PDA

View Full Version : Smell That ???

Double A
11-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Yea, it's a skunk. Went out for my 1st duct recon. Armed myself with KPN of course... by the way, awesome looking lures. Hit one spot, worked it for about 1/2 mile for about an hour, then donated my 1st KPN to the "gods". Tried a fluke on the way back for no love either. As im not very familiar with the duct... YET, it seemed like the water was really moving. Not sure if thats normal or not. Anyways, need to reload some KPN's and hit it again soon. That's my 1st report... hopefully my 2nd will be better.

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Yea, it's a skunk. Went out for my 1st duct recon. Armed myself with KPN of course... by the way, awesome looking lures. Hit one spot, worked it for about 1/2 mile for about an hour, then donated my 1st KPN to the "gods". Tried a fluke on the way back for no love either. As im not very familiar with the duct... YET, it seemed like the water was really moving. Not sure if thats normal or not. Anyways, need to reload some KPN's and hit it again soon. That's my 1st report... hopefully my 2nd will be better.
get back on em....soon enough it'll be taco time : )

Gary

M@M
11-11-2010, 11:57 AM
I know the smell only too well !:Neutral: Keep at it. What area of the duct you fishing Palmdale?

Double A
11-11-2010, 12:13 PM
M@M... not Palmdale. Im in Castaic, so i tried off the 138, as it's closest for me. It was really just an exploring mission, as i don't know the areas well, and there is ALOT of water to cover on the duct. Im not one for chillin' in one spot, or ploppin' in a chair for bait n wait... so the duct has definately caught my interest.

M@M
11-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Have fun. Keep the reports coming.

Double A
11-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Have fun. Keep the reports coming.

just hit Gallions for the KPN reload. gonna hit it again tomorrow, i don't feel comfortable doing the night thing alone. hopefuuly i'll find some that wanna play. i'll report when i get pack either way.

trail blazer
11-11-2010, 06:20 PM
QUOTE,
Im not one for chillin' in one spot, or ploppin' in a chair for bait n wait
unquote.

Then you definately stand a chance,,,,,,,,,As for the fluke,,remember pop,reel down,,,pop,reel down all the way to the bank,,,,,,Dont be afraid to work it REALLY AGGRESSIVELY!!! this drives stripers nuts BIGTIME!

It,l happen,,,and it will be SWEET!!

TRAIL BLAZER

Double A
11-11-2010, 06:36 PM
yea, i went to the fluke due to my KPN getting "donated" to the duct gods. fixed that earlier by giving tides to Kahn. just wondering if the area of concrete im beating is productive or if i should head over the hill. the water seemed to be moving really hard where i was.

kpn
11-11-2010, 09:24 PM
yea, i went to the fluke due to my KPN getting "donated" to the duct gods. fixed that earlier by giving tides to Kahn. just wondering if the area of concrete im beating is productive or if i should head over the hill. the water seemed to be moving really hard where i was.

First Off,
Welcome to FNN.
The Duct is a hard place to fish, put in your time and pay your due....You'll get reward PIG time :Wink:. I took me awhile to get my first Duct's fish and it's on going after that :Big Grin:.
Even me I make that lure donation some time, but less and less for now.
Good luck and becareful out there, you also need a lipgripper or a long handle net.

Khanh aka KPN.

yolo
11-12-2010, 05:18 AM
Good luck and becareful out there, you also need a lipgripper or a long handle net.

Khanh aka KPN.

Long handle nets are for sissies :LOL:

Marine_Michael
11-12-2010, 01:38 PM

Some of us just grab them with our bare hands.

yolo
11-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Some of us just grab them with our bare hands.

That's why you just ordered a gripper.

You have to catch something to be able to even grab it with bare hands :ROFL:

Marine_Michael
11-12-2010, 03:55 PM
That's why you just ordered a gripper.

