PDA

View Full Version : bako solo "Suicide" Mission friday night/sat morn

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Hit up the Bako duct Friday night, the original plan was to go to AV but I had spoke with 2 groups of people already going there so I passed on it due to overcrowding…

Man, this was a continuation of a SERIOUS Marathon…

I had already fished Wed night to the wee hours in Bako with the Bako Boys and caught fish….

went to work thurs….all day

THEN….went to AV and fished till the wee hours (hooked up but got sawed off on 30lb braid)

THEN….went to work all day Friday…

And end up fishing again Friday at Bako…

And what a tour I took…..

A solo Tour !

1st stop about 15 minutes into it had me hooked up on a good solid 6 lbder or so…

Battled it hard in the raging current….
Got lazy and tried just sliding ‘em up as I so often do…..

He shook off and slid back into the water but if I netted ‘em he would have been on the deck..for a photo op….

No more action there after another 30 minutes….

Next stop…another 15-20 minutes had me hooked into the 1st fish I’d land for the night…

Ahhhh feels good ta shake the official skunk !

KPN slayage !
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/bako11-13-10_1.jpg

No more love for a while…..off for another ride….next stop..

Worked it hard….seemed like nothing wanted to play…….
THEN…

Hookup !

Saweeeeet !

Anutha’ drag peel’

# 2 hits da deck….Kpn Baby
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/bako11-13-10_2.jpg

More working the riffs….worked ‘em real hard….

I wasn’t finding the fish in the normal territories and had to think out of the box…

Hookup !

A nice fat chuncky bako Stripey hits the dirt…

#3 They are yoking up nicely….saweeet !

he felt the cold steel of the KPN hookset driven by my 7’ 11” crucial ! (OUCH !)
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/bako11-13-10_3.jpg

A short walk to another zone…….no strikes….
Maybe I’ll try deeper in a little riff I think I see…..

20’ past the riff….retrieve into it…

Wham !

Ohhhh Yeah !......

you can guess what happened next but it had something ta do with a bendo and a photo op afterwards…..

#4 anutha KPN taka’
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/bako11-13-10_4.jpg

No more action there …..SO…

Went on a little road trip so to speak….

Drove a ways to 2 other sweet spots….

NO FEESH !
(Dayam !)

Getting really late and I’m on my 3rd day of fishing with less than 8 hours sleep for those three days !...

Gotta take a nap !......just have ta do it !

I slpet for a couple hours then hit my next spot….

IT WAS COLD !

IT WAS FOGGY !

I was STILL Sleepy !

I think I was still in a daze cuz when my next hookup came on the LC….I barely set the hook and he came off right away…

I knew the moment I set the hook I wuz gonna lose ‘em….

I didn’t set the hook hard enuff !

So….that sorta woke me up !

But no more action at that spot……

Off to the next….!

It’s getting light now……

And the sunrise was another beautiful moment I’ll always remember
(man I love this stuff !)

As I attacked solo…I reflected on what a sweet experience this all is….

THEN……

Hookup !

LC !

And this one felt the steel with a jaw wrenching…..bone crushing hookset !

AND…#5 is left alive as I release him !
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/bako11-13-10_5.jpg
No more action…so off again….

The action was FAR from off the hook but if I kept working hard….there was action to be had !

Next stop……..

Anutha ! Hookup !

Drag peela’…..

Had a bait n’ waiter take this camera phone pic for me….
Thanks buddy : )

#6 on the lucky craft !
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/bako11-13-10_6.jpg

I went on to fish 5 other spots and had TWO 9-10 lb fish swat at my lure and another 8 lb class swat at it but would not commit….it’s all good but that still kept my blood pressure going…

I lost count of how many spots I fished but I landed 6 and lost 2 so I wasn’t complaining….

I kept my 2 fish limit and all the others were released…

4 were landed on the Pearl white KPN and 2 on the LC.

I got home just about noon the next day….

WHAT A MARATHON !

But another lifelong memory is created !

Till next time !
Gary

troutdog
11-15-2010, 11:07 AM
You are a machine Gary, wtg on all them stripeys!

Just curious what bait casting set up you are using...rod, reel and 30lb braid?

Thanks for the report, keep'em coming....hope to see at the Sarl event, always good to see ya!

TD

trail blazer
11-15-2010, 11:22 AM
WTG GARY,,,NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hay ,,,Take a look at this new spot i found for you To check out,

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_2879.jpg

:Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana:

TRAIL BLAZER

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-15-2010, 11:38 AM
You are a machine Gary, wtg on all them stripeys!

Just curious what bait casting set up you are using...rod, reel and 30lb braid?

Thanks for the report, keep'em coming....hope to see at the Sarl event, always good to see ya!

TD
I normally run a 7’ 6” Shimano crucial Medium Heavy fast action rod with a Shimano Curado Baitcasting reel….

I broke that rod so I am currently running my 7’ 11” shimano crucial Heavy action swimbait rod with 65 lb braid (no more getting sawed off with the 30 lb braid)

Man when I stick it to ‘em with that pole they REALLY feel the steel !

OUCH !

Ha ha ha !

There are certain times of the season when I use different lines though…..

15 lb Seaguar 100% flouro in AV

20lb P-line co-polymer in Bako

But I am running straight braid on all my setups right now….

Those duct fish will work you hard in extreme currents !

I do use a 7’ 6” Medium Heavy spinning pole with 65 lb braid for my LC fishing (Bako only) also pair that with a mitchell S200 spinning reel.

Hope that clarifies and helps : )

Gary

troutdog
11-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the feedback Gary, hope you have a fish slaying holiday season!

TD

cutbait
11-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Healthy, chunksters they are. Way to slay

Suicide is soooo accurate. Not many can hang with that. I thought Hiro could but I must have been mistaken. I wanna make a run from tulare county down to the grapevine. TB vs FTS vs CB winner takes all

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-15-2010, 12:10 PM
I thought Hiro could but I must have been mistaken.

I wanna make a run from tulare county down to the grapevine. TB vs FTS vs CB winner takes all

Hiro is gonna get a pair of pant for xmas from me and some instructions on how to wear them !

YOU will receive instructions on how to work a zipper...(I mean your own-not others !)

As for the winner take all.....

OK....TONIGHT !

novel44
11-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Looks like another crazy night. thanks for the post. Now thats what i call a die hard fisherman!!! :)

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-15-2010, 02:35 PM
WTG GARY,,,NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hay ,,,Take a look at this new spot i found for you To check out,

:Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana:

TRAIL BLAZER
Hey Trailblazer…one good turn deserves another !

I found you a spot to fish as well !

This will ensure that you actually catch some fishies !

Psssst..!

Keep on downlow…..honeyhole !
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/TBspottofish.jpg

trail blazer
11-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Hay gary,,,i noticed in your quote of me this was left out,,,,,,,,,,,here let me help you with that

there,,,,,,,,,,just doing my part to help out a friend

TRAIL BLAZER

trail blazer
11-15-2010, 03:28 PM

Nice shot of my STRIPERFEST livewell gary,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i new you was peeping over my shoulder all day out there but i didnt know you got close enough to take a pic of my portable livewell

TRAIL BLAZER

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-15-2010, 03:33 PM

Nice shot of my STRIPERFEST livewell gary,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i new you was peeping over my shoulder all day out there but i didnt know you got close enough to take a pic of my portable livewell

TRAIL BLAZER
You see now...that I know your dirty little secret....this was the pen you had on the lake....freshly stocked from the hatchery......you really SLEPT all day long till 4pm then cast netted it right back to the docks for an undeserving win....

I felt SO bad for you that I let it ride....

Pssst...Thanks for that $50.00 for letting it ride by the way....

P.S.
Now that I know I'll have to endure pics of the trophy that I actually had made 1,000 times or more on the net....

....The price for letting it ride this year has gone up to $250.00

trail blazer
11-15-2010, 03:44 PM
One sure way to stop the trophy pics,,,,,,,,,,striperfest 2010,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I say the MID,,Meet up at the corner where the hotdog guy sets up,,,,,,,,,,,,,with just a cpl weeks notice we should all be able to make it.

I know this thing was yours and bobs baby,,,,,,,,,,,just cant hardly wait for the next 1,,,,,,,,,had a ball.

just my 2 cents,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,But 1 thing is for sure,,,,,,,if someone dosnt take this thing away from me ,,ITS GONNA SHINE

TRAIL BLAZER

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-15-2010, 03:56 PM
One sure way to stop the trophy pics,,,,,,,,,,striperfest 2010,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I say the MID,,Meet up at the corner where the hotdog guy sets up,,,,,,,,,,,,,with just a cpl weeks notice we should all be able to make it.

