PDA

View Full Version : Bako report.. I must of made the striper gods mad,

cutbait
11-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Friggin A/V guys are ticking me off with the nice fish they have been getting, numbers too! So I am not one to be outdone.. Hit it last night after sundown. First cast snagged a branch and tried to pull it out of the water and up the bank and SNAP!!!! Rod snapped. Equipment failure. Glad I brought my FTS signature series UGLYSTIK as a back up..

Threw the KPN around and BHAM! Got one on... Reeling him in and he heads straight to the fence that runs into the water.. Wraps me up and comes off. Get the KPN back somehow...

Got home from work round 4.. Wifes at Dr... So I said what the heck. Headed to the nearest set of gates {15 mins} and 2nd cast Bham... and I landed him!!!! Been strugglin lately gettin em on the deck not to mention the lack of a limit in atleast a month.. Subsequent casts produce two hits on the fluke. I saw the fish hit and spit it instantly. Smart Stripey...

I think I am still under restriction from the striper gods for breaking the striper code this year.
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2010-11-10_16-50-32_218.jpg

For Yalo, I know your gonna ask
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2010-11-10_16-56-44_604.jpg

yolo
11-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Nice going. Don't you hate that striper drug? It gets you coming back for more and more and more. Do you think those were live shad or from bait and waiters that it ate? We unfortunately don't have shad here in the AV. Not for many years. My buddy just called me too that he dumped another AV big one and then a few minutes later nailed a 7lber. The bite is heating up.

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-10-2010, 05:58 PM
SNAP!!!! Rod snapped. Equipment failure. Glad I brought my FTS signature series UGLYSTIK as a back up..

Ahhhhhh Ha ha ha ha ha ha !

Ahhhhhh-----AHAAAAAAA

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/uglystik1.jpg

Since 1977, the Ugly Stik rod has been the choice of fishermen in America.

They have found Ugly Stik rods to be the most dependable rod they can use !

wherever they are fishing. The unique Howald Process™ design combines graphite and fiberglass to create the strongest, most sensitive rod available today. Millions of satisfied fishermen can’t be wrong!

cutbait
11-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Nice going. Don't you hate that striper drug? It gets you coming back for more and more and more. Do you think those were live shad or from bait and waiters that it ate? We unfortunately don't have shad here in the AV. Not for many years. My buddy just called me too that he dumped another AV big one and then a few minutes later nailed a 7lber. The bite is heating up.

Most defiantly live. Ate today

Dalizzy07
11-10-2010, 06:13 PM
nice catch bro keep the pics coming

yolo
11-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Most defiantly live. Ate today

Do you see any tule perch there? We have a bunch of them here but no shad.

cutbait
11-10-2010, 06:29 PM
I have seen the tule perch here. All at work, dead on the racks though. Always thought they were some member of the carp family till I joined this site and heard you guys talk about them.

Next one I get at work I'll snap a pic of it

yolo
11-10-2010, 06:44 PM
"All at work, dead on the racks though" . What are racks? Do you work for the water resources?

cutbait
11-10-2010, 06:48 PM
"All at work, dead on the racks though" . What are racks? Do you work for the water resources?

Weed racks and Yes

trail blazer
11-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Im jealous,,,,,,,,,,Pilfering all my stripers without me HU,,,,,,LOL

WTG Bro

TRAIL BLAZER

yolo
11-10-2010, 07:14 PM
The fine mesh conveyor ones? Check the grates or water take outs and they should be in there by the hundreds. Approach slow cause they get spooked and jet down out of view. At night they venture out and cruise near the edge. In the spring when they are full of babies they school up and twirl around/dance in the current. It's pretty cool to see.

cutbait
11-10-2010, 07:23 PM

WTG Bro

TRAIL BLAZER

What else is a striper junkie to do? Only one cure for da fever

breeze71
11-11-2010, 02:56 AM
Nice job shaking off the farmers hat! :D

TroutOnly
11-11-2010, 08:48 AM
YOU BROKE THE CODE,THEN YOU RUN YOURE PIC OF YOU TROUT FISHING WITH YOURE BIKINI ON AND WADERS AS YOURE AVATAR ,YOURE LUCKY YOU CAUGHT ANYTHING,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-11-2010, 10:19 AM

WTG Bro

TRAIL BLAZER
AWWWWWW....Don't worry Scott...You'll have your revenge and catchup with him !

Maybe you already did ????

Maybe ...just maybe

M@M
11-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Nice fish. Thanks for report and pics. You might do better with a larger lure:LOL: