PDA

View Full Version : 11/12/2010 at the Vine.

MRB1185
11-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Before I get started, thanks El Capo for the lure recommendations. They worked out great!

Got to the lake around 6:30, ran to the shop and got a boat. We started trolling the west shore, and around 8:30 moved to the other side. We trolled from "rocky point" to the end of "red clay cliffs". I got two nice sized trout almost immediately, but it slowed down for me after that.

I went back around for another run on the west shore and hooked what felt like a monster. In fear of breaking it off I let it run out a little, which ended up being a mistake. Because I must have let some slack out and when I started to retrieve I lost it. What a bummer!!! I tried to get it back on the line but it never happened.

So we went back over to the other side and the guy I was with threw a shiner on his rig. He literally limited out in about an hour on that thing! So I took my lures off to give it a try but no dice. Also on the shiner (like El Capo said) change the hooks! Refer to the pic below, we actually landed the fish that did this to the lure but if it was any larger it would have gotten away. But I threw some hooks off a rap on there and gave it a try.

All in all I had a great time and I am really happy with the suggestions as we got fish on every single one of them. So try to get out to the Vine and get your troll on!

There was also a fire, and the helo's decided the other side of the lake was too far to snorkle water from. They were dropping in REAL close to some boaters! I would have been freakin out! One buzzed me, I was thinking he was not going to get altitude in time!

Stay tight guys.

Click this to see a vid of a helo

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad216/mistermagoo118/th_IMG_0197.jpg (http://s937.photobucket.com/albums/ad216/mistermagoo118/?action=view&current=IMG_0197.mp4)

El Capo
11-13-2010, 03:15 PM
That little lure has officially been clobbered! Nice work out there, the Vine rules!

How do you make a lunch like that in a rental? LOL

MRB1185
11-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Pottery Barns new outdoorsman line hahaha