PDA

View Full Version : DFG’s new automated license

stg68
11-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Found this news ...............

http://www.outdoornewsservice.com/odpkg/news/current.html

All hunting and fishing licenses will be available for sale only through the Department of Fish and Game’s new automated license data system starting January 1, 2011. You can purchase fishing licenses on-line now through this system, and license vendors throughout the state be switching to the new system exclusively for next year.
You won’t have to fill out a new paper license each year or buy and paste on a handful of stamps. You’ll be able to swipe your driver’s license at a vendor and it will spit out a paper hunting or fishing license for you to use with all the stamps included. For bigger vendors, it will speed the sales process and ease bookkeeping chores.
But a .................

Thisfool
11-19-2010, 04:39 PM
sounds like a good idea.

smokehound
11-19-2010, 05:26 PM
I have some problems with this.. It works good, but it's hell getting in touch with an actual human this way.

It was automated for the online licenses from the get-go. Make sure you do not lose your license. Getting a replacement this way is pure hell!

WARRIORMIKE
11-19-2010, 09:14 PM
I think were just going to see more poachers at our lakes and streams. IMO

MRB1185
11-19-2010, 10:42 PM
So this is just for people who don't want to or can not wait for the 10 days delivery? Even then, when you buy online you get to print a temp that is valid for 15 days...I dont see the point in this.

DockRat
11-20-2010, 04:47 AM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f145/Daleen/thumbsdownyuk.gif Yah great. Fricken BS.
My drivers license black strip is worn and probably doesn't work.

Now you have to go to the DMV and PAY $ to have your valid drivers license replaced. :Rolls Eyes:

Yah that's just great, 'Sorry but you need to get a new drivers license first'

I wish they would bring back 'display your license'

Made it alot easier for spotting Poachers. I see poachers every day in LB.
Saw a dude with a 8" Calico in a bucket yesterday. DFG is MIA :ROFL:
DR

dockboy
11-20-2010, 09:31 PM
There are other ways of entering your license registration on the machines, I.E. entering the DL #. My work just installed one. They are relatively complicated. Should be fun when a new cashier tries that out for the first time. On the plus side, if you go to a registered vendor, there will never be the "We're out of that license/stamp right now" deal that seems to happen now