PDA

View Full Version : spring valle lake

kingfish2
11-19-2010, 09:04 PM
i just found out that i have a connection and a way to fish at spring valley lake in victorville. i have no clue if its any good or anything about the lake. any tips would be nice what kinda fish do they stock trout this time of year or what should i be going for. thanks guys

troutguy26
11-20-2010, 03:45 PM
i just found out that i have a connection and a way to fish at spring valley lake in victorville. i have no clue if its any good or anything about the lake. any tips would be nice what kinda fish do they stock trout this time of year or what should i be going for. thanks guys

yea they have trout in there...cats as well...decent size fish from what i hear..only fished it one time

Nessie Hunter
11-21-2010, 07:05 AM
Used to be excellent lake.
Past few yrs it has had a silt problem (got very shallow). Algae booms etc and fishing suffered..
They are trying to clean it up (from what I hear) Used to have some great bass & Decent trout & pan fish.
Last I heard (few weeks ago) they are trying to pen raise their own trout, but the floating pen got Poached out???
Poaching has been a problem there also..

At this point I honestly cant tell you much, Hope for the best and deal with whatever bite is there..