PDA

View Full Version : I Closed down the Sierras 11/15

billy b
11-17-2010, 07:10 AM
Just had to wander down to Bport, Virginias, and Twin Lakes

Was a gorgeous day ... but slow to dead fishing ...

Bport - got a Brownie about 15-16 inches long ... c & r ... on NC and power egg. 4-5 trollers but saw no action ... nobody at the dam ... I tried a lot of baits and sauces ... didn't get to the lesser used power baits like Forest Green, Pink, Pautzkes, just power eggs or power nuggets, our a power mouse .
Most IMPORTANT - Hays Street was closed - up for sale - will miss Arleen and Jeff - hope it stays open and Kim stays with them (sorta reminded me of "You've got mail") - great cafe - best hash browns, fries, and burgers - maybe better than Silver Lake cafe

Big Virginia - thought I'd hammer them for sure ... but there was a layer of ice on the lake ... wondered if I should have tried casting out and see if it broke up ... wondered if they would be extra hungry... any thoughts ???

Twin Lakes - watched them pull in the gang plank, et al, and bought a soda as they were packing up the country store
... said good bye to 16-17 deer on the lawn ... not a soul on or around the lake ... couldn't get a bite on Lower ... gorgeous evening - snow capped mountains, etc - nice spot by some fallen logs ... me and Jack ...

Good winter fishin to all in SoCal ... I think I have some places up here that are still open ... will want to hit the Owens next week when I travel to the see the Coliseum.

Fizhun is great ... wish I could have dones some ketchun

Feel like I'm the only one who has bad days

TROUT MASTERS
11-17-2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the report,we all have bad days..
Till next time!
Trout masters.

numbnuts
11-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Feel like I'm the only one who has bad days

I have had a number of those days lately...just keep at it man. The Lower O should start to get good..they are dropping the flows

bstolton
11-17-2010, 07:53 PM
I have only been going to the sierras for about 5 years now and I have had my share of days not catching any or only 1-2 fish, but I can honestly say I have never had a bad day. All you have to do is look around at the beauty and take a deep breath, guarranty it will put a smile on your face. I can`t wait to get back up there next year.

Bill

BIGBASS MB
11-17-2010, 09:39 PM
I have only been going to the sierras for about 5 years now and I have had my share of days not catching any or only 1-2 fish, but I can honestly say I have never had a bad day. All you have to do is look around at the beauty and take a deep breath, guarranty it will put a smile on your face. I can`t wait to get back up there next year.

Bill

I could not agree with you more...
MB

billy b
11-19-2010, 07:02 AM
I always try to remember that ... and hopefully share that in my posts as a reminder to all of us. I saw some amazing scenery and colors this fall ... and then snow-capped the last few days ... Virginias and Twins especially ... and then totally by myself on Twin as the sun and the curtain came down.

jmurillo74
11-20-2010, 08:32 AM
no such thing as a bad day of fishing

SierraPeaks
12-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Billy...I hope you got a camera for Christmas :)

(even if the fishing is slow, scenery pics are nice to look at)

TroutOnly
12-29-2010, 03:21 PM
billy you need to hit the pvr at the inlet short walk from the car easy access,,,,,,,,,,

Mike274
03-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Billy,
I know this is a late post but have been dealing with health issues that have sidelined me for a while. That in mind I didn't even want to read the reports. To depressing! Anyhow, in regards to your question as to whether or not to try casting and fishing through the ice. In my experience with ice, though the fish can be very hungry and eager to bite, no matter how thin the ice your hooks will stick in the ice like glue and the sharp edges can definately do a number on your line.

Mike