PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake 11/14/10

JohnnyBoy
11-15-2010, 09:31 AM
Johnnyboy Here

I was unable to get out any sooner to try and tangle with one of those 20+ pound fish I saw go in. By the way to the staff at Fishinglakes, the slow motion replay was a great idea. Like to see it more often. Anyhow, got out as usual by 5:30, not to crowded, witch was a relief. The last couple of weeks have offered some challenges due to the crowd. No worries though, just changed up the tactics to fit the conditions.

I was really eager to hook up, was on the lake by 6:30, kicking out in the tube. Nice day till about noonish, then the wind picked up a little, then a lot. But up until that point, it was a good day of fishing. I wouldn't call it wide open, but the fish didn't have lock jaw either. I saw everyone getting bit, a fish here, two fish there. It was a slow consistent if that makes any sense. I caught a limit, would have had more, except this was one of those days for me, and I farmed 4 fish.

What was productive ? As always, the Jig worked really well. Yesterday they seemed to like orange better than green, but I was getting bit on both. I tried a yellow head with green body, no luck, went back to white head green body got bit. Same with the orange. They seem to like that white head. I used bait, but got bit only once, Chartues garlic, with an extra dip.

After I got my limit I put the jig away and started tossing lures, but by that time, the wind came up really hard. Took a while to kick off of the lake with that velocity. Just my luck too, it seemed that as soon as I got off of the water the wind stops. Oh well, I still had a great day, caught a limit of fish, was getting bit periodically all day. So I have no complaints. Lots of fun, except the wind.

justtubin
11-15-2010, 02:59 PM
hi johnny
thanks for the info, i was out on saturday, thought there would be a parking lot on the lake and i was quite surprised it was not that busy. some of the fellas thought veterans day had an impact on who would fish on saturday. i too did not see any big fish caught that day. for me i hooked into a fiesty 3.5 lb that just loved to run. it was a nice time in playing him till he laid over and floated in the net. the bite was active on the far side of the lake most of the fish were in the 2 lb size , i found that i was getting bit most frequently on power worms in the color of chartuese and also cheese color. the wind did come up and made in challenging to float on the lake. but all in all, it was a fun day catching fish.

ron

Troutman65
11-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Nice going on the limit of trout . Shore fishing was not as productive as from a tube or a boat . Thanks for sharing

phishin phool
11-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Nice going on the limit of trout . Shore fishing was not as productive as from a tube or a boat . Thanks for sharing

Thanx for the report guys, I got there about 7:30 on sat to do some tubin and saw the boats stacked up by the inlet and decided to shine it on and go home. I guess it wasnt as bad by the dam. Bummer, i was really lookin forward to goin out. I just hate the huge crowds.