PDA

View Full Version : Great day at the duct

Kilo818
11-12-2010, 11:43 PM
got up this morning and the voices in my head were telling me I have to go fishing im sure many of you know what im talking about lol. Off to the duct I go got their beautiful weather no wind 1st cast and the fights on nice 3 pounder. about 15-20 min later hook up the fights on again 4 pounds and 15 oz lol one more oz. kept fishing and I got hit in a different way im like what the hell is this the fights different so I landed my 1st duct lmb 1.5 pounder. had a great day fishings getting better so alot more fun catch and release. the time was 9:00 pm and I got hit so hard on my KPN almost knocked my rod out of my hand and pulled me forward about a foot so I took Gary's advice and let it (FEEL THE STEEL) the fights on this damn fish is fighting so hard my left arm is starting to num out on me so we fight back and forth for a good 20-30 minutes i cant make this fish tired what ever it was I was I could of seen it but cant win them all the fish was so agressive and so big it snapped my 50 pound braided line. So there is a huge fish with my KPN stuck in its mouth who ever catches it can have the KPN but I want a pic of that them thing. hope to see some of you out there soon.

yolo
11-13-2010, 05:17 AM
Bummer on the one that got away. Also when releasing fish try not to stab them in the gills like the lmb in your pic :Big Grin:

trail blazer
11-13-2010, 05:26 AM
Nice stripers,,,,,,,,,,,Nice green back trash fish also,,LOL,,,,Darn things can be a nusance sometimes.

Congrats also on the HOOKUP of the giant,,,,,,,,ALL WE CAN ASK FOR IS THE CHANCE AT THE GIANTS!!!

Looks like we have another MAJOR DUCT GURU now,,,,,With a reoccuring case of STRIPER FEVER,,

WELCOME TO THE CLUB BROTHER!!!!

TRAIL BLAZER

Marine_Michael
11-13-2010, 07:27 AM
Nice catches, I'm guessing this was Bako Duct? We don't seem to have a lot of the green trash fish here in the AV.

M@M
11-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Nice going! Thanks for the pics and report.

VietReefer
11-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Bummer on the one that got away. Also when releasing fish try not to stab them in the gills like the lmb in your pic :Big Grin:

+1 on not sticking your thumb in the gills :)
A great fishing day indeed

Kilo818
11-13-2010, 11:50 AM

Thanks yeah I know it just happen I was still in shock that I hooked a LMB

Kilo818
11-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Nice stripers,,,,,,,,,,,Nice green back trash fish also,,LOL,,,,Darn things can be a nusance sometimes.

Congrats also on the HOOKUP of the giant,,,,,,,,ALL WE CAN ASK FOR IS THE CHANCE AT THE GIANTS!!!

Looks like we have another MAJOR DUCT GURU now,,,,,With a reoccuring case of STRIPER FEVER,,

WELCOME TO THE CLUB BROTHER!!!!

TRAIL BLAZER

lol striper fever tell me about it I have been hitting the duct every other day Thanks brother

Kilo818
11-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Nice catches, I'm guessing this was Bako Duct? We don't seem to have a lot of the green trash fish here in the AV.

yup bako duct have been fishing it for 3 years now but 1st lmb I think it was all luck

Kilo818
11-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Nice going! Thanks for the pics and report.

thanks it was fun

kpn
11-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Nice job! You did it again bro.
I'll call you later next week.

KPN.

Kilo818
11-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Nice job! You did it again bro.
I'll call you later next week.

KPN.

call me up so we can attack the stripers together lol

TurtleSlayer
11-13-2010, 01:36 PM
nice goin...so u put the fish on the stringer first then take the bait out?why?or do u just pt the lure in its mouth for looks???

Kilo818
11-13-2010, 01:55 PM
nice goin...so u put the fish on the stringer first then take the bait out?why?or do u just pt the lure in its mouth for looks???
I usually go by myself and if im gonna keep the fish I will secure it because I cave lost plenty of fish at the duct right when u pull the lure out they usually start jumping around and if they start the down hill im not chasing. I hope that answers all your questions. Thanks

Hitts0n
11-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Great day out brotha !!

cutbait
11-14-2010, 07:52 AM
I usually go by myself and if im gonna keep the fish I will secure it because I cave lost plenty of fish at the duct right when u pull the lure out they usually start jumping around and if they start the down hill im not chasing. I hope that answers all your questions. Thanks

TB calls those freshly landed fish "spring loaded".. He's right..

Nice catches

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-15-2010, 02:29 PM
TB calls those freshly landed fish "spring loaded"..

“Freshly landed fish “ ? are spring loaded ?

As opposed to the dirt battered slam into the bed of the truck n travel 6-15 miles to the next spot fish ?

