11-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Damn! Beast !!!!!

Troutman65
11-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Must of been from yesterdays stocking . What a whopper

Rooster
11-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Must of been from yesterdays stocking . What a whopper
Think ya could get it in with a 2lb leader? I would so nervous i would puke :EyePop:

Troutman65
11-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Think ya could get it in with a 2lb leader? I would so nervous i would puke :EyePop:

I don't know for sure if you could get that whopper in on 2 lb leader or not . I sure would not want to try it .

Hometown
11-12-2010, 04:48 PM
sorry congrats to the angler I dont want to sound like a hater.
Big but ugly

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Toad.......plain n simple.....TOAD !

Hitts0n
11-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Alll thats a schoolie.... Gary pulls fish that size out everytime he fishes...lol
Big boy 4 sure!

the killa fish taco
11-12-2010, 05:22 PM
nice........

Trout Doctor
11-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Hahahaha! That is just absurd! What has science done!!???

Congrats man!

old pudd fisher
11-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Wow!! just wondering how does the meat taste on such a large old trout compared to a smaller young one ?

Lucky Luis
11-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Moooooo! Moooooo! COW!

jrg1991
11-12-2010, 08:34 PM
nice! congrads dude!! haha now why can't i catch one like that?? =P

evalrez
11-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Nuts...just nuts! Something you would expect out of Irvine Lake!

fisherjo
11-13-2010, 12:22 AM
That is awsome!!!!

Frequent Flyer
11-13-2010, 10:45 AM
what a PIG! if i saw that in the water my heart would just stop!

jiggaman
11-13-2010, 06:52 PM
I don't know for sure if you could get that whopper in on 2 lb leader or not . I sure would not want to try it .

you could for sure get it in on straight two pound though. those fish do not fight

Fat Tony
11-13-2010, 07:53 PM
:OMG!: THAT THING IS :Censored: HUGE :Bug Eyes:.THATS JUST UGLY BIG. THAT MONSTER GOT :Spank: ...:Envious:

Hitts0n
11-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Was it legally caught?

Seņor.Chilax
11-14-2010, 10:12 AM
That's a catch of a life time, congrats to the lucky angler.

And to answer Rooster's question, yes, it's possible to catch a fish that size on 2lb line. I haven't seen it in person but I read a thread out of SARL last year when some guy caught I believe a 21lber on 2lb line. I think he said he fought it for a good half hour. He was like in first place for that big fishing trip to Alaska until someone else took him out with a 23lber. Soo if someone wrote it and posted it on this site, of course I'm gonna believe it. :Big Grin:

Seņor.Chilax
11-14-2010, 10:19 AM
get that outta here with that irvine lake bullss.

Hahaha! Too funny! Go Irvine! :ROFL:

Marley
11-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Was it legally caught?

I don't know the angler and I don't want to diminish his catch. Nice fish! I didn't want to post it but I was wondering/hoping the same thing.
I've been fishing there since their very first season and the biggest I have caught is a modest 13 pounds, but I keep hoping that some day...
I don't know what I would do if I hooked a trout that was bigger than many tuna I've caught!

olfishergal
11-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Biggest one I caught from SARL was an 18lber but that was about 10 years ago......Last year caught one
around that size at Irvine Lake trolling.......These big ones don't fight, both times I thought I was hung on
a log.....no fight just like bringing in dead wood.......Don't ask for pics, I rarely take them myself, so if there is\
one, someone else took it.........The one at Irvine returned to the lake after it jumped out of the net during the
lure removal. Smoked the one from SARL. Lots of meat and just takes the same, not much difference
OFG

Fat Tony
11-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Was it legally caught? or was it caught with a harpoon????

TurtleSlayer
11-14-2010, 02:37 PM
ive seen this guy fishin before at santa ana lakes.he was purposly snagging big fish.he just stands and waits for them to swim by..very lame.but oh well happens i suppose

Bigreeler
11-14-2010, 03:39 PM
BOOM! What a TOAD.

h00kup33
11-14-2010, 06:22 PM
WOW another hater here...go figure

TurtleSlayer
11-14-2010, 08:14 PM
have u seen that guy legally catch a fish???i never have..ive seen him snag a bunch

LunkerBill
11-14-2010, 08:36 PM

What a beast !!!
http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/misc/pencil.png

Nice. What type of bait were you using? or What size snag hook did you use?

jiggaman
11-14-2010, 09:40 PM
WOW another hater here...go figure

its not hating if we have personally seen him snag at least five big fish

BigBass777
11-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Nice fish! It would make anybody's day for sure.

