PDA

View Full Version : The Shoe / Hunt. Flats Pre-Report

Speed God
07-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Hey guys!

Targeting: Sand Bass & Checkerboards.

Heading out on a friends boat & wondered if anyone had any advice or tips of what killin em' right now.

Jam baits, FT's, Squid Strips????

Colors??

TIA and I'll have a full report with pics upon my return.

Late!

SG

fishnfool
07-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Hey Speed God......Long time no talk to.. :lol:

Glad to see you are getting out to fish....

I sold pretty much all my RC stuff and bought a bigger boat since the last time I talked to you...

Good Luck on your Trip.......Blams always work.....check JR's report for plastic info

Ambassadorhawg
07-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Hard bottom on the East horseshoe in 80 feet of water for both kinds of bass. Eating plastics well, any color. Also eating finbait well of course.

Blown out in the afternoons but the bite improves as the day progresses.

Some Barracuda out just a little further, too. Some days they eat the iron, some days only finbait.

I believe that the flats are just OK right now. Sandies have yet to move in and spawn full bore.

I fished up off Point Vicente & Marineland yesterday. Good Calico pick bite on finbait. A few small yellows around there, too!

hookemdano
07-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Just read Japanron's last few reports - he's got the latest and most complete info available.

ReelSkunkH8ter
07-27-2007, 04:52 PM
was out at the shoe on a moomoo on thursday. arrived around 2pm...windy and wavy made for a miserable fishing experience. Bass still there though.

If you're on a small boat, the wave is going to rock and roll you

JapanRon
07-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Hi Speed God,

If you're on a private boat, I think I might gamble and head for PV (if the current is right) for a shot at bass in the kelp and those firecrackers up near Rocky Point and somewhere back down around Marineland as I believe Abmassadorhawg suggested in one of his reports.

Horseshoe is awfully crowded with moo-moos and sharpie PBers positioned on some of the more productive bass spots now for almost a week so the area has been hit pretty hard!

Don't be afraid to switch colors really, really often as I and my buddy had no easy time homing in on any consistantly hot color. Work the entire water column HARD!

Good luck,

JapanRon

seanboi
07-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Give the berkeley gulp gray and black shrimp a shot for the calicos you can never go wrong using those.