PDA

View Full Version : SBI 11/7 Report

yellowtail44
11-08-2010, 03:23 PM
We (Three of us total) left the dock at 1am Sunday morning going at a very comfortable pace (since there was no rush and I was all about conserving gas) of 15 mph and we were there at 4 am. There were about 14 boats there with the Freedom being the only cattle boat out there. We drove around checking out the area and then I anchored and took an hour nap. Woke up and most boats were just getting up including the Freedom which we parked next to. Nothing at all in the beginning and we stuck it out like everyone else. Then around 6 or 6:30 we see someone get bent on the Freedom and we all got excited. Then it was our turn… as I was taking pictures of the beautiful sunrise, my clicker starts screaming… I put my camera down, put my reel in gear and I was on. On to something BIG! After about 8 minutes of an intense fight, I get deep color and that thing was HUGE! Larger than any yellowtail I have ever seen. My buddy made a perfect head gaft and pulled the beast on board. I was screaming and high fiving everyone as I never got into a yellowttail that big. Took a bunch a pictures but that may have been a mistake lol… as we were all cheering, three boats drove and anchored all around us. Within literally 75 feet on each side of us!!! The bite was nice and evenly spaced out about 15 mins apart. Then it went cold after about an hour and a half. We got a total of 3 yellows on the boat. I got one, a friend got two and the other friend didn’t get bit. I lost one on the hook set (never set) and my buddy lost one when his owner circle hook pulled straight literally, it looked like a perfect needle when it popped out.

Then we went for rock fish and didn’t do well. I don’t think I fished the right spots… and just enjoyed the day fishing hard but for nothing much after. At the end of the day, we were so happy… had a gorgeous day out, good water conditions and got 3 nice yellows on the boat!!! Drove back and saw Mike at bait barge on his dock and pulled up to see if he had a scale. He did and it’s was a certified digital scale. My yellow went for 37.1 lbs.

We all had a great time and I am looking forward to all the hamachi my family and i will be eating in the next few days!!!

I would post pics but cant figure out how to...

murrieta angler
11-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Sounds like a great trip YT44.
Get a photobucket account and then PM me. I'll walk you through it, if you want.
37#'s..that's a nice one BRo.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

gonzothefishslayer
11-08-2010, 07:58 PM
to upload pictures you have to first shrink them so that they fit the specifications, go to www.picresize.com and shrink them. After they are shrunk you create a file that max 7-8 pics. You open you account and upload the file and later that day you are able to post them. It took me a while to figure that out. Good luck!!!

DockRat
11-09-2010, 05:20 AM
37.1 pounds is a Biggie.
Congrats.
DR

russ88
11-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Congrats on the PB Yellow!

yellowtail44
11-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks guys...

This is easier....