PDA

View Full Version : Don't love sea lion but this is over the top!

Fish Dog
07-27-2007, 07:50 PM
http://beach.freedomblogging.com/2007/0 ... -sea-lion/ (http://beach.freedomblogging.com/2007/07/27/man-arrested-for-stabbing-sea-lion/)

Well, I have no great love for them but this is going way to far!

vanillagurilla
07-27-2007, 08:18 PM
i say stab his ***** with a steak knife. but besides that how did he get close enough to the seal to do so?

Halibut Dude
07-27-2007, 09:38 PM
I felt like stabbing a couple of sea lions at times =)

SanDimasLMB
07-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Thats why there was a non-harmful, non-polluting invention called a paintball gun with paintless paintballs.

komaiaboyz
07-27-2007, 11:44 PM
awww thats sad. a 150 pound sea lion is like a pup. poor thing. i hope that guy gets a long time in jail.

zZaNg
07-28-2007, 04:30 AM
yup i heard paintball guns are legal, imma take my paintball gun whenever i go fish the salt lmao...

rusty6
07-29-2007, 12:31 PM
just bring a bunch of half oz egg sinkers, those would hurt too if you nailed em with one of those, i dont think i'd ever be crazy enought to try and stab one with a knife, anything bugger than a pup would give you a good thrashing

xahx
07-29-2007, 01:09 PM
he musta been trying to feed the sea lion, bait it towards him before he stabbed it.. only way a sea lion would get that close.. none the less F'ed up! but they do piss everyone off!

Sinjin Kim
07-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Don't piss off a Vietnamese fisherman!

Perhaps he stabbed it to eat it, lol. Just kidding.

"Newport Beach police arrested a man today for suspicion of stabbing sea lion with a steak knife.

The sea lion had to be euthanized, said Dean Gomersall, animal care supervisor at the Pacific Marine Mammal Center.

Hai Nguyen was fishing on the “M� Street Pier when a California Sea Lion took the bait from the line of his fishing pole.

Police said about 12:30 p.m. he became upset and stabbed the Sea Lion several times with a steak knife.

The 150-pound sea lion suffered wounds to its body and was brought in from the ocean by the Pacific Marine Mammal Center in Laguna Beach.

Nguyen was arrested for cruelty to animals, and is being held on $20,000 bail.

Because sea lions are protected under Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972, the U.S. Department of Commerce National Marine Fishery Services is also investigating to determine if federal charges should be filed."

FemaleFishinFool
07-29-2007, 02:06 PM
"....

Because sea lions are protected under Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972, the U.S. Department of Commerce National Marine Fishery Services is also investigating to determine if federal charges should be filed." :appl: :2cents:
FFF

SanDimasLMB
07-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Don't piss off a Vietnamese fisherman!

Perhaps he stabbed it to eat it, lol. Just kidding.

"Newport Beach police arrested a man today for suspicion of stabbing sea lion with a steak knife.

The sea lion had to be euthanized, said Dean Gomersall, animal care supervisor at the Pacific Marine Mammal Center.

Hai Nguyen was fishing on the “M� Street Pier when a California Sea Lion took the bait from the line of his fishing pole.

Police said about 12:30 p.m. he became upset and stabbed the Sea Lion several times with a steak knife.

The 150-pound sea lion suffered wounds to its body and was brought in from the ocean by the Pacific Marine Mammal Center in Laguna Beach.

Because sea lions are protected under Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972, the U.S. Department of Commerce National Marine Fishery Services is also investigating to determine if federal charges should be filed."

I suggest you keep that stuff to yourself since its racist and because they're some Vietnamese people on this board. :slap:

POSTAL
07-30-2007, 03:10 PM
Well today it was in the papers that the seal has filed hate crime charges to the vietnamese fisherman claiming the attack to the seal himself was a violent hate crime .The seal is seaking full justice under the law .Dectives are asking for all witnesses to come forward on the behalf of the seal with any info pertaining to the stabbing .Police are baffled to why a steak knife was used in the incident .A local resturant reported a wood handle steak knife stolen earlier in the day .. :shock:

victor101
07-30-2007, 03:40 PM
yup i heard paintball guns are legal, imma take my paintball gun whenever i go fish the salt lmao...

frozen paintballs :wink: OUCH! :2guns:

olefrog
08-01-2007, 08:59 AM
The law is on the books, no matter what ones wishes for till the law is changed your stuck.
Ole frog would not recommend even getting close to one, harassment is also a crime.
ole frog knows of a fellow who feed a Sea Lion ,he was fined $ 2,000
bucks for feeding one.
ole frog sure don't know what the fine would be for a paint ball ricocheting off his noggin.
This guy is in deep deep doo with the wrong judge.
ta ta ole frog

zZaNg
08-01-2007, 04:47 PM
The law is on the books, no matter what ones wishes for till the law is changed your stuck.
Ole frog would not recommend even getting close to one, harassment is also a crime.
ole frog knows of a fellow who feed a Sea Lion ,he was fined $ 2,000
bucks for feeding one.
ole frog sure don't know what the fine would be for a paint ball ricocheting off his noggin.
This guy is in deep deep doo with the wrong judge.
ta ta ole frog

there is no fine for shooting them with a paintball gun, its legal.

leftylucky
08-03-2007, 04:22 PM
I cant tell if you were being sarcastic when you said that its legal to shoot them with paintballs. How the hell would you kno that? Did you highlight the section in the manual about the legality of paintballs and sealions? Oh, and Freezing paintballs will F uck up your barrel.

Loggoog
08-04-2007, 06:21 PM
that's just sick. He is getting what he deserved. Did the sea lion get hooked to his line and reeled it in?

sansou
08-05-2007, 02:08 AM
I cant tell if you were being sarcastic when you said that its legal to shoot them with paintballs. How the hell would you kno that? Did you highlight the section in the manual about the legality of paintballs and sealions? Oh, and Freezing paintballs will F uck up your barrel.

It is legal to ward off sea lions using paintballs, as long as you yourself are currently in the process of angling. You will be fined by the CG if you simply drive around a marina zapping sea lions.

The new fed rules were promulgated last year and are readily available over the internet on a dozen different sites. Google them.