PDA

View Full Version : Stocking Info

Boater13
11-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Ready for the great trout season that's ahead of us and was just wondering, since they stocked the 20,000 pounds earlier this week if they are going to wait a few weeks to stock the lake again or if they are going to begin a weekly stocking anytime soon. Planning to head out this thursday or friday and do some trolling. Any information on fishing, stocking, or anything else is helpful. Thanks Guys

Marley
11-07-2010, 07:49 PM
With the WON derby coming up next weekend, someone will have to plant a bunch of fish this week. I'm thinkin next Sunday should be a pretty good day to fish.

Boater13
11-08-2010, 10:17 PM
thanks for the info

yah i was thinking about going this thursday or friday but due to bad planning i am not able to make it until saturday and was wondering if it will be too crowded to fish? I am really dying for a good day of trolling but if the lake is too crowded will i be able to troll successfully?

hooks
11-10-2010, 08:03 AM
thanks for the info

yah i was thinking about going this thursday or friday but due to bad planning i am not able to make it until saturday and was wondering if it will be too crowded to fish? I am really dying for a good day of trolling but if the lake is too crowded will i be able to troll successfully?

You can pretty much forget trolling on the weekend. They will rent a boat to anyone with $55 and a pulse.
I encountered lots of idiots out there on Tuesday, on the weekend, there will be 10x as many. Too much boat traffic will kill the troll bite anyway. Best to stick to bait fishing on the weekend unless you have nerves of steal and lots of lures you don't mind losing (just my opinion).
tight lines....

Hook, Line & Sinker
11-10-2010, 04:47 PM
. They will rent a boat to anyone with $55 and a pulse.

LMAO boy the story i have and i was ON SHORE

hooks
11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
I seen 3 guys go full open throttle into trout island one nite! The boat came all the way out of the water.
Amazing stuff....

MRB1185
11-10-2010, 06:12 PM
LMAO boy the story i have and i was ON SHORE

Man same thing happened to me today and I was on shore. This couple of dudes kept trolling RIGHT over my bait. I was no more than 30 ft out. I had to wait many times for them to troll pass me so I could cast my lure rig, else I would have hooked a human instead of a trout!

I dont even think I was 30 ft out...but man I was getting annoyed...

BigBass777
11-10-2010, 08:04 PM
The statement above It reminds me of shore fishing Laguna Niguel Lake. Some boats go straight off the dock thinking they won't catch anybody's line with the electric motor. Then they will see a fish caught and anchor right in front of you. Giving you no room to cast. These pay lakes become a joke when trout season starts. They get so crowded that common sense if left behind.

karlkrger
11-10-2010, 08:08 PM
i know that they are stocking mojave narrows 2marrow

Hook, Line & Sinker
11-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Man same thing happened to me today and I was on shore. This couple of dudes kept trolling RIGHT over my bait. I was no more than 30 ft out. I had to wait many times for them to troll pass me so I could cast my lure rig, else I would have hooked a human instead of a trout!

I dont even think I was 30 ft out...but man I was getting annoyed... Some lady at 7 am decided she was going to shore her rental boat 4 feet (of course she sawed my line) from me on friday, then left it there for 3 1/2 hours...... She had it stuck in the mud and couldnt get it back out

BRING IT
11-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Call the bait shop, & vinepatrol will handle it. :Beat Stick: he is on your side:Big Smile: thats 4 you MRB 1185:Wink: