PDA

View Full Version : NPH tubing 11/13

bayfishingjunkie
11-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Well I have the float tube fever now Fishing anywhere and everywhere...and loving it .
Well my wife and I met up with one of my good friends and his fiance last night as we shared a hotel room to do a little hanging out and drinking..and since I always have the float tube in the car and we were staying in Newport beach I had to sneak out at around 4:45am to hit the bay before everyone woke up.. I launched at 5:15 am with the high tide just starting to go back out.. Everything was great not too cold no wind and the current was not ripping yet. I was fishing the boardwalk area docks with a different rig than normal.. I was using my hvy action flipping stick with my reel loaded with fresh 20# test . I brought only one style of lure... That is an old trick that helps build confidence in your lures. since you have no other choice you learn to make it work.. well I was throwing the large Big Hammers 6" or 8" I brought 3 colors baysmelt, light green sparkle, and red with red sparkle. on 1 oz jig heads . I usually never throw baits that big in Newport. well I was getting bit quite often but no hook ups then I hooked a beast that popped off ! I hooked another nice spottie that I took a pic of and a smaller sandy.. Only fished till 7 am... Cant wait to go again and I am in love with tubing!!!2698926990

DockRat
11-13-2010, 06:03 PM
WTG on the Dawn Patrol. http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u188/edcollins07/Jh-up24.jpg DR

Fat Tony
11-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Hey good job buddy

roby
11-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Forget the bass...tell us about the night in the hotel with your friends...haha...thanks for the report.

bayfishingjunkie
11-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Ha,Ha I wish... my friends fiance is a hot one though.Fished a few other spots recently..a city park lake for at least a pair of lmb for your 30 min effort. also fished pudd two days ago all of sailboat cove and around the point for nada..and day before that I fished with another friend of mine Capt.Larry out of Dana Point. He runs a sweet 20 ' center console we fished boiler rocks in the area for a few Calico bass and some Cuda. I'll get to posting pics Wife not digging the constant need to fish. "Oh Well"

DockRat
11-14-2010, 06:05 AM
my friends fiance is a hot one though.

Yah Sure.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg243/JVW1234/funny/hooters-worthless.jpg

murrieta angler
11-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Nice job on the dark assault hours.
With the daylight savings gone, It helps with the morning bites.
Robert
<><

Jaysuuun
11-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Those are some nice looking bass. WTG