PDA

View Full Version : Ranger 85, San Nicolas Island 11/13

FishinElectrician
11-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Went out on Dan Hernandez's overnight charter on the Ranger 85 Saturday night. We were gonna head to santa barbara island, but since the Yellowtail bite died down, Dan and the crew decided to head to San Nic to try and get all the folks aboard some freezer meat. Once everyone was aboard, the crew loaded the tanks with that sweet, sweet candy bait, then we were on our way... We started off the next morning fishin in about 100 feet of water, and basically stayed in the same general area of the island all day. We got into some phenomenal Sheepshead and Whitefish fishing... There were Yellowtail breezing all day, but no biters... I ended up with 5 Sheepshead, 5 monster Whitefish, 3 Copper rockfish, a Blue Rockfish, and a fat Cabezon... All were caught on dropper loops baited with a whole live Squid... All in all, a great day...

The only bad thing is that someone stole one of Dan Hernandez's rod and reels off the boat... i just cant believe how Dan and his people just let the **** go like nothing happened... Oh well, all I know, if it was me, things would have turned out a bit differently...

striker
11-14-2010, 09:29 PM
first his trailer now a rod and reel set up. dang, 2010 hasn't been kind to dan.

murrieta angler
11-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Those are some sweet Sheepheads!
I love me some Sheephead for dinner!
Thanks for the short report and pics,
Robert
<><

k3vin_kim
11-15-2010, 08:12 PM
YO! what's up man - so YOU were the ones out there with us ey?

Good job on the Goats - it was just the Ranger 85 and us (Eclipse) out at San Nick that day.

lakes805
11-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Dam was there to, I was the one that got sick on the trip! thanks to all that help out with the fish donations.

FishinElectrician
11-21-2010, 11:48 PM
first his trailer now a rod and reel set up. dang, 2010 hasn't been kind to dan.No, it hasnt... Lets hope the new year brings good things...

Those are some sweet Sheepheads!
I love me some Sheephead for dinner!
Thanks for the short report and pics,
Robert
<><Thanks, bro! Yeah, the good part is I got to give away alot of fish to family, friends, and co workers...

YO! what's up man - so YOU were the ones out there with us ey?

Good job on the Goats - it was just the Ranger 85 and us (Eclipse) out at San Nick that day.Yeah, man, it was amazing out there!!! Im gonna try and head out there once or twice before the season shuts down. You thinkin of goin out again???

Dam was there to, I was the one that got sick on the trip! thanks to all that help out with the fish donations.Im sorry, bro. I dont remember anyone gettin sick... What part of the boat were you fishin?

I was on the port bow, all day!!! It was insane, I loved it!!!

smokehound
11-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Went out on Dan Hernandez's overnight charter on the Ranger 85 Saturday night. We were gonna head to santa barbara island, but since the Yellowtail bite died down, Dan and the crew decided to head to San Nic to try and get all the folks aboard some freezer meat. Once everyone was aboard, the crew loaded the tanks with that sweet, sweet candy bait, then we were on our way... We started off the next morning fishin in about 100 feet of water, and basically stayed in the same general area of the island all day. We got into some phenomenal Sheepshead and Whitefish fishing... There were Yellowtail breezing all day, but no biters... I ended up with 5 Sheepshead, 5 monster Whitefish, 3 Copper rockfish, a Blue Rockfish, and a fat Cabezon... All were caught on dropper loops baited with a whole live Squid... All in all, a great day...

The only bad thing is that someone stole one of Dan Hernandez's rod and reels off the boat... i just cant believe how Dan and his people just let the **** go like nothing happened... Oh well, all I know, if it was me, things would have turned out a bit differently...
27014That's messed up, Dan's a really nice guy, too.

Watch, that rod and reel will turn up on ebay with "Dan Hernandez's Signature!" :LOL:

Nice job on the goats, they look huge!

TroutOnly
11-22-2010, 04:55 PM
NICE GOATS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,

FishinElectrician
11-23-2010, 02:11 PM
That's messed up, Dan's a really nice guy, too.

Watch, that rod and reel will turn up on ebay with "Dan Hernandez's Signature!" :LOL:

Nice job on the goats, they look huge!Yeah, man, it was a pretty sh*tty thing to happen to such a good person...

As for the fish, the bigger goat was pushin 11lbs... Not too shabby!!!

NICE GOATS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks, bro!!!