I know this thing was yours and bobs baby,,,,,,,,,,,just cant hardly wait for the next 1,,,,,,,,,had a ball.

just my 2 cents,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,But 1 thing is for sure,,,,,,,if someone dosnt take this thing away from me ,,ITS GONNA SHINE

TRAIL BLAZER
I just don't have the time to set this event up right now...

SEEING THAT I HAVE TO BE THE ONE GOING AND AND LETTING MR STRIPEY KNOW THEY AREN'T SAFE UP THERE IN BAKO !

Ahhhhhhh......seeing as you are home polishing that trophy and playing Rapala 2000 (carp version borrowed from Carp-bait)

Will you actually come out and fish again this year ???????

I PROMISE...I'll tie your hooks on again like last time.....PROMISE !

trail blazer
11-15-2010, 04:08 PM
YADA YADA YADA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MUMBO JUMBO,,LA LA LA LA

Here let me show you somethimg REAL

TRAIL BLAZER

HaiTheMeister
11-15-2010, 04:11 PM
You're a trooper! The crazy things we do to catch fish!
Congrats!

Troutman65
11-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Hey Gary, Nice going on the linesides . Your a true die hard , hard core fisherman. 3 days 8 hours of sleep. Man, I just don't know how you do it. Anyway , thanks for the report .

koifish
11-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Nice Job Gary.

I went there this morning. Tried couple of spots on the west then move to the east. Big skunk. When I left I saw FarmerJohn fishing where he hooked 17 lbs last month. I have a question: do they only bite at night? I can only fish at daytime and never hooked up one.

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Nice Job Gary.

I went there this morning. Tried couple of spots on the west then move to the east. Big skunk. When I left I saw FarmerJohn fishing where he hooked 17 lbs last month. I have a question: do they only bite at night? I can only fish at daytime and never hooked up one.
DAY OR NIGHT YOU CAN CATCH THEM, if you had to ask me they bite better at night but I'm sure others will have their opinions, I work during the day so nightime is the "rightime" for me if I want to get a weekday slay on..

Note: this report above is from the bakersfield aqueduct though not AV...

Go get 'em tiger : )
Gary

cutbait
11-15-2010, 05:15 PM
This entire thread reminds me of the time you got drunk and bought meteorites off EBAY

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-15-2010, 05:33 PM
This entire thread reminds me of the time you got drunk and bought meteorites off EBAY

Mike, it WAS YOU who got drunk and bought the meteorites off the internet…

Man up man and admit it…those were fakes ..!

BUT

I did have the rare opportunity to find some RARE iron Ore ! and the samples from the meteorology center confirm it is definately from the outer atmosphere !

I found it right near the railroad tracks in Santa Clarita !

It looks and is shaped remarkably like a railroad tie but I ASSURE you they are Authentic !

3 for $49.95 and I’LL pay for the shipping.

I’ll even make you a special deal since you are my bako brotha’ !

THREE for $50.00…

I have 23 available at this time !

Gary

trail blazer
11-15-2010, 05:59 PM
LOL Times 1000000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,LMAO...

I forgot all abought that,,lmao,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I remember that ph call,,,,,,,,,,,scott my wife is going to KILL me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i just pushed the wrong button on the ebay bid screen and bought 50 dollars worth of meteiorites,,,,im drunk ,,,,and this is the 75th most stupid thing ive ever done,,,LOL

TRAIL BLAZER

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-15-2010, 06:05 PM
LOL Times 1000000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,LMAO...

I forgot all abought that,,lmao,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I remember that ph call,,,,,,,,,,,scott my wife is going to KILL me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i just pushed the wrong button on the ebay bid screen and bought 50 dollars worth of meteiorites,,,,im drunk ,,,,and this is the 75th most stupid thing ive ever done,,,LOL

TRAIL BLAZER
I got the same call but in my version he didn't hit the button by ACCIDENT !

kpn
11-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Gary,
You're crazy as usual buddy, and great job on the catching too.

I want to catch something......now! :Wink:.

Khanh.