PDA

View Full Version : Southern California Winter Fishing

simjones21
11-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Question or rather matter of opinion for you lake fishermen.

I have a few friends coming in from around the country for a two day fishing trip and wanted to know if anyone knew of a pretty good winter lake for a day trip. I understand there are a lot of variables that effect seasonal fishing conditions one being largely water temperature, but out of these lakes which would you recommend and why. We will be in a boat, and most of these guys are experienced bass fisherman with some pretty solid technique.

1. Diamond Valley
2. Cachuma
3. Casitas
4. Castaic

thank you for your help! and good luck this winter!!

HEMAN
11-11-2010, 11:53 AM
right now.. i'd say DVL.

MAVERICK27
11-11-2010, 12:48 PM
From what I hear lately, DVL. My boat is a 2 stroke :(

exfactor
11-11-2010, 05:01 PM
If you know how to fish, all these lakes are good choices.

fishinone
11-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Unless your a regular you might do well to hire a guide.

Check out Trout Only at http://troutonly.net/.

He can put you on fish.

Sublime-Steve
11-12-2010, 05:54 PM
BIG BEAR! no doubt bass by the observatory trout everywhere

WastedYears6x6x6
11-15-2010, 09:03 AM
The trout were going ape&#@% at DVL this past Saturday

Pete Marino
11-15-2010, 09:25 AM
The Winter bass fishing at Both, Lake Perris and at Diamond Valley Lake, is really good. Just because its Winter doesnt mean the fishing is bad here in So. Cal...
Winter Bassing is one of the most exciting times of year here in So Cal because our fish stack up in deep water and are ready to bite...Plus Winter is a great time to catch bass on swimbaits too...

Give me a call if you want a great day on one of our local lakes anytime of year, especially Winter..

This is my website.. PeteMarinoGuideService.com

Pete

Office (909) 510-5679

simjones21
11-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Hey all great to hear of all the recent hook ups and thank you for the recommendations. I believe we are going to shoot for a full day at DVL December 9th. In the mean time I'm going to keep following the FNN reports and look forward to getting out there. I've been working on a topographical map for DVL with a few different sources, and with working through mapping of old threads from this site etc I'm trying to compile the vast knowledge of you guys into a readable map that MIGHT point out some hot areas of the lake. I keep reading about Rawsons Cove any opinions on that? can it be pointed out on a map? thank you again guys and I'm really looking forward for some LMB action in the coming weeks. Hopefully i will have some pics to post up to attribute to your help!

simjones21
11-16-2010, 11:42 AM
The Winter bass fishing at Both, Lake Perris and at Diamond Valley Lake, is really good. Just because its Winter doesnt mean the fishing is bad here in So. Cal...
Winter Bassing is one of the most exciting times of year here in So Cal because our fish stack up in deep water and are ready to bite...Plus Winter is a great time to catch bass on swimbaits too...

Give me a call if you want a great day on one of our local lakes anytime of year, especially Winter..

This is my website.. PeteMarinoGuideService.com

Pete

Office (909) 510-5679

Pete,

thank you for the recommendation i believe we are going to try this one alone this time round and see if we can find some sort of pattern, but considering the size of the lake it might be smart of us to go with a guide in the future. I will most definitely be keeping your site bookmarked. Thank you.

Cameron
11-16-2010, 03:13 PM
OH YES stay down the mountain for good fishing.Move along nothing to catch up here in Big Bear......Shut up Steve more for us bro,lmfao.
Good luck on which ever spot u pick Im sure it will be a slay.