PDA

View Full Version : They all told me it was slow -bob zombie said screw em mr stripey is going to bleed

TroutOnly
11-07-2010, 07:59 AM
i had the day off from everything so i thought because the dvl reports were still good it was time for some dvl stripey slayin. got to the lake set up , then when i was paying my entry i was told it has been slow for a while only with real scattered action,so i was like oh well im already here. hit the water ran some some off the dr ,got little schoolie action quick but that wasnt what i was after. continued on looking for the bait and school builod ups around them, found what i was looking for but i had too much boat traffic coming and going out of the area, the people would move in throw all the wrong lures get no action then leave then a little while later the same thing, i tired of the rookies and schools not blowing up so i moved out. after a while of only little bass and little stripers as i trolled around the lake i decided i better throw a couple schoolies in the ice chest in case jessie and stephen were right about the bite. just before the wind kicked up into high gear i was back were i had started and sure enough the action had started,after throwing back a couple schoolies i changed the set up real quick ,and had my attack plan down, sure enough the next pass over a huge meatball od shad the was being murdered by a wolfpack of stripers my inside rod get slammed but in the fight and trying to steer the boat and fight the toad mr stripey got the angle on me half way in shook the hook all that did was get me more fired up, the next pass the same thing ,same result so when i was turning around i told my self i was just going to run atraight after the hookup, and depend on the heavy leaders and main line to do its job , i had my san antonio setups in the water ,and they did the job on the third fish, he hit the deck and i was happy in a day when i didnt see one stripey get caught by anybody i felt pretty good , i saw alot of boil whores rolling around looking for them i only had one happen just in front of my trolling hot spot but i had my boil rods laying down on the deck of the boat which i normally never do and sure enough the rough water rolled them on top of each other they were tangled and by time i got my big boy rod cleared the school dropped down and continued the chase after the scool of shad they were chasing, the water clarity was really bad with all the junk in the water,but i was having a better time than some of my friends who were catching the other white meat fish at the vine, gary the one pic does not do the fish justice of how thick he was around his shoulders,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/TROUT/NEW%20TROUT/DSCN0810bbbbbbbbb-------------------------11111111111111.jpg
THIS FISH WAS THICK AROUND THE NECK JUST LIKE TROLLY,,,,,LOL,,,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/TROUT/NEW%20TROUT/DSCN0811bbbbbbbbbbbb------------------2222222222222222222.jpg
DEAD STRIPEYS TAILS TELL NO TALES
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/TROUT/NEW%20TROUT/DSCN0814bbbbbbbbbbbbbb--------333333333333333.jpg
TACO TIME AT T/O'S HOUSE
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/TROUT/NEW%20TROUT/DSCN0815bbbbbbbbbbbbb--------------------------444444444444444444.jpg

HuskerRod
11-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Bob,

I thought I saw you out there, but in the spirit of halloween you pulled a zombie disappearing acton me. I got into smallish schoolies of both largemouth and striper kind. Was suprised how little boat traffic was around and how little boil action was abound. Had to call it a day early as my trolling motor cable broke and the Nebraska game at 12:30. The guys at the dock were nice enough to fix it for me. Went home and promptly fell asleep during the game and woke up to the sound of gail force winds outside and cloudy skies. Man, when I left the lake it wascalm and sunny.

TrouTracker
11-07-2010, 09:03 AM
To Bob- Even if you heard the fishing was slow, you always seem to find them. The striper fishings been off for a few weeks now. It's a combination of several factors: poor water clarity, temperature flucuations, several trout plants, boat pressure and rise in lake elevation. But, it always amazes me how you overcome these types of issues. As always, great "action" report from the Crestliner.........
Barry A. Ogawa

marzocchi
11-07-2010, 10:24 AM
That is some nice stripers Bob.

trail blazer
11-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Pull,d another rabbit out of the hat i see BOB,,,,,,,,,,,WTG on the linesides

TRAIL BLAZER

Wingnut
11-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Nice fishies Uncle Bob! I need to rearrange my schedule and try to head out somewhere with you soon. :Big Grin:
Been chasing the Bass with the vertical stripes lately. :Wink:

fishinone
11-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the report Bob.

I don't think that all of these guys understand that the striper bite where you are fishing.

CL SmooV
11-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Nice Report and Fish Bob.

Spaulding
11-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Love the Zombie shirt. Now I gotta bust out the Astro Creep:2000 album...Nice fish. Damn! thats a nice one.

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Nice work Bob….look at that sloping forehead on that jailbird…

Very indicative of fast and furious feeding frenzies in a short period of time where their overall growth in terms of length does not keep up with their girth….

FOOTBALL BABY !

I’m gonna start calling them “Klingon’s” !

Ahhhha ha ha ha ha !

Sweet feesh there Uncle Bob : )

Way ta get them rollin for you when others say it’s slow…..way ta go !

