PDA

View Full Version : 11/17 Trout Limits and a Fat Crappie with Jacob/FA

kewlwhip
11-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Been abit since I've had a chance to post. Those that I've ran into out in the water know that the bite from trolling to baiting is on fire!

So I'll keep this brief and quick!

Got to the Vine at 8am to meet up with Jacob and FAlbert- Went to the tackleshop to pick up breakfast and get the latest from Jimmy at the tackleshop- Picked up a new Rapala...Jimmy knew that all i had to do was not lose the big ones...ok.

Caught limits on trout on the troll, and one large Crappie, weighing in at 1.8lbs! Largest Trout (steelhead) was landed by Jacob and FAlbert weighing 4.8lbs on the Rapala Digital scale! The weather was great, watched a few other trollers doing well too- lots of "woohoo" being heard around the lake hahahha...near the middle of the day, my leadcore sCREaams out about a color and a 1/2 of lead...as i went to pick up the rod, it shoe-horned to the back of FA's crestliner- and "SN-AAp" went the leader line while peeling...well looks like new line again...Ended the day with FULL Limits, and the Big Crappie-

Got Fish
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/kewlwhip_/fatalbert_kewly_VineGOTFISH.jpg

by 1230 we started getting nice limits...
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/kewlwhip_/fatalbert_kewly_troutCrappie_Vine.jpg

...the Crappie that took the Rapala Orange broke back lure...
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/kewlwhip_/fatalbert_kewly_2lbCrappieVINE.jpg

last of the day shot...me holding FAlberts 4.8lb steelie in the livewell...check it out, almost like a live aquarium..
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/kewlwhip_/fatalbert_kewly_troutSTEELHEAD_VINE.jpg

Lures Today
Rapala: Bright Orange broke back, Fire Tigers
Daiwa-SC Shiner Bubble Gum, Silver Trout, Fire Tiger
10 trout 3-4.8lbs
1 Crappie 1.8lbs

Top water and leadcore proved evenly matched on the Troll!
we gave up 5 fish to some other fisherman that didnt do as well- hope the info given did you well!

Till nextime-

FISH ON!
-kewly

Thisfool
11-17-2010, 06:17 PM
dang those are some nice fish. thanks for the report

crappiemike
11-17-2010, 06:30 PM
nice fish buddy, keep'm coming........

cm

TaperSteve
11-17-2010, 06:54 PM
More nice fish to come out of the Vine this season. Amazing!!!

Way 2 slay Kewwww-Layyyyyyy!!! :Guns:

See you this Saturday!!!

TS

El Capo
11-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Way to slay Kewly! It was cool to finally cross paths in person yesterday. See you out there.

Bebop
11-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Hey Kewly I have that same Repala. it does well for trout. WTG

Rooster
11-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Nice report and pics, Cant wait to get out there Saturday. Hope 2 cya there bro

Troutman65
11-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Keeeeeewwwwwwllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Nice crappie & trout . Thanks for sharing .:Cool:

rohan
11-17-2010, 10:57 PM
thanks for the info.

muskyman
11-18-2010, 01:10 AM
Hey kewly, we have been using the same orange rapala on lake trout out here and they work good right now. The lakers are running right now, easy pickings dude. I hope to get out this week with someone else and I will get some pics. Tell albert I said whats up and to say hi to max too.

Seņor.Chilax
11-18-2010, 10:36 AM
You the man Kewly! You got that troll on lock, very nice of you for sharing your catch. :Thumbs Up:

MAVERICK27
11-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Way to go KewlyYYY! Whackin em like usual! Where's the masked pics this time? Lol....

Hitts0n
11-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Kewly can you save us some fish? Lmao ! Great stuff man see you saturday !!

Boltfan#1
11-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Nice job out there thanks for the report and pics.

Psych22
11-18-2010, 03:32 PM
WTG out there

kewlwhip
11-18-2010, 04:37 PM
dang those are some nice fish. thanks for the report the big steelhead that Albert caught looked like a holdover... fought extremely well, and ran from the net a few times!

nice fish buddy, keep'm coming........

cm thanks cm, we'll take slabs anyday! :Wink:

More nice fish to come out of the Vine this season. Amazing!!!

Way 2 slay Kewwww-Layyyyyyy!!! :Guns:

See you this Saturday!!!

TS alot of NICE SIZED TROUT for sure! kewwwl, saturday!

Way to slay Kewly! It was cool to finally cross paths in person yesterday. See you out there.-FAlbert had the hot Spinmatic this time...though the boat slayed limits!hahahah, hey likewise- see you on the water!

Hey Kewly I have that same Repala. it does well for trout. WTG Bop its a one of the og's...you already know!