Now, just imagine Chaulk Mound Hatchery raising a "Tailwalker" that size. It would literally be a fight to the finish. The Mt. Lassen fish are big (don't get me wrong) but they lack full fins for a worthwhile fight.

jiggaman
11-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Nice fish! It would make anybody's day for sure.

Now, just imagine Chaulk Mound Hatchery raising a "Tailwalker" that size. It would literally be a fight to the finish. The Mt. Lassen fish are big (don't get me wrong) but they lack full fins for a worthwhile fight.its not the fins that make lassen fish not fight its how they are raised a lot of tail walkers with no fins at all fight ten times harder its just how they are raised

Seņor.Chilax
11-15-2010, 02:44 PM
thanks hits, now turtleslayer joined the blah.

this whole one lake vs another is getting old.
crap where u eat. not on the lakes i love

Why would I crap where I eat? That doesn't make any sense. I'd rather crap in a giant hole 'aka' Santa Ana Lake. :ROFL:

See you all out there for the canned food drive event! :Big Grin:

miguel57
11-16-2010, 08:20 AM
that is one giant fish

TaperSteve
11-16-2010, 08:37 AM
Its all just speculation at this point but ive heard from multiple sources that this fish was snagged. A friend of mine "claims" he was there fishing that day and saw this guy trying to snag fish earlier in the day. Even if the guy did legally catch this fish it kinda gets discredited when multiple peeps know for a fact this guy is a fish snagger. Atleast they don't have a promotion going right now like they did last year with the trip to Alaska. That would make what this guy did 10x's worse.

TS

TaperSteve
11-16-2010, 08:47 AM
thanks hits, now turtleslayer joined the blah.

this whole one lake vs another is getting old.
crap where u eat. not on the lakes i love

No one is trying to talk BS about SARL. I think people are just questioning how this guy caught the fish. Rather if the guy caught or snagged a 22lb+ fish doesnt make SARL look any worse or better. Just the fact a 22lb+ came out of there period is a big + for SARL.

TS

PS - and I think peeps would be questioning if this guy caught/snagged the fish even if it was caught at the Vine.

Seņor.Chilax
11-16-2010, 09:26 AM
simply put. there are people who fish irvine(or the guy that constantly thread jacks about lmv) almost exclusively that only come on this board to pile on and spew negativity. I didnt see anyone suggesting that a bass fisherman snagged the first dd trout at your lake. i have seen some great catches by the sarl crew. those guys you accuse of snagging have caught legally some serious fish. even in the sierras. occasionally you would see a report back in the day. but as long as they get crap, why bother to embrace the fnn community. I will not be fishing the canned food drive event. i prefer fishing corona.
i have fished irvine a fair amount. had some great days there. also had some that where the customer service was crazy bad. the last member to fully criticize irvine was eventually banned because people jumped on top of him. mister badfish2 writes a ton of reports on another site now. i often wonder why i post on fnn. im not looking for friends any longer; im not looking for new tactics. maybe i just like to tell people that if u figure out the system, you can have a pretty damn fun day at a pretty nasty lake. criticize me. look up my old fishing pictures and judge me. just know that i have several overnighter jackpots under my belt and i like to share little tidbits with the angling community. be a little nicer to the lake i love to fish.

The only reason why I was talking smack is because I was replying to your post about crapping on my plate, all fun and games, so I thought. I know plenty of people that kill at both Santa Ana and Corona, it's cool. The only problem is that people have seen this Particular Individual snag, what are people gonna think, if you walk like a duck, quack like a duck... must be a pigeon toed weird guy. hahaha!:ROFL: You get it?

And who's this thread jacker? And what does lmv mean, I'm not good with all those WTF's and OMG's.

trail blazer
11-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Alll thats a schoolie.... Gary pulls fish that size out everytime he fishes...lol
Big boy 4 sure!

,,YEP,,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Well thats what he says anyway.

GREAT OBSERVATION HITT,S

A GIANT FORSURE.

