PDA

View Full Version : 11/21 A "little rainstorm doesnt hurt..." - Trout Limits with Bob, Day and Rick-

kewlwhip
11-22-2010, 06:54 AM
Rained hard off and on all day prior- still decided to fish throughout all this, since my friends were all game to catch through the rainstorm. I called the day before and asked the guys if they had sufficient raingear for the day- they chuckled and said- a little rain doesnt hurt-

I got to the Vine at 6am to meet the guys as they were loading their boat- We waited until Rick came up- looked like he was ready, but I had to fix his gear a bit to utilize the trout/troll ect. After setting up at the docks, we were all off-
the day looked super nice, a few other boats/fishermen this day. The rain started coming down hard, right when that started, i told the boys what lures/colors/combinations I'd recommend for them, and i also tied up my Daiwa Spinmatic up for some light tackle troll/fun...and it was on!

First trout was on within the halfhour, and it was Day- He got one, and Bob quickly netted it- solid 3lb Rainbow- By now it was 7 and the rains were coming and going...the wind wasn't that bad at all. If you had raingear and layers, you'd be ok out in the rough...as this didnt seem to throw off the guys, i started dialing us in more on the troll...we were able to nab a few more before lunchbreak (8) by lunch the guys were still amped- The trolling was a little slower due to the storm, but we were still nailing them left and right.

After lunch, we headed back out...i took some of my gear out and decided to mainly focus for the 'boys' to try and get them full limits- We headed back out and Bob gets nailed on his Fathers Old School rod- lands another nice 3lb rainbow!- As we were doing the runs, Rick showed me some of his tackle and i picked out a sick lure that was really good for me in the Sierras...No longer than 15mins, Ricks rodtip bends to the side of the Pontoon! HOOOKUP- he was all smiles, and grinning ear to ear..something that ya dont see to often lol jk- It was his FIRST trolling Trout/fish, AND it wasnt his last! HAHAHa... Rick started having the hot stick as he was able to land 2 more-

We ended the day with 17 between 4 and lost a few along the way with "hits and misses" Not bad for one of the first winter/rain storms at the Vine! My cel phone got wet, so i was only able to take a few photos- I'll see if i can get a few more shots from them later.

Lures Today
Rapalas: tested alot today in the rain- "clackin and countdown Rapalas"
Daiwa-SC Shiners
Luhr Jensen - Needlefish
17 trout 2.5-4lbs

Bob with one of the Vine Rainbows we landed
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/kewlwhip_/bobsrainbow1.jpg

another nice Rainbow in the Rain (rick in background eagerly making a face to show he's ready to catch.. lol)
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/kewlwhip_/bobsrainbow.jpg

by lunch Rick had his first few Rainbows during 'kewly's trolling class session 101!
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/kewlwhip_/ricksfirsttrollingtrout.jpg

also ran into these guys... lol maverick and Rooster
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/kewlwhip_/mav_rooster.jpg

Til Nextime-

FISH ON!
kewly

kewlwhip
11-22-2010, 07:26 AM
more photos from the guys...

ice chest shot..."holdover green"
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/kewlwhip_/holdovercolors.jpg

Daylon with his trout...
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/kewlwhip_/daylons_rainbow.jpg

El Capo
11-22-2010, 07:27 AM
That is the shiznit Kewly! I hear Saluki had a good day out there too, fish are biting.

Rooster
11-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Nice report there Kewly, was great seeing ya out there... Cant wait to fish the tourney this weekend

TaperSteve
11-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Way to go Kewwwwwwwwwlay!

Atta boy!

TS

MAVERICK27
11-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Sweet Kewly!!! I love the scent you use (Pacifico). Must have been the game changer :)

Thanks for the pic. Shows everyone what fishing in the pouring rain looks like with no top on the boat LOL

candyman
11-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Great report Kewly! So there were more brave souls that came out the next day.

Seņor.Chilax
11-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Way to kill dude! So when are you gonna start advertising for Kewly's Guide Service? I would pay a couple bucks for that. HAHAHA!

kewlwhip
11-22-2010, 06:25 PM
That is the shiznit Kewly! I hear Saluki had a good day out there too, fish are biting. Get out there Capo!

Nice report there Kewly, was great seeing ya out there... Cant wait to fish the tourney this weekend Likewise-! Good luck this weekend Rooster!

Way to go Kewwwwwwwwwlay!

Atta boy!

TS Thanks TS- had to share the hot bite at the Vine!

Sweet Kewly!!! I love the scent you use (Pacifico). Must have been the game changer :)

Thanks for the pic. Shows everyone what fishing in the pouring rain looks like with no top on the boat LOL
Pacifico's are the new scent...above water lol Yup, had to show you guys slay'd in the rain the day before :Wink:

Great report Kewly! So there were more brave souls that came out the next day. thanks candyman- not as many the next day, but still enough that showed their willing to fish the Vine during the rain

Way to kill dude! So when are you gonna start advertising for Kewly's Guide Service? I would pay a couple bucks for that. HAHAHA!Thanks Seņor.Chilax!

ps, did have a line ripper that broke off a new lure I got from Fishermans Hardware/Long Beach- ask for Jake

Fishthewhaler
11-22-2010, 10:32 PM
you made me cold just lookin at those pics, you guys are some die hards!! way to slay. I wanted to go so bad sun but the "whaler trailer" needs a new axle. waiting for Heacock trailer in glendale to get be back on the water...Irvine is my first stop after recovering from striper fever. Peace

CRESTLINER16
11-23-2010, 12:24 AM
thanks for a very entertaining report Kewly!

byron

Hitts0n
11-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Kewlys guide services...i want in on that also chillax !

FishBalls
11-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Nice catch - gotta hit up the vine soon.

troutdog
11-24-2010, 12:23 AM
And the beat goes on regardless of the lake...wtg Kewlio!

TD

kewlwhip
11-24-2010, 08:08 PM
you made me cold just lookin at those pics, you guys are some die hards!! way to slay. I wanted to go so bad sun but the "whaler trailer" needs a new axle. waiting for Heacock trailer in glendale to get be back on the water...Irvine is my first stop after recovering from striper fever. Peace it was definately cold, but if you've ever fished in the Sierras or other lakes like it, The Vine does it Fine' in the cold/wet...and Bob, Day, and Rick were game... The Trout should be ready by the time you go back!...mmmmm Stripers, Nice~

thanks for a very entertaining report Kewly!

byron Nice Crestliner/avatar-thanks for reading that day of fishing C16/Byron

Kewlys guide services...i want in on that also chillax ! :Wink: in Gods time-

Nice catch - gotta hit up the vine soon.The Vines Trout are on the suuuper bite when you find the "schools"!

And the beat goes on regardless of the lake...wtg Kewlio!

TD TD, thanks for following my reads here in Cali! :Cool:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE-

genesis 1:28

-kfgs-