PDA

View Full Version : Bako Duct

Kilo818
11-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Got to the duct @ 2:00 pm loaded with my KPN fish it for about an hour and notin so I go to my next spot fish it for about a half hour notin so I decided to wait it out cuz I never go there that early so I strat driving around exploring the place and we will leave it at that. now the time I 5:30 and I start working it hard first cast as soon as it hits the water im get hit set the hook half way across the duct it spits the kpn so i cast back to the same spot hit again so I hook it hard this time and the fish and my kpn are out of the water lol its a Micro spits the hook in the air. Make along story short almost every other cast hit I caught about 15 micros all released so they can grow to give me a fight later. The funny thing is whet the micros hit they hit hard you think you got about a 5 pounder. This same thing Happen last week I was getting hit and half way in loosing them so today I payed attention the micros cant open their mouths to big so whats happening is they are only getting hooked by a single hook so thats why if you dont bring them in fast they spit it. Im glad that the micros are here means things are going good. Oh and when I got there 4 guys were there I realized they had a huge net in the water so I say what are you doing you cant throw in a cast net so they get pissed off bring the net in and sit in their car and one of them says I better watch my back lol I said im here Im not going no where.

Thanks Gary

novel44
11-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the report. I've pulled and cut hooks off many lines tied to the ladders, nails and anything else stable enough to hold a line here at av but a casting net is a new one. Way to stand your ground and say something about it. Many people just ignore activities like that because they don't want the confrontation.

Kilo818
11-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the report. I've pulled and cut hooks off many lines tied to the ladders, nails and anything else stable enough to hold a line here at av but a casting net is a new one. Way to stand your ground and say something about it. Many people just ignore activities like that because they don't want the confrontation.
no that bothered me I cast out hundreds of times to hook up and these guys have a net thats a no no in my book

wackyrigged
11-20-2010, 04:41 AM
Bako duct has a lot more volume of stripers than palmdale?I need to take a trip out that way oh and get some KPN for myself.Good job on those damn poachers.