PDA

View Full Version : Irvine sunday 11/14

Hometown
11-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Got to the lake at 5:30 am to find very high winds probally gusting to 40 or so:Sad::Sad:Whent to the tackle store to see what was the situation they said no boat rentals till they get the ok and that may not happen at all bummer get up early and Mother Nature is messing with me and my 2 buddys.:Crying::Crying:Saw Dannella as I was walking out the store and she told me we could fish the laggon if we wanted very cool of the Vine trying to accomadate there cutomers.Got back to the truck to give the bad news and wait for the gate to open and hopefully a little break in the wind.Paid are admission and went over to the laggon till hopefully they start renting.Fished the laggon for about 2hrs coaght 1 baby carp about 5 inches long and we had a couple of bites we missed also saw 3 or 4 trout cought.Then good news the wind let up some and I see private boats heading to the launch ramp I call tackle store and good news they starting to rent boats.We get our boat and head out for the troll it was still windy so I decided we would only troll the lead core rods lucky I brought 2 and 1 of my buddys brought 1 so we had 1 pole each so we put a pink Diawa SC Shiner on 1 a Rapala org floater in black and gold on the 2nd and a Rapala cd7 in fire tiger on the other set them out 2 at 2 colors and the middle pole at 2 1/2 colors so they wont tangl on the turns.First fish was as we started to turn and head across the dam 1 buddys pole with the sc shiner gets a solid 2 lb rainbow put the lures back out and 3 min later my pole gets blasted with the rapale firetiger on it really nice fish 4 to 5 lbs sorry didnt have scale we trolled till 1:00 and got 2 more 2 lbrs then my buddy thats got the skunk gets hammered on the black ang gold rapala another nice 4 or 5lbr started heading in and got one more small trout.As we were aproaching the dock about 12 way between trout island and the dock I saw a trout jump that was over 10 lbs .I have a few pick I will try to download on my compueer and then post.:Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin:

Seņor.Chilax
11-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Way to go Hometown. Very cool of Danielle, little things like that keep bringing me back to the Vine. :Thumbs Up: