PDA

View Full Version : Vet Day Striper

RickyRick
11-11-2010, 12:04 PM
So of course I have the day off today and decide to head out to my favorite spot and check my luck....I would be lying to everyone if it wasnt the best day out there. My first cast, and I get my FIRST STRIPER. The hit was kinda suttle at first but then really put up a fight. So I was thinking just another LMB cause that has been all I have caught lately. Then when I get it about 4 feet away I see it is all silver and sexy looking. He came in at 23inches and I dont know the weight (dont have a scale) but he was heathly. Got him out, took a pic and put him back for another day or another fisherman to get.
Then 5 minutes later, I get another hit, but this time he comes straight to the top and I see it is a LMB. Spent a total of three hours out there from 8am till 11am, then headed home smiling the whole way.26924269252692426925

RickyRick
11-11-2010, 12:05 PM
OK, some how I put the same pics in twice, sorry!

Thisfool
11-11-2010, 12:14 PM
OK, some how I put the same pics in twice, sorry!

congrats on your fist stripper and even cooler that it came on your first cast. its funny that you can spend time hunting them down never get it and then one day first cast and boo there it is. that is so cool.

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-11-2010, 12:31 PM
congrats on your 1st duct stripey, hopefully one of many to come !

In fact congrats on both catches : )

You WILL NOW HAVE THE FEVA' !

Those 1st cast hookup are sweet but can be addicting...when you go to your next spot your always expecting them....

Nothing like it though.....gotta love that "Thunk" then the hookup !

yeah buddy !
Gary

fishinone
11-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Congrats on the catching.

I'm happy to see that someone had the day off.

M@M
11-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Congrats! Thanks for the report.:Thumbs Up:

RickyRick
11-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the comments. I am hooked on it now. Before the lil bass were keeping me happy by not providing the skunk, but that striper takes the prize. Gonna keep hitting it up.
Funny thing, and not sure if it means anything....usually I fish from 3pm till sundown and get my bass but no stripers, when I did catch the striper it was early morning 745-8am. But shortly after nine nothing again. Guess I will keep working different times to see when they are the most hungry.