PDA

View Full Version : irvine 11/12/10

jnguyen4seven
11-14-2010, 09:42 PM
been waiting all year for trout season again since last year was so much fun. got their a bit late and started trolling with 4 of my friends. caught our first fish down the lake and was excited to catch one so early. boy was i wrong. it started getting windy and they weren't hitting our lures. so we tried to anchor our pontoon by trout island only to look up and see we were back in the middle of the lake. after about an hr or two of trying to anchor we got fed up n just trolled the rest of the time there. we ended up with 9 trout which was ok. but my friend got skunked which was pretty bad. hope it gets better this season.

MRB1185
11-14-2010, 10:05 PM
I thiiiink I saw you guys out there, there was only a few pontoons out on friday. What lures were you guys running? I think the firefighter heli's sucked up all the trout LOL. Were you guys trolling across from catfish cove on the rocky side?

jnguyen4seven
11-15-2010, 04:07 AM
I thiiiink I saw you guys out there, there was only a few pontoons out on friday. What lures were you guys running? I think the firefighter heli's sucked up all the trout LOL. Were you guys trolling across from catfish cove on the rocky side?

haha yea that was us trolling on the rocky side. it was better over there. we were using fire tigers shiners rapalas rooster tails. they werne't really hitting anyone of em as much. the fire heli was probably the most exciting part of the trip haha

tinfish
11-15-2010, 01:19 PM
I have great video of the Heli-tack!

I was the red Tracker right undernieth that beast....guess were a bit close as they finally told us to move....so we MOVED!...wow