Sometimes I’ve seen them jump up….....”spring loaded”

from the bed of my truck 20 minutes after I landed ‘em……

Of course that’s when I’m doing 58 mph down those bumpy dirt backroads and they spring up in the truckbed !

From the whoop-dee-doo's !

Ahhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha !

Cutbait……It’s ON !

Yeeee-haw !

Gary

Kilo818
11-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Great day out brotha !!

thanks bro

Kilo818
11-15-2010, 04:47 PM
TB calls those freshly landed fish "spring loaded".. He's right..

Nice catches

thank you cb

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Oh shiznat !

aww man...I'm sorry, I got caught up in a little smackfest with CB above..

Congrats on your catches !

Glad you listened and set the hook with Ferver !

Congrats on all the feesh landed but sorry about the lost fish...I know your pain but that'll keep ya going back for more : )

You'll lay 'em out next time !

nice work,
Gary

Kilo818
11-15-2010, 05:02 PM
[QUOTE=gletemfeelsteelgary;501438]Oh shiznat !

Congrats on all the feesh landed but sorry about the lost fish...I know your pain but that'll keep ya going back for more : )

nice work,
Gary[/QUOTE

lol not a problem brother thanks alot im not worried about that lost fish u win some u loose some what bothers me most is that I didnt get a chance to see it lol if i saw it atleast it would of been different let me know next time ur gonna go out to bako

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-15-2010, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE=gletemfeelsteelgary;501438]Oh shiznat !

nice work,
Gary[/QUOTE

I didnt get a chance to see it lol if i saw it atleast it would of been different let me know next time ur gonna go out to bako
Awwww darnit...I'm so sorry but in all honesty I must keep my fishing circle real tight at this time and cannot bring new people into the mix the last time I opened it up it got way out of hand and snowballed into something it shouldn't ought to be and time and time again my spots were getting overunn...

Nothing personal at all directed at you, it's just I've been rubbed wrong in the past, I hope you can understand and do not take any offense in that as there is none intended : )

Just being 100% honest : )

Gary

Kilo818
11-15-2010, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=Kilo818;501441]
Awwww darnit...I'm so sorry but in all honesty I must keep my fishing circle real tight at this time and cannot bring new people into the mix the last time I opened it up it got way out of hand and snowballed into something it shouldn't ought to be and time and time again my spots were getting overunn...

Nothing personal at all directed at you, it's just I've been rubbed wrong in the past, I hope you can understand and do not take any offense in that as there is none intended : )

Just being 100% honest : )

Gary

lolnon taken I understand but just to be honest with you Im not inviting you to go fishing with me to find out about your spots if i wanted to do that I would google eart the duct from the start to the end lol. sometimes no one wants to go and its better to fish with someone but like I said brother its all good trust me I understand been there done that

trail blazer
11-15-2010, 08:13 PM
KILO ANSWER YR PM BOX,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Heading out in a few,8 10 pm now

obeybass
11-15-2010, 10:03 PM
hey team how do i get to this place duct please help thanks

cutbait
11-16-2010, 06:03 AM
I'm not at all trying to sound like a jerk in this reply

Google California Aqueduct, and Google earth the aqueduct. Look for gates, syphons, sharp bends.

There is over 300 miles of it. Shouldn't be hard to find and keep in mind it is not like any other type of fishing. Lots of skunks, lots of miles, lots of cast and you have to find the fish

yolo
11-16-2010, 06:08 AM
And just when you think you made lots of casts you have to make even a lot more casts.

trail blazer
11-16-2010, 08:48 AM
hey team how do i get to this place duct please help thanks

We need a starting point obeybass,,,,,,,,,,,,where do you live??

Kilo818
11-16-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm not at all trying to sound like a jerk in this reply

Google California Aqueduct, and Google earth the aqueduct. Look for gates, syphons, sharp bends.

There is over 300 miles of it. Shouldn't be hard to find and keep in mind it is not like any other type of fishing. Lots of skunks, lots of miles, lots of cast and you have to find the fish

it is 444 miles long and if I wanted to find every spot in bako with the gates, syphons,and sharp bends its really ez actually, finding the fish I agree you have to work hard but u will never know unless you try.
I wasnt trying to upset anyone with the post its just that when that post was directied to me it sounds like im trying to use him to find out about his fishing spots lol no im not my spots produce for me everytime thats why I said if I wanted to I can find every spot. and dont worry u didnt sound like a jerk its not ur beef boss

yolo
11-16-2010, 11:06 AM
my spots produce for me everytime

"everytime" That's pretty bold. You are the first that I have ever heard of that does not skunk at the duct.

Kilo818
11-16-2010, 12:09 PM
"everytime" That's pretty bold. You are the first that I have ever heard of that does not skunk at the duct.

evertime Im out there is a post with pics right or wrong?