I’m gonna have ta get out there on them suckas sooner than later…..it’s been ages since I’ve roamed them thar’ waters….

Congrats on a job well done….

….Slaya’ !

Keep up the Blood-work !

Gary

HaiTheMeister
11-09-2010, 04:04 PM
oh, that's one nice looking fish.
Congrats!

TroutOnly
11-10-2010, 08:54 AM
GARY MR STRIPEY IS GOING TO THE STEEL DEATH FROM THE TWO OF US VERY SOON,,,,,,,,,,,ITS TIME FOR SOME BLOOD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,

JigStop
11-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Never seen anybody get bruises like that from patting themselves on the back.

TroutOnly
11-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Hey jigstop you ever gone some where were the people in the are supposed to know tell you the bites dead why arent you fishing some where else ,but you burn up the day to see why or if they are right ,most people left but i stayed till the end and found out important info i know that applies to stripeys at the other lakes as well as the dvl ,if you dont like me or my pst why dont you go back to the other website you hang out at,,,,,,or i could tell you to ,,,,,s-t-f-u,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DONT HATE CAUSE I SLAYED WHEN THEY TOLD ME I WASNTGOING , I WAS BUMMED ENOUGH I FARMED TWO PIGS OUT IN THE BIG WATER, I BET YOU WOULD WENT IN WITH ALL THE REST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

kpn
11-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Nice fishes Bob.
Forget the hater....Just keep killing all stripers.
Next time you go and need a deck hand to pull in all of those fish....Let me know :LOL:.

KPN.

breeze71
11-11-2010, 03:12 AM
Nice fish Uncle Bob!!!

Just keep slaying and let the haters hate...we all know that the haters disappear as fast as they appear...it happens every year around this time. He's just another stat.

Geraldlim
11-11-2010, 06:42 AM
Nice catch Bob! Figuring out how to find and get them to bite when they are off the bite is great.
Gerald

fishincrave
11-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Never seen anybody get bruises like that from patting themselves on the back.

I don't think Bob bruises at all:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: . And the man can catch fish Enough said and lets get back to fishing instead of hating K:Wink:

jomama29
11-12-2010, 12:03 PM
dude, nobody's haitin'. if i pulled up at a pay-to-fish lake and someone tells me that the bite wasn't on, i'd appreciate the full disclosure. in fact, a weak-*** poser noob like me would probably turn around, go home and save myself whatever fee they charge. but what does the employee he have to gain by turning someone away? more fish for him to catch? if he said, "don't waste your time b/c you won't catch anything," then it'd be a different story. and if you had a good day despite the tough fishing experienced by other "less worthy" fellows, then good on you! tell us about it b/c we're all eager to hear about what you did right and what they did wrong. but there's no need to turn on the them-vs-me or the i-showed-them attitude.

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-12-2010, 01:01 PM
were the fisshies biting ?

Gobigal
11-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Bob,

First, it was a pleasure to finally meet you in line a few weeks back. Your "take-no-prisoners" persona was evident in our conversation and I totally respect you for that.

I take great pleasure reading about your fishing expeditions throughout SoCal and points north. We both share the "take revenge on stripers" attitude in that they destroyed a future trophy trout fishery, not only at DVL, but other lakes here in SoCal.

These "posers" who have nothing good to say are evident in our society and will never amount to much. The vast majority of fisherman (and people) are good positive influences as evidenced on this FNN website. Take heart in the fact that 99% of the responses you receive show the friendships you have made and the respect you have just being a good guy and a fellow fisherman.

Keep those postings going.

Big Al

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Bob,

First, it was a pleasure to finally meet you in line a few weeks back. Your "take-no-prisoners" persona was evident in our conversation and I totally respect you for that.

I take great pleasure reading about your fishing expeditions throughout SoCal and points north. We both share the "take revenge on stripers" attitude in that they destroyed a future trophy trout fishery, not only at DVL, but other lakes here in SoCal.

These "posers" who have nothing good to say are evident in our society and will never amount to much. The vast majority of fisherman (and people) are good positive influences as evidenced on this FNN website. Take heart in the fact that 99% of the responses you receive show the friendships you have made and the respect you have just being a good guy and a fellow fisherman.

Big Al
Well that’s what I’M talking about……

Good to see some positive words…..

I tip my fishing hat to you sir….

The fish gods will rain hookups upon you….

I too have had… and continue to have more than my fair share of the “fan club” as I like to put it…where a few rotten apples seek to do nothing than attempt to spoil one’s great outing experience….

It NEVER works anyways and always in the end lends itself to show the true colors of the originator…

Bob is a class act in my book, I’ve known him for years and fish with him often…

Glad you guys had an opportunity to meet in line, Bob is one of a select few in my opinion that truly “gets it” when it comes to the real heart and soul of fishing and demonstrates the true love and passion that a true fisherman should have and feel in his soul…

Again….I salute you….My fishing hat just tipped in your honor !