Nice report and pics, Cant wait to get out there Saturday. Hope 2 cya there bro Thanks, the fish are ready and waiting- hey sounds good!

Keeeeeewwwwwwllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Nice crappie & trout . Thanks for sharing .:Cool: Thanks Tritipppppp!

thanks for the info. no problem, also used were Donny Spencers friends lure "tail-walker or tail-underspin" sorry DS incase i named it wrong...that lure was HOT!

Hey kewly, we have been using the same orange rapala on lake trout out here and they work good right now. The lakers are running right now, easy pickings dude. I hope to get out this week with someone else and I will get some pics. Tell albert I said whats up and to say hi to max too. whats up Dave! post your pics dude- i already know its sick there in MI. Albert already knows and says whats up...Max puna aa haahahhaah...

You the man Kewly! You got that troll on lock, very nice of you for sharing your catch. :Thumbs Up: thanks, but Jacob was driving, i only co-piloted :Wink: Once you run into the school of Trout, just make sure your lines/drags are set- don't be surprised if some of you guys get "broken off"

Way to go KewlyYYY! Whackin em like usual! Where's the masked pics this time? Lol.... hahahhahah...i'm sure one of the 12+lbrs got a hold of me this day...

Kewly can you save us some fish? Lmao ! Great stuff man see you saturday !! the Trout are hot on the bait-n-wait too Hitts :Cool:y

Nice job out there thanks for the report and pics.
your welcome!

WTG out there :Cool:

Cow Patty
11-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Hey Kewly,

Nice seeing you two weeks ago. That day I brought a knife to a gunfight. ( no leadcore and on downrigger!!) We just flatlined. We got limits, but it took all day. Nice job on the new things at the Vine.( New cleaning stations, Bigger boat docks and longer hours on Fri. and Sat. Closing at 6:00 pm.

Thanks CP

TrouTracker
11-18-2010, 08:08 PM
To Kewly- Great job on the troll. The Vine has done a great job of "quality" this year over "quantity". I think that catching a nice 4lber on the troll is a lot better than catching four 1lber's. Definitely looks like there's some holdovers this year. Great looking full tails= Great hookups and runs. Thanks for the detailed report.
Barry A. Ogawa

kewlwhip
11-19-2010, 03:56 AM
Hey Kewly,

Nice seeing you two weeks ago. That day I brought a knife to a gunfight. ( no leadcore and on downrigger!!) We just flatlined. We got limits, but it took all day. Nice job on the new things at the Vine.( New cleaning stations, Bigger boat docks and longer hours on Fri. and Sat. Closing at 6:00 pm.

Thanks CP Hey CP, no more knives to a gunfight with the fishing! lol- ps hours are til 5pm not 6pm on fri-sat :Wink:

To Kewly- Great job on the troll. The Vine has done a great job of "quality" this year over "quantity". I think that catching a nice 4lber on the troll is a lot better than catching four 1lber's. Definitely looks like there's some holdovers this year. Great looking full tails= Great hookups and runs. Thanks for the detailed report.
Barry A. Ogawa Hey Barry- Gotta get out there and fish for the trout...quality this year is evident on the troll...Vines waters are the closest thing here in SoCal to rival the lakes of the Sierras for trout/trolling/baiting- Albert had a nice one that "popped off" too- ttyl!

zzzfish
11-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Nice job Kewly,

We saw you guys out there. We were the two asian guys trolling next to you.

TroutOnly
11-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Fagwormbert caught something ,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hitts0n
11-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Shut up T/O be4 I pimp slap you with Kewly's hand.....lol:Cool:

BigBass777
11-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Awesome day! The livewell thing a good idea to keep them nice fish fresh. The rapala bite has taken off. Unlike other lakes in the OC, Irvine Lake has been a good lake to troll on. Why is that? Is it the lakes canyon contour?

bassmeister
11-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Awesome day! The livewell thing a good idea to keep them nice fish fresh. The rapala bite has taken off. Unlike other lakes in the OC, Irvine Lake has been a good lake to troll on. Why is that? Is it the lakes canyon contour? No brotha, its no more than trollling the right colors at the right speed.

kewlwhip
11-22-2010, 06:13 AM
Nice job Kewly,

We saw you guys out there. We were the two asian guys trolling next to you.
hey thanks zzzfish- will see ya nextime!

Awesome day! The livewell thing a good idea to keep them nice fish fresh. The rapala bite has taken off. Unlike other lakes in the OC, Irvine Lake has been a good lake to troll on. Why is that? Is it the lakes canyon contour? BigBass...ALL THE ABOVE, and more...:Wink: the trout are hungry, the right place/time, presentation and speed...similar to bassmeister has said below (anyone can pm me if you'd like more info...)

No brotha, its no more than trollling the right colors at the right speed. good info-
How'd you guys finish the other day?