PDA

View Full Version : Littlerock Dam

INDOANGLER2.1
11-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Went on Friday just to look around since I haven't been there for a while, talked with Mike who runs the rental boats and the store. He's said they're still catching bass and said the trout are getting active. So I spent about an hour and caught a couple of nice bass in the 2# range. On Saturday went back with my buddy Dean and rented one of the alluminum boats with a trolling motor. The lakes water level is still full and there are some great spots for the bass to hide. Fishing was a little tough but we ended up with 5 bass from 1 to 3# and we caught 3 nice healthy trout in the 2# range. Caught the bass on plastics and the trout trolling. Recently there's been trout caught over 4 #. These are fish that were stocked last spring and have grown to healthy sizes. Because there are no boats allowed other than the rentals the fishing pressure has been lite, if and when they'll start stocking trout there again it'll be real good.

xjdesertfox
11-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Since when are no boats allowed on the lake? Every weekend I've been there I've seen a ton of boats.

I hope that lake dries up again next summer like it did a few years ago, makes for some really fun 4 wheelin

INDOANGLER2.1
11-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Since when are no boats allowed on the lake? Every weekend I've been there I've seen a ton of boats.

I hope that lake dries up again next summer like it did a few years ago, makes for some really fun 4 wheelin

I think it's been about a year or so. The water feeds into Palmdale Lake aka Fin n Feather and because of the mussel thing they stopped allowing any floating devices from the outside. The water level been high for at least the last couple of years and they don't plan to drain it, too bad for the 4 wheelers, good for the fisherman.

xjdesertfox
11-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Lol I've seen numerous bass boats in the dam, even one of the guys on this forum launches his bass boat there. Its really hard to believe outside boats aren't allowed, I havnt seen any signs saying its not allowed...

Not draining it is actually not that bad for the 4wheelers, considering that entire 2500 sq acres is ohv land, I just drive around wherever I want. Not to mention the runoff water makes for good mudholes in the area below.

INDOANGLER2.1
11-15-2010, 07:09 AM
You obviously haven't been there in a while, for more information this is the phone number to the store 661 533 1923.

Racerzf
11-15-2010, 03:37 PM
I remember the days also that their were even occasional pontoons out their and bass boats were all over but now they have actually barricaded the launch area. It's next to impossible to launch anything even on a ninja mission.

This used to be my favorite place but DFG has basically killed the trout fishery and its not that little lake you can catch double your limit in a few hours anymore.

fishfinder
11-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Went on Friday just to look around since I haven't been there for a while, talked with Mike who runs the rental boats and the store. He's said they're still catching bass and said the trout are getting active. So I spent about an hour and caught a couple of nice bass in the 2# range. On Saturday went back with my buddy Dean and rented one of the alluminum boats with a trolling motor. The lakes water level is still full and there are some great spots for the bass to hide. Fishing was a little tough but we ended up with 5 bass from 1 to 3# and we caught 3 nice healthy trout in the 2# range. Caught the bass on plastics and the trout trolling. Recently there's been trout caught over 4 #. These are fish that were stocked last spring and have grown to healthy sizes. Because there are no boats allowed other than the rentals the fishing pressure has been lite, if and when they'll start stocking trout there again it'll be real good.

seeing how i cant bring my boat in there any more. how much are the boat rentals?

FSHNLIC
11-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Call me when someone hooks into a big Brown!!!!!

xjdesertfox
11-15-2010, 10:13 PM
You obviously haven't been there in a while, for more information this is the phone number to the store 661 533 1923.

Actually I was there 2 weekends ago driving the upper trail above the rental shop. Considering I own a property right down the street, I'd say I know the area well.

tpfishnfool
11-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Little Rock res area has been off the trout plant list for two years now and the ORV in and around that area has been shut down for at least 8 years thanks to the Toad deal.. If xj desertfox has been driving around on the upper trail ? Huh ? Do you mean up on Mt Emma ? All that area is shut down.. Hope you dont get nailed by the law.. $400 ticket... La County cops received a grant this year and they have been all over the place on the dual sport bikes.