PDA

View Full Version : 11-12-10 Santa Ana River Lakes trout report

creekster1965
11-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Well me and my dad arrived at the lakes at 5:15 this morning and we were glad to see that there was no wind , because fishin in the wind sucks! Well they started letting us in at 5:30 , off we went to the pumphouse where its been good lately . once we got there we started getting bit right awayon the chartreuse/ garlic powerbait dipped in garlic scent. Once the sun came up we switched to nightcrawlers and the bite went nuts and we could nt believe how good the crawlers were working on these trout. In the years past i always got these damm trout on powerbait and not worms . by 8 or 8:30 we already had our limits and i couldnt believe how hard these trout fought. Today i dont think we had a trout under 2 lbs. and our biggest went 3 lbs. and when we went to weigh our limits of trout they weighed 22 lbs. not bad for a few hours of fishing. You know today was one of those days where we could nt go wrong and we were catching everything, while everybody around us was nt catching. I guess it was just our day.

rabbit77
11-12-2010, 09:03 PM
The pump house is were the water comes in from the catfish lake right.

Troutman65
11-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Nice going on the limits of trout . Thanks for sharing

Boltfan#1
11-13-2010, 08:06 AM
Nice job on the limits. I need to get out there and away from this desk.

Trout Doctor
11-13-2010, 08:32 AM
The pump house is were the water comes in from the catfish lake right.

I thought that was the bubble hole... but keep in mind I have no idea what I'm talking about.

creekster1965
11-13-2010, 09:05 AM
The pump house is were the water comes in from the catfish lake right.iI think your talking about the bubblehole. The pumphouse is straight across from where your talking about and right next to levits corner. Im pretty sure the guys at the gate or the tackle shop could tell you.

Trout Doctor
11-13-2010, 09:25 AM
iI think your talking about the bubblehole. The pumphouse is straight across from where your talking about and right next to levits corner. Im pretty sure the guys at the gate or the tackle shop could tell you.

The first time I asked them about any good places to fish one guy suggested I try "the water" :LOL: Thanks dude! Up 'till then I'd been dropping a bobber in the portapotties. Now it all makes sense!

He was just jazzing me though, they're pretty nice guys.