrout (my first trout in like, 10 years)

tree
11-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Sublime-Steve and I went fishing at Lake Fulmore one foggy/cloudy afternoon. We got there and tried for some bass, but the water temperature was WAYYYYY down. Adapting to the situation (not really), I go ahead and drop my wacky senko beneath the dock and start to jiggle it.

2 pops later, I get a nice sized trout. Woohoo right? The best part is that I'm using green 50 lbs braided line, no leader, and a huge 1/0 offset worm hook as my wacky hook. I was STOKED! I've got to be the luckiest mofo ever.

He was a beautiful holdover and something had bitten him in the fin before. Amazing coloration, not dark and grey, not too light colored.

He bled, and so we kept him and brought him home where steve ate him.

Sublime-Steve
11-22-2010, 11:22 PM
*burp* it was good 2... lemon garlic soy sauce combo in the oven n it was all over with

ryanr0cks
11-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Haha sounds like the trout came to a tasty demise, congrats on the catch, really nice color on that fish

P.A.W.
11-24-2010, 04:58 AM
Yup, the biggest trout I ever pulled out of skinner was on a 6" dropshotted plastic eel on 12# test. Did you guys pull anything else out of Fulmore?

TurtleSlayer
11-24-2010, 05:44 PM
you dont say....the water temp was down huh??never would figured that:Rolls Eyes:.maybe you should have tried drop shot..

and also thats not a holdover.but nice catch..:LOL:.