PDA

View Full Version : Does fishing die down at Corona as days goes by after stocking?

Ultralight
11-20-2010, 09:29 PM
not sure if I remember correctly but do they stock on Thursday for Corona? If so, is the fishing best on Friday and drop steadily through the week until the next stock?

Thanks,
UL

calico killer kevin
11-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Theoretically. I can't see how it doesn't. Hoping this weather has kept away enough anglers so that I can have a better chance on Monday.

BigBass777
11-20-2010, 10:38 PM
I went to Corona earlier this year on a Sunday with 3 other people. We had a tough time and altogether we spent $155.00 for everything. We got a boat rental and went all over the place for 3 very small trout. The lake was doing very well and on fire for limits of trout that week and the week prior. My brother has been to Corona lake 3 times on a Sunday and has caught 2 trout. Luck of the draw you could say.

Most lakes will and do kick out a lot of fish after a stocking as I've witnessed in the past. It appears that Corona stocks on Thursday as it was the case when we went. The weather was really nice so the lake had more anglers coming in to fish. With the current weather it might hold anglers back. Rain isn't a trout fisherman's friend as the lake water can turn muddy. The shoreline is muddy and can become very slippery.

jiggaman
11-21-2010, 12:13 AM
its just as good during the week

Marley
11-21-2010, 08:29 AM
There will likely be a lot of fish caught on Friday and Saturday following a Thursday plant. There will also be a lot of people out chasing the plant, and most of those won't have more than a clue as to how to be successful. That's not arrogant or disrespectful; it's the truth. And because they won't be doing the right things, they will be scaring the bejabbers out of the fish.
But the fish will bite if you are doing the right things, like using light line (there is a reason that people who are consistently successful at these lakes say to use 2-lb, or at least nothing heavier than 4-lb.) Taking time to look around and choosing the right spot to fish and then presenting your bait in the proper manner are equally as important.
I used to fish only Mondays and seldom had much trouble catching limits and big fish. It just made me better at catching these fish.