PDA

View Full Version : Monte Carlo Twilight 7/28

SOSO
07-28-2007, 01:55 AM
Monte Carlo out of San Pedro 22nd Landing... 7/28

Wide freakin Open Sand Bass. Approx. 40 Anglers caught limits within a hour or two. The captain had to remind everyone only to keep 10 fish every 15 minutes or so. Older gentleman caught a huge log Cuda on a dropper loop to win the Jackpot. Me and another angler tossed out the Irons for the rest of the night. Cudas were chasing but no takers except for one. Another angler was using the smaller sized Shimano Butterfly jig. Killed the SandBass. I can see in about 5 years or less from now majority of the anglers using the Butterfly jigs for Sandbass. At first i was using the live bait hook like everyone else. Lost several large size Bass from hook fallen off. Then switched to the Owner Circle hooks. No more losing bass and nice hook-sets everytime.

See you guys out there!

boxl0bster
07-28-2007, 02:51 AM
nice! way to go! i gotta get myself on the monte carlo asap! those circle hooks really help, the same thing has happened to me numerous times.

troutdog
07-28-2007, 03:08 AM
I was on the boat too, what an insane bite. Sorry I did not get a chance to chat and make the 57 connection...too busy catching fish anyways right? :lol: I got a couple of pics and report to post later...going to crash out in a bit. That may have been the best bass bite I have seen in my life, did you hear about that guy catching fish on a bare hook? :shock: Where were you at on the boat....I fished the "red section"...starboard bow area. That bite was ridiculous....my thumb hurts! :wink:

TD

Ambassadorhawg
07-28-2007, 07:25 AM
Love it! Any bigger models showing up on the twilight bite yet???

troutdog
07-28-2007, 08:58 AM

I got one pushing 4 or so....that was about the biggest sandie I saw, dang barrie stole the JP yesterday!

TD

rusty6
07-28-2007, 09:51 AM
i knew i should have tried to get on the monte carlo last night...gah!!!!

JapanRon
07-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Hi SOSOFRESH,

Nice report and thanks for the report. I havn't been on a WO Sandbass bite yet this year! Before turning to plastics-only I only fished circle hooks when fishing bait. Even tied flies ......... or actually streamers with them.

Await your next trip report,

JapanRon

ghetto dad
07-28-2007, 03:11 PM

the LAST thing you guys wanna see if a big fish (sand bass) bite right now, when you start getting the bigger models in numbers, its a sign of the end of the season.......

nice report man!!!! thanks alot!!! peace

JapanRon
07-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Hi ghetto dad,

Well .................. Said !! bro !

JapanRon

k3vin_kim
07-28-2007, 09:33 PM
remember how I asked you come down to Davey's for that twilight trip? I should have just stayed home. I got 5 calico shorts and 1 barely keeper. with a cattle packed boat at 51 on a twilight trip, 4 people caught 3 bass and 1 cuda. Although I had a blast pulling up all the shorts on my daughters Shakespear spiderman rod.

troutdog
07-28-2007, 10:19 PM
remember how I asked you come down to Davey's for that twilight trip? I should have just stayed home. I got 5 calico shorts and 1 barely keeper. with a cattle packed boat at 51 on a twilight trip, 4 people caught 3 bass and 1 cuda. Although I had a blast pulling up all the shorts on my daughters Shakespear spiderman rod.

I'm curious where you parked...in that double decked valet garage for $20 or whatever it is? Two things that stop me from fishing Daveys or Newport...expensive/limited parking and the crowds those boats attract.

TD

SOSO
07-29-2007, 11:54 AM

Bro, sorry to hear about the bad fishing. Spiderman rod? haha..A friend of mine caught a 8 lbs Large mouth Bass using his daughters Barbie Rod. Talk about using light gear..

rusty6
07-29-2007, 12:28 PM
you'd be surprised, those poles are pretty stiff, i caught some stripers on my cousins batman pole and the thing barely bent at all

Sinjin Kim
07-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the report Dan. I have not been on a twilight trip since high school and am kinda excited about tonights match between Fishing 25 VS. Joy Fishing!

We are chartering the Tortuga out of MDR. It is a 6 on 6 jack pot with the losing team paying for the entire trip.

I am not taking Fish Trap swimbaits, surface irons, leadhead w/ squid mackerel strips... Instead, I will taking out BIG LMB swimbait, huge ripbait, dropshotting snake worms, 1.5oz spinnerbaits and 1 ton jigs with huge trailers. The deckhands are going to be like, "What the F_ _ _ is he using?"

:lol:

ghetto dad
07-29-2007, 12:54 PM
spongebob rods are so much better than the spider man rods..... :D

SOSO
07-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the report Dan. I have not been on a twilight trip since high school and am kinda excited about tonights match between Fishing 25 VS. Joy Fishing!

We are chartering the Tortuga out of MDR. It is a 6 on 6 jack pot with the losing team paying for the entire trip.

I am not taking Fish Trap swimbaits, surface irons, leadhead w/ squid mackerel strips... Instead, I will taking out BIG LMB swimbait, huge ripbait, dropshotting snake worms, 1.5oz spinnerbaits and 1 ton jigs with huge trailers. The deckhands are going to be like, "What the F_ _ _ is he using?"

:lol:

Joy tackle!!!Represent!! #1 .... Ooooops, i mean Fisherman25!! You and Raymond are going to have alot of fun..I'll see you guys at the store to hear about the fishing..

k3vin_kim
07-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Dude, forget all of those other rods, When I took my youngest daughters Scooby doo rod to San Clemente, I rigged it up with a double dropper loop and pulled up a combination monster white fish and a sex changing sheephead. Not to mention countless calico's. It's the only set up I have that's not a Diawa on a seeker that I use.