PDA

View Full Version : 11/19/10

Kareem Korn
11-19-2010, 03:55 PM
A buddy of mine wanted to try yaking the lake. So I met him there, sat him in the yak and pushed him out. I walked the bank keeping an eye on him. He got in to a nice sized feeding frenzy and was able to land a nice lineside. I walked a few miles in search of my own lineside but was able to only catch lake mackerel. I caught about 15. Some pretty nice sized. I got bored midway and broke out the ultralight with 4lb floro and got a few on that setup. Good day on the water. My first time fishing it from the shore. Stoked for my buddy and his pb in fresh water.
Met a cool dude. Didn't get his name, but he was cool.

I think you can get enough details from the pics without giving a long report.

P.S. Lot's of people. Some should'nt drive a boat. :Rolls Eyes:

ddoskocil
11-19-2010, 05:10 PM
Very nice post. I went the other day, but to the west...should've went east. Great job from shore. A couple of fatties there.

Owner626
11-19-2010, 05:17 PM
What lake is this ?

GdHkSet1
11-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Nice lake mack, had to be fun on the light flouro. That is cool about your fishing bud on the yak and getting his striper pb. Thanks for sharing, wish I could have fished today in these low light conditions.

yolo
11-19-2010, 07:02 PM
What lake is this ?

What forum section are you in?

Geraldlim
11-19-2010, 09:31 PM
What the heck is a lake mackerel? Largemouth bass?

carpanglerdude
11-19-2010, 09:50 PM
What the heck is a lake mackerel? Largemouth bass?

^What he said. Never heard that before.

Sweet catches though, way to go from the shore!

smokehound
11-20-2010, 12:12 AM
That's a bit odd, considering how vastly different the fight is between bass and mackerel..

maybe he calls em macks because they're green?

IMO the stripers are more like mackerel, especially their penchant for liver and anchovies!

bob sr
11-20-2010, 05:34 AM
lake mackerel........the DVL Mystery Fish!!!!.....DVL= Drama Valley Lake.....the bullshit just never stops.....

Kareem Korn
11-20-2010, 09:50 AM
I was refering to the lmb. I can't get past them to get the striper I'm looking for. I'm sorry, but I haven't caught a lmb that put up much of a fight. I'm talking like line peeling multiple runs. Striper and the nice hold over trout on 2-6lb floro are what I'm after.

Kareem Korn
11-20-2010, 10:21 AM
lake mackerel........the DVL Mystery Fish!!!!.....DVL= Drama Valley Lake.....the bullshit just never stops.....
The only drama there is is created by grouchy grown men with their panties in a bunch that try to point out drama in order to creat drama. Lighten up chisel chest, lifes to short to be mad at everything :).

calico killer kevin
11-20-2010, 09:03 PM
I was refering to the lmb. I can't get past them to get the striper I'm looking for. I'm sorry, but I haven't caught a lmb that put up much of a fight. I'm talking like line peeling multiple runs. Striper and the nice hold over trout on 2-6lb floro are what I'm after.
Is it safe to assume that you're not much a fan of the saltwater bass either? Pretty much the same scrappy fight.

Kareem Korn
11-21-2010, 07:30 AM
Is it safe to assume that you're not much a fan of the saltwater bass either? Pretty much the same scrappy fight.

Heck no, totally different fight. One of the most pissed off fish in the ocean is the spotted bay bass. Love catching those. As well as potholing the kelp for the calicos.

Sublime-Steve
11-21-2010, 07:55 AM
Lets all go to Lake Mackerel Pro Shops guys