PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice for Dana Wharf 1/2 day fishing trip

toofastq
11-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Hello Fellow FNNers,

I need some advice on a saltwater trip that a friend of mine and I are planning. Any advice specific to Dana Wharf would be greatly appreciated. I know that we are in the some cold water, and it is November so my expectations aren't high, but if anybody can help me and my buddy on some fish, FNN is going to be the place. We are planning on this Friday, the 1/2 day boat is what we are set for.
If any of you have been out lately I would appreciate any advice, from bait to tackle. I have never been to Dana Wharf before.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Toofastq

catfish 17
11-09-2010, 02:44 AM
wouldn't go there if i were you. Went there a couple of times and it pretty much sucked. I would recommend newport landing, daveys locker, 22nd street landing and redondo beach landing. All of those are way better then danas wharf.

smokehound
11-19-2010, 01:08 PM
wouldn't go there if i were you. Went there a couple of times and it pretty much sucked. I would recommend newport landing, daveys locker, 22nd street landing and redondo beach landing. All of those are way better then danas wharf.Yep. These guys only care about the fish counts. They will ruin everyone's day if it means ONE calico or sandie on the tally. Check this out- We were doing good-- after a slow morning, we got into some nice rattlers, and Reds, and i score a nice 5 pound treefish.

But they suddenly pulled the anchor and took off towards that one boiler.. you know.. the SAME boiler EVERYONE HAMMERS every damn day>? Then all the older deckhands started fishing!

They ruined everything for ONE bass and ONE red. Never going there again, that's for sure!

lovefofish
11-23-2010, 06:51 PM
dude go to DP Dana Pride, captain Tom will hook ya up.