PDA

View Full Version : Kern river

Fishin Magician
11-07-2010, 07:58 AM
The Kern has been fishing great. Last week had temps in the 80's and easy limits. A cold front has blown in and temps have dropped. Even with the wind and cold I still managed 4 fish in under an hour yesterday. Expect to do a little more run and gun as the guys willing to move around are doing much better. Salmon eggs, night crawlers and Power Bait are all working good.
There was a flyfishing tournament yesterday with almost 40 entrants. Fishing for most was good. All the participants that were staying at my lodge caught and measured fish. Haven't found out the results yet, but will post when I find out.
Stocking continues weekly till the end of the general season, then every other week. Crowds and pressure has been light as expected. Fall fishing at it's finest.
For Beeracuda, Greg Madrigal and the others coming up on the weekend of the 19th-21st. I'll try to save a few fish for you guys. should be a good time. still a few rooms open if anyone else wants to join the craziness.

madwire3
11-08-2010, 12:50 PM
wish i could make it, should be a blast

fishinone
11-08-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm looking forward to getting out there to fish for the crappie again.

What would be a good time? Do I have to wait for spring?

Fishin Magician
11-09-2010, 12:23 PM
I haven't been out on the lake in a while although the weather last week and next week are perfect. too much wind till this weekend to even think about it.
I have always been able to get crappie in the fall. The pattern is always the same. Deep, deep, deep. I love the trees in the middle of the lake between North fork marina and Camp 9, Rocky point. The tops are out of the water making the easily recognizable. They sit in 30-50 feet of water. They always seem to be there, just find the right tree and depth. Of course a boat is a must and a good fish finder definetly helps. If you don't get bit try deeper.

fishinone
11-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the info. Right now my boat is down. The steering is locked up.

Maybe I'll have to wait for float tube season.:LOL:

Beeracuda211
11-14-2010, 09:52 AM
John, Save me a few fish and I'll save you a few beers... I think that is a good compromise... When all else fails I might have to truck a trail to my spots :Secret: lol