Your comments above are nicely put....SALUTE !
Gary

jomama29
11-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Bob,

Big Al

not sure who you're insinuating that the 1% posers are, but i sure hope you're not saying it's me, or jigstop even. no one questioned TO's ability to catch fish. it was just observed that the pound-your-chest-i-proved-the-naysayers-wrong attitude was a bit over the top. why? b/c there aren't any naysayers - just observers. if you guys are ok being lefou to TO's gaston, that's cool with me. but just don't expect everyone to be that way.

trail blazer
11-15-2010, 01:20 PM
BoB DOSNT SHOW OFF,,,,,,,,,,EVER!,,,,,,,,,,,,,He really SLAYS!!!!,,Almost every time,,,,,,,,,,,AND He shares his info with those who he chooses too!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a CLASS ACT!!!

Here,,,Let me show you what BRAGGING looks like,

The BAKO BOYS= Striperfest heavy stringer CHAMPIONS

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_2879.jpg

There,,,,,,,,,,Thats bragging,,,ie PATTING ONEs SELF ON THE BACK as you put it.

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD,,,,Ive seen him catch stripers all difetent kinds of ways,,,,,,topwater,,baiting,and trolling and plugging.

He dosnt need to brag,,,,,,,,,,,,

TRAIL BLAZER

cutbait
11-15-2010, 05:43 PM
This is lame!

Bob puts up a report on a very successful striper slay and there are peeps that can't take a little "bait-shop" smack talk?

Do you guys ever interact with other guys? Most every guy I talk with and would consider a friend, good guy, or buddy we razz eachother.

Grow a pair and fight the jealousy that pops up in your heart when you see a guy that has it going on

Nice "humpback" stripes

Kareem Korn
11-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Geez.......What did everyone do 20+ years ago when the only fish reports were in the sports section of the local paper once a week?

trail blazer
11-16-2010, 12:20 PM
OKKK,,,,,,,,,,Here is a thread of T/Os of a san ton trip last summer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,all the info is there,,,,as much as any of us give,,,,,,,,trolling,,boils,,,,both lures used on the boils..

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?48948-The-striper-stalker-came-back-and-there-was-more-blood

None of us would have gotten in on the san ton bite if it wasn,t for T/O giving us all the HEADS UP!!

AND THATS JUST ONE EXAMPLE!!

Hay basshunter 1979,,,,,,,,,,HAVE YOU SEEN THIS LATELY??????????????

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_2879.jpg

TRAIL BLAZER

What do you want BASSHUNTER1979,?,,,,,,,GPS CO ORDNTS,,,,,

Hitts0n
11-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Bob we all know you are the best Guide on FNN! Soo...with that being said,kill some more for me !! S.L.A.Y. ALL DAYY!!

But i'll kill you on shore T/O.........lmao
You put up one great report man ! Keep um coming !

Imma pimp slay you back to Castaic ! lol :ROFL:

:Worship:

smokehound
11-20-2010, 12:19 AM
Good going on the bars.

TroutOnly
11-20-2010, 02:45 PM
kareem,,,,,,, twenty years ago i was throwing giant plugs at castaic at 3 in the morning slaying pig after pig ,way before the ninja term was even used,and killing 20 lbers at the duct when there was no pressure and the duct was ten minutes away,,,,,,,,not counting any of my other adventures in fishing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,those plugs were 7 dollar ACplugs baught locally from the man his self,,,,,,,,,,,,,

chansen49
11-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Yo uncle Bob, when a good time to SLAY? Im getting kinda antsy..
Pm me when you think its a good time to pull the trigger.
Chris

Kareem Korn
11-22-2010, 06:58 PM
those plugs were 7 dollar ACplugs baught locally from the man his self,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Yeah, they were the hot ticket for the skinner stripers back than. I got one left from back in the day. It looks like a cedar plug now because the finish is gone. I bet it can catch fish still. I think I'm going to target the trout like in your picture this winter.

TroutOnly
11-23-2010, 06:54 AM
THAT FISH WAS A 8LB HOLDOVER CAUGHT RIGHT IN FRONT THE BIG FLOATING DOCK AT DVL ,THE SCHOOL OF TROUT WAS CHASING A BIG BAIT BALL THAT WAS TRYING TO HIDE UNDER IT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,

Gobigal
11-23-2010, 05:47 PM
THAT FISH WAS A 8LB HOLDOVER CAUGHT RIGHT IN FRONT THE BIG FLOATING DOCK AT DVL ,THE SCHOOL OF TROUT WAS CHASING A BIG BAIT BALL THAT WAS TRYING TO HIDE UNDER IT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,

Bob,

Weren't those the days.

Like we chatted in line one morning, there's still a few huge holdover trout at 10+lbs that the stripers leave alone. Unfortunately, they're far and in-between and only using lead leader because of the sharp teeth could you manage to bring one of those monsters to the boat.

Good luck to all those "hunters" who are chasing those beauties.

Big Al.