PDA

View Full Version : Irvine lake nov 16, 2010

gonzothefishslayer
11-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Great weather, trout biting and good times!!!

El Capo
11-17-2010, 01:35 PM
I saw you guys cruising around yesterday. Our results were about the same. Nice job, killer how uncrowded it was huh?

troutdog
11-17-2010, 01:46 PM
NICE full tails....nice job out there gonzo!

TD

MAVERICK27
11-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Great report! The pics speak for themselves!! Thanks for taking the time to show us :)

Seņor.Chilax
11-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Those are some quality fish you got there, very nice. Thanks for reporting.

DHarris
11-17-2010, 02:22 PM
I saw oyu out there as well. Was out with my girlfriend and did alright.

We only ended up landing 3. (she lost 2, one broke me off, and another came unbuttoned with a jump after being hooked on the troll)

All of our fish were on the troll, most hooks by the damn. We used a rapala cd5 neon firetiger and pink owner cultivas. Great day on the water!

While cleaning my fish last night I opened up a 4lb rainbow that we got and it's guts all looked like a single white mass. Has anyone ever seen this before. I'm planning on smoking it tonight but am a bit nervous. As another of our trout was full of eggs I'm thinking that perhaps it was just huge sperm sacks or something. I've cleaned hundreds of tout and never seen this. It fought awesome so I assume it was healthy but very curious as to what was inside of it.
Thoughts?

Boltfan#1
11-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Looks like you guys had a blast out there! Thanks for the pics and the report.

El Capo
11-17-2010, 03:07 PM
I saw oyu out there as well. Was out with my girlfriend and did alright.

We only ended up landing 3. (she lost 2, one broke me off, and another came unbuttoned with a jump after being hooked on the troll)

All of our fish were on the troll, most hooks by the damn. We used a rapala cd5 neon firetiger and pink owner cultivas. Great day on the water!

While cleaning my fish last night I opened up a 4lb rainbow that we got and it's guts all looked like a single white mass. Has anyone ever seen this before. I'm planning on smoking it tonight but am a bit nervous. As another of our trout was full of eggs I'm thinking that perhaps it was just huge sperm sacks or something. I've cleaned hundreds of tout and never seen this. It fought awesome so I assume it was healthy but very curious as to what was inside of it.
Thoughts?

I saw you out there as well, I was with my gf also. I believe we saw you catch you biggest fish of the day.

gonzothefishslayer
11-17-2010, 05:32 PM
oh ya you cant beat tuesdays no one out there.best part half off on the rental boats!

gonzothefishslayer
11-17-2010, 05:34 PM
thanks bro,just out there enjoying my day off.fishing was off the hook on the troll!

MRB1185
11-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Gunna have to steal your extremely pro rod holders for the rentals. Nice catch!

DHarris
11-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Hey guapo, I believe it was second or third largest caught yesterday. Was talking with a couple of cool guys while packing up and they had one that was just over 5lbs. Definitely the largest I've caught there yet. It slammed my 4lb setup and I only had about 50 yards of line. Thought it was snagged at first, I turned the boat around to get it and then the fish took off. Ended up chasing it with the boat to save my line. Very fin but mildly embarrassing getting that fired up over a 4lber. Thought it was HUGE when I first saw it in the water.

Glad you and your girl had a good time out there!

TaperSteve
11-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Another report of quality fish being caught @ the Vine this trout season. Thanx for posting!

TS

kewlwhip
11-19-2010, 03:50 AM
nice stringer of trout gonz!! looked even better in person- full tail holdovers...

gonzothefishslayer
11-19-2010, 05:54 AM
thanks kewly we had a great time,it was good to see you out there in the water!

BigBass777
11-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Cool catches. My neighbor went on opening day and said it was packed. He didn't get a bite from shore and nobody around him did either. After the opening day crowds subsided it appears the bite has turned on. With
rain (heavy) on the way in and this cool weather, the fishing should be good with minimal people fishing.