TRAIL BLAZER

CASTAWAY
11-18-2010, 09:23 AM
one time long ago at SARL I was jigging a monster Lloyd. this one was visible and i was trying for at least twenty minutes before some random guy comes over and bam! got the fish the first cast. i kindda figured out what he did to hook on to the fish. if he is shore fishing it is very easy to snag the fish but if he was on a tube or boat it's likely he legally caught the beast... at least we know there's huge monster trout in the lake..... my2:My Two Cents:

tpfishnfool
11-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Food for the rose bushes.. Wonder if he ate it??
Still a Brute ! Congrats

MAVERICK27
11-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Insane fish!!!

Um, how did I get labeled "the bass fisherman that caught a DD" Sorry guys, but I think most of you know I've been a trout fisherman off and on for over 30 years! I just went full time bass last year. Just in case, let me put this to bed....I was throwing for trout (not trolling or bass fishing) when I caught mine. Same way I was the next weekend when I lost a 12+ at the net. I was fishing with a guy I had never fished with before.

So, please don't complain about passing judgement when judgement on me (who was never even on this thread) was passed.

So, my two cents.....SARL has monsters. Irvine has scenery. Corona has bad memories of when I was married and lived right across the street LOL....I prefer what I prefer...and respect others for their preference.

As for caught legal or not?? I have no idea. But I will agree that "many good moments will go unrewarded if you are known to have any dishonest moments"....."If you don't want to be labeled badly, don't do anything bad".

Fish on and enjoy the season, wherever you fish. At the end of the day, we all love angling.

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-18-2010, 12:23 PM
,,YEP,,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Well thats what he says anyway.

TRAIL BLAZER

lmao ! Scott : )

I guess I AM good with photoshop !

PLUS...I fish...therefore I lie !

OR maybe NOT !
Sarl hawg : )
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/SARLTROUTPIGGY.jpg

Scott your peeg Rainbows will pay the ultimate price come new years at BV....We'll make sure to call your buddies from the seirras again to net them for me so we can all have a laugh again

Seņor.Chilax
11-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Insane fish!!!

Um, how did I get labeled "the bass fisherman that caught a DD" Sorry guys, but I think most of you know I've been a trout fisherman off and on for over 30 years! I just went full time bass last year. Just in case, let me put this to bed....I was throwing for trout (not trolling or bass fishing) when I caught mine. Same way I was the next weekend when I lost a 12+ at the net. I was fishing with a guy I had never fished with before.

So, please don't complain about passing judgement when judgement on me (who was never even on this thread) was passed.

So, my two cents.....SARL has monsters. Irvine has scenery. Corona has bad memories of when I was married and lived right across the street LOL....I prefer what I prefer...and respect others for their preference.

As for caught legal or not?? I have no idea. But I will agree that "many good moments will go unrewarded if you are known to have any dishonest moments"....."If you don't want to be labeled badly, don't do anything bad".

Fish on and enjoy the season, wherever you fish. At the end of the day, we all love angling.

Very well said. :Applause:

El Capo
11-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Insane fish!!!

Yeah bass fisherman.LOL

TurtleSlayer
11-18-2010, 08:54 PM
the santa ana crew does fish very well i know that..and this guy isnt part of that crew,the real crew(the ones who know how to fish) have started fishing other places for whatver reason..ive seen them at various places.diamond valley,ocean,park lakes,,everywhere...this who got that 22 pounder did catch it but not in the mouth...but still the lake stocked a 22 pounder so thats cool

MAVERICK27
11-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Senor Chilax...thanks Brother!

Capo....I expected that from you LOL See ya on the water...Bass or trout...the live well will be full :)

Frenchy
11-23-2010, 08:29 PM
OK OK OK OK ive been watching this thread since it started I WAS THERE THE DAY this fish was caught i was fishing 50 feet from the guy and YES the fish was snagged didnt fight one bit only floped once and was in the net

END OF STORY

Cadillyak
11-23-2010, 09:48 PM
That's a fish of a lifetime. Congrats bro!!!!!!

Rooster
11-24-2010, 12:58 PM
For the record:

I did not catch - snag - the fish...

I just posted the pic from the web site. I do not know the angler. So don't shoot holes in my boat :Titanic:

MAVERICK27
11-26-2010, 01:35 PM
No worries man. I guess I jumped the gun a little too :). I feel ya though. Irvine is my home lake and I hate to see it bashed too. Youll never see me knock another one though either. It's about mutual respect for other peoples personal preference. Hope you catch a good one out there this season!!