You have to catch something to be able to even grab it with bare hands :ROFL:

I ordered one so I have something to beat you over the head with next time we're fishing together and using the same lure and you get bit and I don't ... j/k I don't mind grabbing them with my hands, but some times it's nice to have a littel extra reach, like when the water level is going down and the sides are slippery. I have a net but it's a PITA to carry it around and all. Besides it seems like standard issue for the 661 Mafia. Just need that elusive DD and a baptism in striper blood to qualify.

Ray Lopez
11-12-2010, 05:39 PM
i'll be out in that area tonight. We've been killing it on the catfish and striper off the 138 recently. But we are also bait and waiting in the middle of the night with some lure throwing. Hopefully it's not flowing tonight. Last week it was dead still!

Marine_Michael
11-12-2010, 06:04 PM
I wouldn't count on the not flowing. Talked to one of the water guys earlier in the week and he said they're really trying to push a lot of water and he didn't have an idea of when they'd be slowing the flow down again. It's been close to wide open for the past few days. Good luck though.

yolo
11-12-2010, 06:13 PM
i'll be out in that area tonight. We've been killing it on the catfish and striper off the 138 recently. But we are also bait and waiting in the middle of the night with some lure throwing. Hopefully it's not flowing tonight. Last week it was dead still!

The flow was not shut down on the east branch by the 138. You must have been fishing the west branch by Quail. That one gets shut down more regularly. Don't get busted by the CHP in the west branch.

Double A
11-12-2010, 07:09 PM
The flow was not shut down on the east branch by the 138. You must have been fishing the west branch by Quail. That one gets shut down more regularly. Don't get busted by the CHP in the west branch.

thats where i was the other day off 300th i think. is it not ok to be over there. i want hit up more spots on my next mission, but don't want to get hassled by the CHP either. and yes, when i was over there on Wed the water was haulin arse.

yolo
11-12-2010, 07:24 PM
300th is the last walk in only fishing spot on the east branch. You were fine there. You can fish from 300th st west in Neenach all the way to 82nd st east in Littlerock. The part that is going in to Quail and coming out of Quail is the west branch and that is not walk in fishing. Quail lake itself is. The water flow pattern is different on the west branch and is often shut off so that is why I assumed the other poster was there. Just an FYI if he didn't know.

kpn
11-13-2010, 01:17 PM

I don't want to swim the duct in the winter like you bro.............LOL......
Long handle net for me.......

KPN.

PS: Sorry Double A for the thread jack ;-).

yolo
11-13-2010, 02:07 PM
I don't want to swim the duct in the winter like you bro.............LOL......
Long handle net for me.......

KPN.

PS: Sorry Double A for the thread jack ;-).

You're not one with the duct until you are one with the duct, lol. Just ask TB or myself.

Bassnman Mike
11-13-2010, 03:05 PM
You're not one with the duct until you are one with the duct, lol. Just ask TB or myself.

Shouldnt that have read, "You're not one with the duct until you are one IN the duct"

cutbait
11-13-2010, 03:21 PM

Agreed... Sling em out! Bako style

I wouldn't count on the not flowing. Talked to one of the water guys earlier in the week and he said they're really trying to push a lot of water and he didn't have an idea of when they'd be slowing the flow down again. It's been close to wide open for the past few days. Good luck though.

All water agencies along the SWR project has lots o lots of water left for the year, even carrying some into early next year. Tens of thousands of acre feet are being stored in the SLR for first part of next year. Expect flows to be high for atleast one more year and if its a good rain/snowpack next spring, probably two

yolo
11-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Yay for the ripping water! If it leads to another good spawn in the spring like this past spring and the duct will be the duct of old here in the AV in no time.

Bassnman, no, being one with the duct means going in at least once and being "one with the duct". Your way is too obvious. I guess I was trying to be philosophical about it but it didn't work so well, lol.

kpn
11-16-2010, 09:27 AM
I guess I was trying to be philosophical about it but it didn't work so well, lol.

Only people IN the the already knows what you mean Yolo..............Hahahahahaha.............

Khanh.