PDA

View Full Version : ok so i got a sad story.

pasadenafishin
11-07-2010, 02:26 PM
I wasnt sure if i was gonna post this up, but ehhh what the hell why not. So i fished irvine today(sunday) i pretty much trolled all day. Ended up with 3 trout trolling sc shiners.

ok so my story. I wish trolling a CD-5 Rapala on a carolina rig (to get it deep). So that rod goes CRAZZY, BENDO!!! I pick the rod up, set the hook and begin to pull the fish in. In get the fish to the side of the boat, its big, REALLY REALLY BIG. it an easy 10 lbs, i think it was 11. I tried to net the fish but it was to big to fit in the net!! So i try to grab the fish with my hands but its just to slippery. At this point i have had the fish at the side of the boat for a minute and a half or so. So i get desperate, i grab the lure and try to pull the fish up, POP!!!!!!!!!!!!! fish slides into the water and with a kick of his tail is gone I lost the fish and have a treble hook in my hand BUMMER!!!

whatever i still consider it that i caught the fish.
oh and ps Thank you irvine!!! the quality of the fish this year is amazing!!!! all the other fish were 3 lbs..

Hitts0n
11-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Well you can consider that,but you really didnt catch it.....lmao !
Yeah they are some fighters in that lake as of now! Too bad dude!
You will get um next time ! Keep at it ! Thanks for sharing !!

Ifishtoolittle
11-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Bring a Boga grip next time! It may seem pointless for FW fishing, but when you get a pig and your net is too small that is when the Boga is king.

BRING IT
11-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Boga grip is a good idea. or jump in and give it a good ole bully beat down:Smash::ROFL:

troutdog
11-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Grab an oar next time! :LOL:

You leadered that fish and is a catch in my book, wtg kid!

(note to pasadena, buy a new net) :Wink:

TD

drifter023
11-07-2010, 05:13 PM
:Head Bang:I think you need a bigger net.:Razz:

Marley
11-07-2010, 07:53 PM
That sucks! You really should spend $20 and buy a net you can scoop a DD with, though.
I hope your hand is okay.
BTW, you did much better than I did Sunday. I scratched hard for two fish, and didn't net my first until after noon. Good job on your fish!