PDA

View Full Version : When they want meat , give them meat . Corona 11/10/10

Troutman65
11-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Went to Corona Lake with my fishing buddy Iron Worker Wayne . Got set up and the wait began. Wayne did not have to wait long as he hooked up a nice 3 lb apox. The morning bite was ok . Some people were catching a fish or two on the morning bite. Wayne used some old hard orginal garlic pb . Funny because he used his knife and choped off a chunk. Kind of looked like garlic trout crack on the end of his single bait holder hook. He did get another one on the same " Crack " . This one was bigger . 4 lbs apox. Things were looking good for Wayne as this was his first trip to Corona lake.

I was using verious garlic style pb's for nada. All I could manage was some nibbles all morning . It was a nice day Mostly no wind .Water looked clear . We used 16" to 18 " leaders . We tryed a little bit of everything today . Over all the lake was slow . The people around us , most had at least one fish. Some had none . Not like on fire wide open fishing but it was a nice day and NOT Crowded. We all had elbow room . I like fishing during the week.

Talked to FNN friends to check in , Timster & Troutdog. Soon after talking to TD Wayne thought it was time to try the nightcrawler angle . I went to get the n/c and the guy taking photos of the fish for the lake came by and took Wayne's photo of his two trout. The guys next to us were getting bites on the n/c now so the trout wanted Meat now . Meat they want , meat they get !!

I set up my Doctor hook special ( nightcrawler w/a power egg) and casted out . A few min. later a hit on it and I jumped up and set the hook . Bam , it was on. Trout made nice runs and was a better size than Wayne's I could tell . Sweet !! I get it in and I am guessing it was close to 5 lbs . I was happy that I punked the Skunk and got a trout my fist outing of the Season.

The trout bite was tuff trying to figure out what they wanted today . I would change up and get a nibble and that was it . Very frustrating when the trout will not commit to your bait. Over all it was a great day fishing with a friend and doing what I love . Trout fishing .

Thanks for reading .

Iron Worker Wayne ----->

http://www.fishinglakes.com/Erik%20Eyserbeck%20-%20Murietta%2011-10-10.jpg

BigBass777
11-10-2010, 07:53 PM
A 5lber is a good fish! Better than a few smaller ones. The first time ever shore fishing that lake they hit chartreuse powerbait and then switched to inflated nightcrawlers once the wind came up. A 1/2 oz sinker was key as you can cast it out real far.

Troutman65
11-10-2010, 07:59 PM
A 5lber is a good fish! Better than a few smaller ones. The first time ever shore fishing that lake they hit chartreuse powerbait and then switched to inflated nightcrawlers once the wind came up. A 1/2 oz sinker was key as you can cast it out real far.

Yep, I use the 1/2 oz sinker there just in case the wind comes up . Tryed the plastics, Power worm with power egg. Nothing . Tryed spring green, orange, lime twist , and other power baits . It was just one of those days fishing . Thanks for reading .

Rooster
11-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Good read Patrick,, Did they stock the bigguns today?

Marley
11-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Sounds liek a nice trip. Nice fish, that 5-pounder. You know what I always say; If they're not biting nightcrawlers, they're not biting! Always toss the garden hackle.

st3wie
11-10-2010, 09:22 PM
nice report. I might try heading out tomorrow but does anyone know if theyre open for sure??

Line Crosser
11-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Good read Patrick,, Did they stock the bigguns today?

Tomorrow they stock. I was out there today and you hit it on the head all they were hitting were crawlers. My buddy did get one to hit a panther martin.

st3wie
11-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Tomorrow they stock. I was out there today and you hit it on the head all they were hitting were crawlers. My buddy did get one to hit a panther martin.

I thought they stocked every Wednesday

Troutman65
11-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Rooster ------> Good read Patrick,, Did they stock the bigguns today?

Thanks Rooster. They were to stock today

Marley -------> Sounds liek a nice trip. Nice fish, that 5-pounder. You know what I always say; If they're not biting nightcrawlers, they're not biting! Always toss the garden hackle.
Thanks for the read . I would rather throw plastics but if I have to the Garden Hackle I will throw

Troutman65
11-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Thanks for reading st3wie, Liner Crosser,& Babby Killer :Cool:

CASTAWAY
11-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Thanks for reporting in TM65.... Be better if ya had pix....:Cool:

Troutman65
11-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks for reporting in TM65.... Be better if ya had pix....:Cool:

Yeah, my digie camera batt. are toast . I do not have the cable to down load to my computer. Not sure if my computer accepts sims cards. So SOL . I have been looking at the Fishinglakes .com web site for Waynes photo so I can copy & paste it here . They have not uploaded it yet. Anyway, thanks for reading Bro .:Cool:

BassHunter1979
11-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Yeah, my digie camera batt. are toast . I do not have the cable to down load to my computer. Not sure if my computer accepts sims cards. So SOL . I have been looking at the Fishinglakes .com web site for Waynes photo so I can copy & paste it here . They have not uploaded it yet. Anyway, thanks for reading Bro .:Cool:

Nice report, but change that Vikings picture....it's embarrassing!

Lucky Luis
11-11-2010, 10:38 PM
I was going to go this saturday but I have to work. I'll be there next week for sure. Nice Report you got me pumped know.

Troutman65
11-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Nice report, but change that Vikings picture....it's embarrassing!

Ummmm....... Not Cool Bro !!. I am a true fan and not a band wangon fan . So thanks for reading my post .

Troutman65
11-11-2010, 11:41 PM
I was going to go this saturday but I have to work. I'll be there next week for sure. Nice Report you got me pumped know.

Well, alright Lucky Luis. I am all pumped up still from fishing and looking forward to get back to the water soon for more trout action. Thanks for reading

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-12-2010, 04:58 PM
What Patrick....no pics ?

I am dissapointed : (

Glad ya got on sum action though....

Congrats on punkin da skunk..

P.S.
Don't be afraid to sling a candy apple red firefly or smoke or pumpkin colored trout trap on 2lb test with a 7' light action rod....not to get into specifics....... ha ha ha ha

If you try it...I got a top secret retrieval method I'll share with you if you ever want to go light and catch big : )

Salute....

Gary

P.P.S.
Here's the last 2 trout I landed using those methods...
Fresh from the water..
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/postPVRtoad-4-17-10-1-1.jpg
After I carried her walking back to car as she spewed hundreds of eggs !
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/postPVRtoad-4-17-10-2-1.jpg
And anutha from BV
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/Buenavistatoad-1.jpg

Sorry…just had a trout flashback ! : )

creekster1965
11-12-2010, 06:53 PM
well me and my dad arrived at the lake at 5:15 this morning and we were glad to see that there was no wind , because fishing in the wind sucks ! Well they started letting us in at 5:30 , so off we went to the pumphouse where its been good lately. We started getting bit right away on the chartreuese garlic powerbait dipped in garlic scent . Once the sun came up we switched to the crawlers and the bite got crazy and couldnt believe how good crawlers worked on these trout. In the years past i always got these damm trout on powerbait and not worms. By 8 or 8:30 we already had our limits of trout and i couldnt believe how well these things fought . Today i dont think we had a trout under 2lbs. and our biggest went 3lbs. and when we went to weigh our limits they weighed 22lbs . not bad for a few hours of fishing. You know today was one of those days where you cant do anything wrong and your catching everything , while everybody around you is nt catching . I guess it was just our day !

troutdog
11-14-2010, 07:29 PM
WTG out there Patrick...you are the official "meat man" of FNN! :LOL:

TD

Troutman65
11-15-2010, 01:06 AM
WTG out there Patrick...you are the official "meat man" of FNN! :LOL:

TD

Aaron , I got your Meat .:LOL:

Thanks for reading buddy . We really got to get together and fish soon.:Wink:

Troutman65
11-15-2010, 01:08 AM
What Patrick....no pics ?

I am dissapointed : (

Glad ya got on sum action though....

Congrats on punkin da skunk..

P.S.
Don't be afraid to sling a candy apple red firefly or smoke or pumpkin colored trout trap on 2lb test with a 7' light action rod....not to get into specifics....... ha ha ha ha

If you try it...I got a top secret retrieval method I'll share with you if you ever want to go light and catch big : )

Salute....

Gary

P.P.S.
Here's the last 2 trout I landed using those methods...
Fresh from the water..
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/postPVRtoad-4-17-10-1-1.jpg
After I carried her walking back to car as she spewed hundreds of eggs !
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/postPVRtoad-4-17-10-2-1.jpg
And anutha from BV
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/Buenavistatoad-1.jpg

Sorry…just had a trout flashback ! : )

Hey Gary, Thanks for reading and sharing some of your nice trout you have been getting into:Cool: . Sweet !!!:Envious: Hopefully you can make it down to the FNN SARL event Dec. 5 th .:Wink:

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Hey Gary, Thanks for reading and sharing some of your nice trout you have been getting into:Cool: . Sweet !!!:Envious: Hopefully you can make it down to the FNN SARL event Dec. 5 th .:Wink:
Whats up at SARL on the 5th ?

CASTAWAY
11-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Whats up at SARL on the 5th ?

This event: http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?51252-Official-Team-57-Event-Family-Fun-Fishing-and-FOOD!&goto=newpost

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-15-2010, 09:50 AM
This event: http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?51252-Official-Team-57-Event-Family-Fun-Fishing-and-FOOD!&goto=newpost

Ohhh, I wasn't aware...I just might make it..

Gary

Troutman65
11-15-2010, 11:56 PM
Ohhh, I wasn't aware...I just might make it..

Gary

That would be great if you could make it out for the event and some trout fishing . Lake should be prime by Dec. 5th