PDA

View Full Version : Murphy's Law on the SoCal 7/27

rusty6
07-28-2007, 01:28 AM
Well, after great pondering, i limited my options to the monte carlo and the socal. i made reservations for both to make sure that if one looked too crowded, i'd go look at the other one. so me, the gf, and another friend head down to long beach around 4:45 so we can make sure to check out the monte carlo first before pierpoint. well, needlessly to say, 3 accidents on the 2, 5 and 710 made getting to long beach particularly difficult. we ended up getting to pierpoint at 6:15...looks like we're stuck on that boat. As i get out of the car i realized i left my license at home...there goes another 12 bucks. so we get in the store and see this list of people on the twiligtht, good looks like only 25 people including us on the boat...WRONG that was the second page...there were another 50 signed up on the first page. we packed onto the little boat with 72 other people. i pulled out my weights and hooks to start setting up our rods. as i pull it out some jack*** rushing to the bow smacked right into me and all my **** went flying into the water. now i'm just starting to get really ticked off. then we leave, get some average chovies and deans, all about 2-5 inches, as we pull out of the harbor, i get a little cold so i go up to the bow to get my sweater and right as i pull it out of my backpack. WHAM we hit a wave and it just blows all over me, so now im stuck on a boat with 75 people that i paid $12 extra for and now im drenched. and just to rub it in my face, i see the monte carlo go right by us with like 30 people on it :roll: someone up there really had it in for me. fishing was good at least...well in the fact that i caught a lot of fish. yet they were only the small ones, i farmed all the larger feeling and harder fighting ones save one decent sized 16 incher. all fish for me caught on gulp! glowing jerk shad. the rest on live bait and frozen squid. jp went to a 8 lb pig of a sand bass. highlight of the evening for us was when eric farmed a halibut, brought it to color, easily 25"+ but the hook decided to pop out. bummer for me, exciting for him, it was his first really big fish.

fish totals:

me: 5 kept, 4, released, 16 farmed/missed bites, 1 sculpin
eric: 5 kept, 3 released
alison: 4 kept, 4 released

Ambassadorhawg
07-28-2007, 07:41 AM
OUCH! Oh well, you made the best of it. Glad to see that you ended up with some fishies anyway. Personally, I don't mind if the boat is packed when it comes to Sand Bass fishing. I just make it a point to keep everything I need right there with me at my spot. I always fish plastics for them too, which eliminates the need to go back and forth to the bait tank for a fresh worm.

And, the bigger the crowd, the bigger the jackpot can be $$$$$$$!!!

Ambassadorhawg
07-28-2007, 07:42 AM
OUCH! Oh well, you made the best of it. Glad to see that you ended up with some fishies anyway. Personally, I don't mind if the boat is packed when it comes to Sand Bass fishing. I just make it a point to keep everything I need right there with me at my spot. I always fish plastics for them too, which eliminates the need to go back and forth to the bait tank for a fresh worm.

And, the bigger the crowd, the bigger the jackpot can be $$$$$$$!!!

JapanRon
07-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Hi Rusty6,

First ......... good job on the fishys! Nice report! Well ...... I must say ..... you made other veteran moo-moo patrons proud !! With all the this and that going on .... sometimes it's a bit of a downer but you kept your chin up.

That crowded of a run ??? ...... I would just turn back and indeed I have .... each and every time ....... to the amazement of others that have waited at the front of the line with me an hour plus !!

I love that boat but 72 patrons on a boat certified for 74 spells discomfort...... for me ..... do~able for others I guess. Fishing plastics, you've probably seen a picture of my leadhead caddy at my fishing spot on the rail. I don't keep fish so technially I don't even have to move to put fish in a sack. At least that eliminates the musical chairs business!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

JapanRon

rusty6
07-28-2007, 11:03 AM
i kept my sack at my feet the whole time so i didnt have to keep running through the crowd, if i didnt live 45 miles away from long beach i would head back, but there is no point in wasting that much gas.

ghetto dad
07-28-2007, 03:14 PM
sorry about your trip man.........hit me up.....

troutdog
07-29-2007, 02:49 AM
Hey Rusty....traffic sux, glad to hear you pulled on some fish though...better than missing the boat all together! I was on the Monte Carlo and I hate to say it, but you missed "The" boat...45 guys got 450 sandies and a couple of cudas according to the fish count. PM me when you are thinking about another twilight venture.

TD

ghetto dad
07-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Hey Rusty....traffic sux, glad to hear you pulled on some fish though...better than missing the boat all together! I was on the Monte Carlo and I hate to say it, but you missed "The" boat...45 guys got 450 sandies and a couple of cudas according to the fish count. PM me when you are thinking about another twilight venture.

TD

dude...youre just mean......lol.....

kanco
07-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Dang rusty, that is a certified MOO MOO adventure.

Sounds like you and I are neighbors...I'm off the 2 and Verdugo. :)

Better luck next time and may Shleprock leave your side!

BakoBassin
07-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Sorry...That was just funny when you said the Monte Carlo passed with a way lighter load :wink:

ghetto dad
07-30-2007, 05:32 PM
hey bako, have you found anyone special since we decided to see other people......ok, ill admit it...I WANT YOU BACK!!! :cry: